Re: Reacher [Drama, Action]

henerey wrote:

Also, not a critique of Alan, but the show inclines to the homoerotic with his physique.

Interesting interpretation... I just thought they were giving the female viewership some eye candy.

Very much liked season 1, but season 2? Just awful… I think it is just the band of, erm, trusty sidekicks which just doesn’t work for me. I liked the dynamic between Reacher and Roscoe. And I totally hate the team in season 2 with to many „on the nose“ jokes and boring stereotypes.

Also it feels like for three episodes, the story is just not picking up.

henerey wrote:

First season was OK. Ritchson was a refreshing new take. Now after 2 eps of season 2, that shine has dulled for me. Alan lumbers woodenly through scenes, lines, even moves. I find myself wanting closer to Cruise, who was better if you hadn't read the books. Also, not a critique of Alan, but the show inclines to the homoerotic with his physique. Why not show more female skin? Not my cup of tea.

As a woman, it's nice to have a break from nearly naked women once in a while.

29 (edited by jimslim 2024-01-12 09:56:45)

For me, Series 1 was pretty good (It had Kristin Kreuk!) But i'm afraid Series 2 is pretty dire.
I regularly fall asleep during the show.

I've got to be honest though, series 2 is much more representative of the books, which based upon the first (and only) books in the series I read, is just as awful.

Based upon the material, Tom Cruise (and/or his team) is/are a genius(s) based upn the 2 films he(they) knocked out.

I still enjoy season 2, but wonder if the show has become slightly less funny and a lot more brutal compared to season 1? cool Or does my memory fail me? big_smile

lighton wrote:

I still enjoy season 2, but wonder if the show has become slightly less funny and a lot more brutal compared to season 1? cool Or does my memory fail me? big_smile

Yeah, in season 2 there's too much killing. It's like: when in doubt, kill. Preferred season 1.

The popular Amazon Prime Series has already been renewed for season 3, and production seems to be fully underway. Much like the shift between seasons 1 and 2, the future installment in the life of action hero Jack Reacher will likely send the former military operative on a completely new mission.

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/t … cast-news/

Curious to see in what direction they'll go in season 3!

The "team" in S2 didnt work at all for me. Felt like Chat GPT dialogue.

Hope they get back to basics. That being, brick shithouse Reacher saunters into a new town, unearths new and original ways to beat the shit out of baddies, solves the case, hits the road again.

Rock and roll ain't no riddle man.