Topic: Lost in Space (2018) [Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi]

https://next-episode.net/lost-in-space-2018
Watchlists: 14049

https://static.next-episode.net/tv-shows-images/huge/lost-in-space-2018.jpg

Stranded light years from their destination, the Robinson family must come together to survive. A drama series based on the 1960s sci-fi classic.

The show has a 7.2 IMDb rating. I enjoyed season 1, looking forward to season 2. smile

Re: Lost in Space (2018) [Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi]

From a now-deleted thread:

merc_1 wrote:

I was disappointed with the  first season. The 2nd is much much better .  Lots of weepy scenes & rampaging robots.  I hope there is a 3rd season.

Ah... I'm curious to see what exactly they changed. smile

Re: Lost in Space (2018) [Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi]

Yes I too am happier with season 2 but there is still a lot of dross they could get rid of. I am old enough to remember the orginal series back in the day, then they used to have an issue that was sorted out during the epsiode, now the issues span all the episodes and stuff gets drawn out to much.

Not been one for weepy and tearful stuff, this is science fiction with robots...who could ask for anything more...except more robots and aliens please.

And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes....

4 (edited by merc_1 2019-12-27 19:53:08)

Re: Lost in Space (2018) [Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi]

Spoiler

well the original tv series was very much of its day like the original Star Trek which is unbearable to watch these days? Only the trekkies can bear to hear again and again "beam me up scotty".Is it still available any where? The original show  made no attempt at characterisation, you cant get away with  that these days?  I was quite happy with it all, now they have left that horrible dead beat planet behind. The show is supposed to be  called Lost in Space not Swiss Family Robinson which the original series  aped -  that was just a means to link together a number of short stories in effect (some thing that many shows followed eg the original Star Trek) ? One bit I liked when it seemed Smith was actually  turning  good  to be misunderstood and put down by Robinson snr and therefore to revert ( I assume)

Re: Lost in Space (2018) [Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi]

no ending on season 2, that sucks.....

Re: Lost in Space (2018) [Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi]

Really hooked on this Series. I'm into ep04 of 2nd season, but I'm pausing here to go back and re-watch the whole 1st season. Feels like it's been a while.
The Robot is so intriguing, I wanted to refresh my memory...
I'm old enough to remember the original TV show. Wow how tech has advanced...

Re: Lost in Space (2018) [Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi]

The second season had the same effect on me as the first one. I was thoroughly entertained from start to finish. smile

https://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.png
https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=9c3d70de238ebfb2f7ddda60d4ab6e5e
https://signavatar.com/40753_v.gif
https://signavatar.com/40753_s.gif

Re: Lost in Space (2018) [Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi]

davejo90 wrote:

Not been one for weepy and tearful stuff, this is science fiction with robots...who could ask for anything more...except more robots and aliens please.

Spoiler

So I got more robots then, in fact a lot more robots

http://www.davejohnson.co.uk/Smileys/dave/rofl.gif

And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes....

9 (edited by merc_1 2020-01-02 13:13:57)

Re: Lost in Space (2018) [Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi]

davejo90 wrote:
davejo90 wrote:

Not been one for weepy and tearful stuff, this is science fiction with robots...who could ask for anything more...except more robots and aliens please.

Spoiler

So I got more robots then, in fact a lot more robots

http://www.davejohnson.co.uk/Smileys/dave/rofl.gif


Some of he robot scenes reminded me of various  The Mummy scenes?

Re: Lost in Space (2018) [Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi]

scorpius074 wrote:

The second season had the same effect on me as the first one. I was thoroughly entertained from start to finish. smile

Just finished it. Me too, but I liked the final episode a bit less than the rest. smile I love that the show shows space (stars and planets) in a beautiful way.

Spoiler

And it seems that Dr. Smith won't show up again in season 3! Yay! big_smile

11 (edited by merc_1 2020-01-30 20:17:04)

Re: Lost in Space (2018) [Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi]

lighton wrote:
Spoiler

And it seems that Dr. Smith won't show up again in season 3! Yay! big_smile

I think  you are wrong about  your spoiler.

Spoiler

some how those items the robot found,  found their way onto the escape pod....  the last person to have them was Smith.

Re: Lost in Space (2018) [Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi]

Spoiler

Ah, damn... sad I thought she had placed them there earlier.

(I edited your post to shorten what you quoted.)

Re: Lost in Space (2018) [Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi]

lighton wrote:
Spoiler

Ah, damn... sad I thought she had placed them there earlier.

Spoiler

I just had another look at the last eps. Smith had the scarf and ball after she decided not to steal the  escape pod ship?

Re: Lost in Space (2018) [Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi]

Spoiler

I see... If that's the case, we are still screwed in the next season. big_smile (But then I don't understand her space suit helmet drifting out into space...)

15 (edited by merc_1 2020-01-31 22:54:19)

Re: Lost in Space (2018) [Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi]

lighton wrote:
Spoiler

I see... If that's the case, we are still screwed in the next season. big_smile (But then I don't understand her space suit helmet drifting out into space...)

it will be interesting  how they explain that

Spoiler

in fact she had the headscarf on under the helmet

16 (edited by TheFizza 2020-03-13 09:43:31)

Re: Lost in Space (2018) [Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi]

scorpius074 wrote:

In a statement, showrunner Zack Estrin wrote, “From the beginning, we’ve always viewed this particular story of The Robinsons as a trilogy,” Estrin said. “A three-part epic family adventure with a clear beginning, middle, and end. It’s also worth noting that, with what these characters go through just trying to survive each episode — if anyone deserves to catch their breath before their next mission — it’s Will, Penny, Judy, Maureen, John, Don West, Dr. Smith… and The Robot. And, of course, Debbie the Chicken. So while this chapter of Lost In Space is coming to a rousing conclusion, I’m excited about continuing to explore new stories with my friends at Netflix, and for all of the incredible possibilities that lie ahead.”

I'm really sad about this, I feel like they barely had a chance to get anywhere with this series... I can't say I watched many of the Original series Eps in re-runs (and those I did watch I was very young/they were on in the background as I played with toys). But I had a sense that in the Original series there was a lot more exportation and weird adventures. And maybe I was wrong to hope for some of that in this version, but (for me) most of S1 & S2 felt like prologue to those kinds of adventures.

Sure Lost in Space has had adventure but it's also dragged a bit mid-season and I had be hanging on with the expectation that that was to temper the future Eps but now it feels like a lot of missed opportunities sad I hope I'm wrong and this last season takes us away...

The only other Lost in Space exposure I had was the movie (also when I was young) which I remember not like it at all and the unaired pilot, which I thought was pretty good (I went through a phase where I was really into pilots - speaking of which the Zero Effect pilot was brilliant, watch it!)

Anyway I have been enjoying this series, it's like a PG-13 version of Stargate (not to say that franchise was R... Well Universe was kinda) but I've liked watching something a little more wholesome that still kicked butt wink

Here's hoping that S3 does a little more with this great premise!

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fe18e3ede310c4d0ddb3af64211e19ec

Re: Lost in Space (2018) [Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi]

TheFizza wrote:

I'm really sad about this, I feel like they barely had a chance to get anywhere with this series... I can't say I watched many of the Original series Eps in re-runs (and those I did watch I was very young/they were on in the background as I played with toys). But I had a sense that in the Original series there was a lot more exportation and weird adventures. And maybe I was wrong to hope for some of that in this version, but (for me) most of S1 & S2 felt like prologue to those kinds of adventures.

Yeah, Netflix's Lost in Space is closer to the original series first season. Moderately serious sci-fi with an ensemble cast who each got focus episodes. I watched the original series some time ago, and I can understand how someone from that era could have a soft spot for the '65 series. The original series only lasted three seasons (83 episodes); however, it felt pressure, later on, to adopt a more camp style to compete against the Adam West Batman series (both shows eventually aired in the same time slot) colossal success, and also fan feedback. Character focus diminished to just Smith, Will, and the Robot, and a moderately serious sci-fi approach was tossed out of the airlock in favor of surrealism and slapstick. I'm not trying to downplay the original series in any way (I thought it fit perfectly well), but that's simply the direction the series shifted towards for the second and third seasons.

Netflix's Lost in Space, on the other hand, will also end after its third season and it should receive a proper ending. Most of Netflix's shows seem to end after three or four seasons, so this feels right on average. It seems like a show really has to be a flagship to extend beyond three or four seasons on Netflix. Which IMHO blows chunks in the binge-for-all season release format because they tend to be over in the blink of an eye. I mean, you could try to exercise some restraint and moderate your consumption habits, but if it happens to be that type of quality entertainment that has every fiber of your being held hostage, well, then... good luck with that. wink

But I am with you on hoping that Season 3 hits us with a little more Oomph! and wraps this splendid series up in a manner that will satisfy most. I also agree that it has dragged a bit in places, but overall I can't complain. I have thoroughly enjoyed this series so far for the most part.

https://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.png
https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=9c3d70de238ebfb2f7ddda60d4ab6e5e
https://signavatar.com/40753_v.gif
https://signavatar.com/40753_s.gif

Re: Lost in Space (2018) [Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi]

^^^^^^^ If I could give that post a "Like", I would...