Topic: Future

I'm wondering if this will be Jennifer's last season? Will they groom someone to take her place, or end the series?

Re: Future

End the show probably, I kinda hope so....used to be my favourite show, now think it's dreadful...the writers attention is obviously with Lost so i'd rather see them kill it off than keep it dragging.

</ post>

Re: Future

yeh sounds good, kill it while its still ok, if they bring in someone new then it better be a whole new cast with a whole new show

Re: Future

it does get a bit repetitive.  Misson, rambaldi, people get betrayed/are double agents, repeat next episode!

Re: Future

Nick wrote:

it does get a bit repetitive.  Misson, rambaldi, people get betrayed/are double agents, repeat next episode!

Honestly.  Though, I could seriously go for some Rambaldi.  It's been a while since they gave that idea any thought.  It's like the new writers have no earthly idea what made Alias great.  Season Two was the highpoint, in my opinion, and since then it's been a backwards slide.  The show has lost all its heart, all its humor, and all its consequences.

Take last week's show for example.  The opening with this season's New Girl was cool!  What does her family think about all this?  What did she tell them?  Are they mad?  THAT IS WHAT ALIAS USED TO BE ABOUT: Being a spy and how it hurts the people you love, but you keep trying to save the world because no one else can.  Also, last week is the FIRST time any character has said ANYTHING about it being STUPID to go around fighting and shooting guns while you're pregnant.  And it came off as hollow and uncaring.  Way to go, guys.

I keep hoping for them to get back on track, but it never happens.  The show has gotten too episodic and not cliffhangery enough.  What's the deal with that?  That was Alias's whole shtick, and now we just let 24 do it?  There are no real underlying threats, no mysteries, no alliances with hated enemies.

And wtf, you let Sloane out of prison and he's WORKING WITH THE GOOD GUYS?!  They could have had him FINALLY become the Big Bad of the show again!  He's the only person on the show that had anything interesting going on any more and now he's free and working with the good guys.  Screw that.  I want Sloane out amassing arms and operatives.  This is retarded. 

I swear, if it wasn't out of respect for the first two and a half seasons of this show, I would not still be watching.  With all the cast changes, they should have ended the show and done a Jack Bristow and Marshall spinoff.

Re: Future

dryponder wrote:

And wtf, you let Sloane out of prison and he's WORKING WITH THE GOOD GUYS?!  They could have had him FINALLY become the Big Bad of the show again!  He's the only person on the show that had anything interesting going on any more and now he's free and working with the good guys.  Screw that.  I want Sloane out amassing arms and operatives.  This is retarded.

Hmm I don't agree with you. The Sloane storyline isn't clear yet. First you thought he would be with the good guys. After he was bought out of the death row you thought he will be with the bad guys.
But after the last ep you knew that he is just on his own side and he made clear that he will do whatever is necessary to save his daughter. And that is exacly interesting again. It will definitely result in twisting storylines with him betraying both sides while nice contacts of him will appear.
At least - I hope that happens wink

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&amp;kk=f2f78bbc2ae515f1a55746f794066001

7 (edited by dryponder 2005-11-16 18:07:51)

Re: Future

BlackBox wrote:
dryponder wrote:

And wtf, you let Sloane out of prison and he's WORKING WITH THE GOOD GUYS?!  They could have had him FINALLY become the Big Bad of the show again!  He's the only person on the show that had anything interesting going on any more and now he's free and working with the good guys.  Screw that.  I want Sloane out amassing arms and operatives.  This is retarded.

Hmm I don't agree with you. The Sloane storyline isn't clear yet. First you thought he would be with the good guys. After he was bought out of the death row you thought he will be with the bad guys.
But after the last ep you knew that he is just on his own side and he made clear that he will do whatever is necessary to save his daughter. And that is exacly interesting again. It will definitely result in twisting storylines with him betraying both sides while nice contacts of him will appear.
At least - I hope that happens wink

The fact that he was released is retarded.  The idea that he will do 'anything to save his daughter' is something you're believing just because he SAID SO. 

Come on, Sloane, prove it to me!  DO SOMETHING.  ANYTHING besides thank the significant others of the people you've murdered for writing letters on your behalf.  Blegh.  Plus, since the actress playing Sloane's daughter isn't returning, who cares?  We're never going to see this pay off. 

Gordon Dean (my name is Dean and I DO like hearing things like 'Dean says he'll detonate the bombs' or whatever) is nowhere near the bad guy this show needs to make the missions seems important.  Ever since the end of season two, this show has been struggling to have UMPH.  They don't have it.  Introducing characters like Dean and that French spy girl (Vaughn's been working with her for years?  Yeah, ever since we just made that up) and this new blonde girl, and this new dude agent just signals that the show is weak.  It's like how they had to introduce Sydney's aunts when they couldn't get Irina back on the show.  All the new people do is say 'Hey, you remember when it seemed like this show had an overall plan?  An outline for where things were going?  Not anymore!  These days we just add cast members or delete them when we want!"

No Will, no Francine, no Irina, no Vaughn, no Weiss, no Sark.  No Alliance, no Covenant, no Trust. No personal lives (even if we're pregnant!), no jokes, no risks, no stakes, no Rambaldi, no prophecy, no cliffhangers.  Pretty soon, no audience.

Re: Future

btw guys, I'm fighting with my self not to read what you've posted about alias, and I'm succeeding so far smile
The reason is that I've watched every single episode till the last season (and I have all the aired episodes of it for now). Just don't have the time to watch 'em. When I do, I'll be more active in this discussion.
Not that Alias is so big for me, that I care about spoiling something by reading the posts, but through the seasons it got less and less entertaining, and I don't wanna lose at least what's left wink)
It's kinda dumb show, but Jenniffer ... well, always a good reason to watch it wink

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&amp;kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e