26 (edited by g371 2023-01-21 19:25:12)

Re: The Last of Us [Drama, Adventure, Thriller, Horror]

merc wrote:
g371 wrote:
merc wrote:

just another zombie tv series....what happens after. no thankyou. seen enough of these fall of civilisation shows

That's the thing, there are a lot of them, but very few of them don't suck, so we need more attempts to get it right smile

Listening to BBC World at One radio the critics are raving ( mad ) about it.

well the best show would be one maybe one eps of 30 minutes in which we see they all die and leave the planet to the rats and other vermin. End scene a racoon strolling down the street. call the one eps show "None Left". Would suit Netflix as they have nothing to renew

The only fall-of-civilisation show I have ever liked was Dark Angel with Jessica Alba from 2000 - thats 22 years ago and better than the lot of the modern stuff

Imo these two set the bar and the rest for 20 years are trying (increasingly more pathetic [1] [2]) to reach it:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120804/
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480249/

So, in this one are gathered acting superstars and expectations are high smile Tho I personally would watch any garbage in this genre, since I find interesting the premise itself.

Came close to tapping out in the middle of ep 2. Just upped the speed to 2.5x instead but it's on shaky ground with me now.

mrverene wrote:

Came close to tapping out in the middle of ep 2. Just upped the speed to 2.5x instead but it's on shaky ground with me now.

Oh? I really enjoyed 1x2. smile

Loved all the post-apocalypse scenery: looked great from up close, and the CGI backgrounds were also done professionally.

lighton wrote:
mrverene wrote:

Loved all the post-apocalypse scenery: looked great from up close, and the CGI backgrounds were also done professionally.

Totally agree.

2020.  Meh.

I was just a bit bored, it wasn't bad or anything. There's no amount/quality of scenery that'll interest me. That's also true irl big_smile

mrverene wrote:

I was just a bit bored, it wasn't bad or anything. There's no amount/quality of scenery that'll interest me. That's also true irl big_smile

cool

32 (edited by merc 2023-01-24 23:01:39)

lighton wrote:
mrverene wrote:

that does not say much for a show? don't bother with plot or action or actors just do a Smithsonian  over fly of the  scenary lol

merc wrote:
lighton wrote:
mrverene wrote:

that does not say much for a show? don't bother with plot or action or actors just do a Smithsonian  over fly of the  scenary lol

I meant that that makes immersion into the show much easier for me. Thankfully, when they screw this up, the rest of the show is typically pretty bad, too. *cough* La Brea *cough*

I liked the first two episodes. Very well produced, great leads... Pena and Olivia rock!

Spoiler

too bad we won't see more Olivia sad But these kind of things make a show great.... sacrifice good leads s always hard

And if you know Boston, the scenery has been set up damn well. I loved all the small details you do recognize when they show the desolate city in ruins.

Sure, the story is slow, but I think well paced. Better than rush from zombie to zombie for a quick thrill.

35 (edited by merc 2023-01-26 14:08:42)

just an opinion. I suspect where all these shows go wrong is they make the apocalypse the story rather than a backdrop like they did in Dark Angel with a basically positive/fun story?

merc wrote:

just an opinion. I suspect where all these shows go wrong is they make the apocalypse the story rather than a backdrop like they did in Dark Angel with a basically positive/fun story?

It's either that, or all these shows are 100% right and you are just a tiny minority who wants something different? Hmmmmm...... cool

It's because god is dead and these demons keep making wrong and upsetting TV shows. Or simply tech is advancing, today it's way more easy to show some apocalypse in TV show and no need to compensate with fun and positive story.

38 (edited by inkblot 2023-01-27 07:26:36)

I never knew about the game. And I do like the show. It reminds me of this debate where a book has been turned into a movie. And all the people who read the book hate the show.

And the ones who never read the book loved the show.

--== Warning. This message will self destruct in 24h. ==--

Good News

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv … 235308683/

Renewed for Season 2

I'm so out.  102 was boring AF.  The backstory in China was WAY more interesting than the main story.

Maybe a 6/10.

paisley1 wrote:

I'm so out.  102 was boring AF.  The backstory in China was WAY more interesting than the main story.

Maybe a 6/10.

I found it slow as well. And the backstory threw me a bit.

But I love Pedro Pascal's voice, when I cant sleep I put something he is in on. And I fall asleep. Leonard Nimoy had the same effect on me with In search Of.

And I do enjoy Anna Torv. She was my fav on Fringe https://next-episode.net/fringe. And the kid carries it well. She kinda has the same attitude as Elliot Page in Juno 2007. So I can ignore a slower plot etc.

I would rate this show a 7/10.

4/10