51

Re: Looking for a good comedy

nightcrow wrote:

Anyone seen [...] Ted Lasso?

Would appreciate thoughts before I delve in.

You might want to click the forum link on https://next-episode.net/ted-lasso wink

52 (edited by paisley1 2021-02-18 03:30:23)

Re: Looking for a good comedy

LuC wrote:

I like the least amount of comedy.  I watched The Last Man on Earth for a while before I dropped it, though I enjoyed watching all of Red Dwarf.

As for what's currently running, I was drawn to and watched the first two episodes of Mr Mayor yesterday and will likely continue.  It's pretty silly but i like the dynamics.

Hey LuC, thanks for mentioning Mr. Mayor, that show is hilarious, I love it!  I'm all caught up.

Lighton:  I think you mean here https://forum.next-episode.net/viewtopic.php?id=10291

53

Re: Looking for a good comedy

paisley1 wrote:
nightcrow wrote:

Anyone seen The Crew and Ted Lasso?

Would appreciate thoughts before I delve in.

Thanks

Love Ted Lasso, it's a plucky British/American underdog soccer comedy with heart.  General themes are about moving forward and overcoming your past.  Jason Sudekis anchors it well.  I'd say B- level production.  Ensemble cast. Character stories make me want to keep watching.  I really enjoy it.

Never heard of The Crew until today.

Thanks buddy - appreciated.

Brothers! What we do in life...Echoes in Eternity!


http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=9a35ebe93d371275706bdebcafefaa47

54

Re: Looking for a good comedy

lighton wrote:
nightcrow wrote:

Anyone seen [...] Ted Lasso?

Would appreciate thoughts before I delve in.

You might want to click the forum link on https://next-episode.net/ted-lasso wink

paisley1 wrote:

Lighton:  I think you mean here https://forum.next-episode.net/viewtopic.php?id=10291

Yes, that is the forum link on https://next-episode.net/ted-lasso cool

55 (edited by paisley1 2021-03-09 17:00:58)

Re: Looking for a good comedy

I was thinking of starting a discussion thread for Mr. Mayor, but I just found out it only had 9 episodes, and is already over, which is so disappointing, because I was just getting into this story.  I wish they had more writers and bigger budgets to produce more episodes.  If anyone out there is looking for a silly comedy, watch Mr. Mayor.  This sort of thing goes to prove my point that it doesn't seem like I watch much TV, but I do, it's just the seasons are so short, that I never get invested in anything.

56 (edited by g371 2023-01-17 17:03:05)

Re: Looking for a good comedy

Hacks - https://next-episode.net/hacks
Minx - https://next-episode.net/minx
Home Economics - https://next-episode.net/home-economics
Ghosts - https://next-episode.net/ghosts-2021
Awkwafina Is Nora From Queens - https://next-episode.net/awkwafina-is-nora-from-queens
Son of a Critch - https://next-episode.net/son-of-a-critch

57

Re: Looking for a good comedy

Didn't see these on a quick scan, apologies if repeats

https://next-episode.net/reservation-dogs
https://next-episode.net/only-murders-in-the-building
https://next-episode.net/cunk-on-earth
https://next-episode.net/cunk-on-britain
https://next-episode.net/the-young-offenders
https://next-episode.net/letterkenny
https://next-episode.net/shoresy

58

Re: Looking for a good comedy

Did not knew Cunk on Earth exists, definitely will be checking it out, Cunk on Britain was hilarious.

59 (edited by g371 2023-01-17 20:30:53)

Re: Looking for a good comedy

g371 wrote:

Did not knew Cunk on Earth exists, definitely will be checking it out, Cunk on Britain was hilarious.

Yeah, it's gold, now I know that Mesopotamians had the same number of holes we do big_smile

Imagine how many takes it took to film all that bs with a straight face big_smile

Edit: meh, pussied out to shit on islam

60

Re: Looking for a good comedy

g371 wrote:

Did not knew Cunk on Earth exists, definitely will be checking it out, Cunk on Britain was hilarious.

Don't forget the specials and Weekly Wipe etc. if you're a big fan of her and Charlie Brooker.

2020.  Meh.

61

Re: Looking for a good comedy

Finished watching Cunk On Earth, it was great, only did not like the last episode. Too many missed opportunities with orcs and almost made them sound sane, plus English speakers should give up using their language, the expert is wrong, Sputnik does not mean a traveler in Orcish, it literally means "a satellite" or secondary, rather rarely used meaning -"somebody who accompanies you" in a broad sense. Including if "travelling" is to a toilet.

62

Re: Looking for a good comedy

This has a promising trailer: https://next-episode.net/extraordinary

63

Re: Looking for a good comedy

g371 wrote:

This has a promising trailer: https://next-episode.net/extraordinary

Yes, but I'll check the IMDb rating a week after it aired before I try watching it. cool

64

Re: Looking for a good comedy

lighton wrote:
g371 wrote:

This has a promising trailer: https://next-episode.net/extraordinary

Yes, but I'll check the IMDb rating a week after it aired before I try watching it. cool

roll

65

Re: Looking for a good comedy

*sigh*.  Why not watch it and make your own mind up?

2020.  Meh.

66

Re: Looking for a good comedy

graybags wrote:

*sigh*.  Why not watch it and make your own mind up?

I don't even have time to watch everything where I'm sure I'll enjoy it, so I need to filter the rest. smile

67 (edited by g371 2023-01-24 19:39:29)

Re: Looking for a good comedy

For comedies IMDb rating not always reflect the quality, since the general population are either too dumb to understand references/logic of epic jokes, are offended by them or simply have a shitty sense of humor. For example, this marvel has rating just 7.8: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460619/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ0eWm5PxkU

68

Re: Looking for a good comedy

g371 wrote:

For comedies IMDb rating not always reflect the quality, since the general population are either too dumb to understand references/logic of epic jokes, are offended by them or simply have a shitty sense of humor. For example, this marvel has rating just 7.8: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460619/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ0eWm5PxkU

Sure, stuff like that happens, but why do you say "just" 7.8? That video is funny, yes, but 7.8 looks about right. smile

69 (edited by g371 2023-01-25 09:26:38)

Re: Looking for a good comedy

I'm saying just 7.8, because I don't remember even half of comedies I have seen, but remember most of Lucky Louie stuff. It's a solid metric how great something is big_smile And then there is also the opposite - 8+ for lame jokes shows.

70

Re: Looking for a good comedy

g371 wrote:

I'm saying just 7.8, because I don't remember even half of comedies I have seen, but remember most of Lucky Louie stuff. It's a solid metric how great something is big_smile

Wow... I'm almost tempted to watch it! big_smile

71

Re: Looking for a good comedy

I couldn't even make it through the clip

72 (edited by g371 2023-01-25 15:59:00)

Re: Looking for a good comedy

lighton wrote:
g371 wrote:

I'm saying just 7.8, because I don't remember even half of comedies I have seen, but remember most of Lucky Louie stuff. It's a solid metric how great something is big_smile

Wow... I'm almost tempted to watch it! big_smile

As it's said in IMDb reviews: "One of the most hilarious sitcoms ever". Also, fun fact, in a couple episodes is Emma Stone before she became a superstar.

haha, from IMDb

Brilliant - but too obscene for prissy yanks.

73 (edited by g371 2023-01-25 18:19:35)

Re: Looking for a good comedy

g371 wrote:

This has a promising trailer: https://next-episode.net/extraordinary

Yep, this is legit funny. Finally one watchable superheroes show big_smile

74

Re: Looking for a good comedy

I've just watched https://next-episode.net/the-goes-wrong-show. Highly recommended for some good old-fashioned belly laughs!