Topic: Android - Mark as Watched on "Episode Summary" page?

On the Android app, when you tap on an episode and get the "Episode Summary" page, do you think it would be useful to add a "Mark as Watched" button right on that page?

Re: Android - Mark as Watched on "Episode Summary" page?

It may be, yes, thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers!

spicerack wrote:

On the Android app, when you tap on an episode and get the "Episode Summary" page, do you think it would be useful to add a "Mark as Watched" button right on that page?

Hey @santah, just wanted to follow up on this to see if it's possible and see if people may like this feature. Personally, I think it would be super helpful and always think of it when I'm on the Episode Summary page on the app. Thanks!

Hey.

I see one problem which prevents me from implementing this.

If this is added to Episode Summary page, and there are multiple ways to reach an episode summary page - from the Episodes tab, from show details previous/next episode summary, from show details Episodes list - then, for consistency, the ability to mark watched should appear in all these episode summary screens.

Then, people will start to wonder - why can I only mark watched in the episode summary page, but not a level above (like on show details page or Episodes from show details page) which would require changes I'm not willing to make (because they'll change the current concept of managing watched episodes in the Episodes tab).

Let me know if that made sense.

santah wrote:

Hey.

I see one problem which prevents me from implementing this.

If this is added to Episode Summary page, and there are multiple ways to reach an episode summary page - from the Episodes tab, from show details previous/next episode summary, from show details Episodes list - then, for consistency, the ability to mark watched should appear in all these episode summary screens.

Then, people will start to wonder - why can I only mark watched in the episode summary page, but not a level above (like on show details page or Episodes from show details page) which would require changes I'm not willing to make (because they'll change the current concept of managing watched episodes in the Episodes tab).

Let me know if that made sense.

Ah, ok. Yeah that makes sense. Thanks!