1 (edited by kabapy 2009-04-30 16:44:14)

Topic: Lost 5x14 some theories i made up

Ok here is what i got so far:

1. Faraday was wrong, the people of the ocienic are not variables. every thing is falling in to his place to complete the circle of events
2. Faraday's mother must be keeping a terrible secret to sacrifice her son that way(By her hands !!! that is so deep)
3. Richard do not age BUT he is mortal and can be killed or at least hurt
4. desmond is not finished yet

I Am The Inevitable Conclusion Of My Past

Re: Lost 5x14 some theories i made up

kapaby wrote:

Faraday was wrong, the people of the ocienic are not variables. every thing is falling in to his place to complete the circle of events

You conclude that from that he was killed by his own mother and presumably wanted to change the future by influencing his mother in some way? In course of doing so failed and thus there are no variables? (Just trying to get some reasons here big_smile)

kabapy wrote:

Faraday's mother must be keeping a terrible secret to sacrifice her son that way(By her hands !!! that is so deep)

Maybe she just wants to protect the course of time.

kabapy wrote:

Richard do not age BUT he is mortal and can be killed or at least hurt

It would be interesting to get some information about him. His person has been a mystery so far. But maybe he's just another child of The Island with a special ability not to age.

All in all a good episode. I was looking forward to it (two weeks was too long though wink).
I like what Whittmore is Dan's father... whatever that might bring to the show over time.

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Variable

...where did I put that rat's ass I could give?

Daemons are benevolent or benign nature spirits, beings of the same nature as both mortals and gods, similar to ghosts, chthonic heroes, spirit guides, forces of nature or the gods themselves.

This show just gets better and better. I had a moment of almost panic when I realized the following is a possible end to the show (doesn't seem very likely but...)

They successfully stop the drilling at the swam site, thus changing the need to press the button every 108 minutes and stopping the plane going down, and [Flash] every bodies life goes on from the original plane flight to LA like nothing ever happened, maybe the last season follows how their lives would have progressed if they never went to the island... I mean they all had a lot of stuff going on anyway.

..that would be a hell of an ending

All I could think about when Faraday's mother shot him was: "Somebody on the writing staff has seen Doctor Who's "Silence in the Library / Forest of the Dead" two-parter and liked it so much they decided to incorporate the twist in their story ..." Honestly, the second time you see this kind of time-switch it is much less impressive.

"We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go."
-- Colonel Tigh

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=6a46bed7e7b08a8ca752faaaa99a03bd

POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Lost is getting awesome again. But I also think it's starting to remind me of "All My Circuits" with Calculon. There are so many dramatic upsets, like "I'm your son", "He's my son too", "im robot-you, returned from the future to marry your evil twin sister". There's just always a "big" twist, leading to a 5 second zoom-in on someone's eyes. tongue

maens wrote:
kapaby wrote:

Faraday was wrong, the people of the ocienic are not variables. every thing is falling in to his place to complete the circle of events

You conclude that from that he was killed by his own mother and presumably wanted to change the future by influencing his mother in some way? In course of doing so failed and thus there are no variables? (Just trying to get some reasons here big_smile)

I think Faraday was right. As variable you can change your own future. Unfortunately he was also in the past of his own mother he couldn't change. His mother could've told him that but she also knew that she couldn't change her own past. So Faraday was no variable but a constant. I hope the nexts episode picks up right there and explains a bit of Alpert and his intentions with the island. And I don't think Jack and Kate are constants, so they can change their future... wink

Awesome episode big_smile

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2f78bbc2ae515f1a55746f794066001

Yes, that makes sense. But maybe Faraday did change something afterall (or could have). I'm still not entirely sure he is a constant. But that's just a hunch... I would've expected a specific comment of his mother referring to Faraday's death (e.g. when she was talking to Penny). That would show his mother knew what was going to happen (or already happend in her past) thus showing his death was inevitable and he is a constant.

eloise does say to widmore "dont talk to me about sacrifice, ive just sent my son to that island knowing--"

"city morgue, you kill em, we chill em"

Oh right... totally forgot that one wink