Topic: Vox - Why we all need subtitles now

Why we all need subtitles now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYJtb2YXae8

Good video! I'm using subtitles way more often than I did in the past, and my hearing is still great. wink

Re: Vox - Why we all need subtitles now

Thank you! I always thought I had a problem with "listening" (as opposed to "hearing") and I've used subtitles for almost ever. The worst person in my view is Kiefer Sutherland in 24 where he mumbled all the time but the subtitles saved me.

I'm also trying out subtitles in another language to help learn too. A very useful idea.

Many thanks to all the subtitle creators out there  big_smile

I guess I'm doing pretty well since I only started using them all the time once I worked past 1.5x speed. Well apart from Letterkenny, for which I need them at base speed cuz hicks and hockey players.

Ironically I could not "hear" a couple words she said.

I use them about 20% of the time if the sound mixing is not great. Apparently gunfire, chainsaws and loud rock music aren't good for your hearing.

If I wish to read I shall open a book. For me TV is visual. No reading required. Otherwise I will be too busy looking at the text and miss the movie.

--== Warning. This message will self destruct in 24h. ==--

inkblot wrote:

If I wish to read I shall open a book. For me TV is visual. No reading required. Otherwise I will be too busy looking at the text and miss the movie.

Then you can never watch shows like https://next-episode.net/1899 or movies/ shows in a different language than the one(s) you know. smile

I am hearing impaired so i always use subtitles, but i am also sound sensitive (self-diagnosed) so i usually prefer watching stuff with very low volume on, then subtitles is also necessary.