Re: The Peripheral [Drama, Sci-Fi, Thriller] (Chloë Grace Moretz)

I also enjoy the show's episode names. smile

27 (edited by paisley1 2022-11-27 00:17:03)

lighton wrote:
inkblot wrote:

107 was spectacular.

Yeah! My biggest issue with this show: not enough episodes! cool

107?  Really? Uh...

Spoiler

...I thought Connor and Burton's fight choreography was quite weak; they both looked like out of shape actors flailing around, and it took me out of it unfortunately.  Re-watch the scene of them in the future in the black outfits.

The scenes back in the USA were all great. 5/5 stars.  You wouldn't want to kill Corbell (unpopular opinion coming) because at least you can track where all the evil is coming from if you keep him alive, if you kill him, they'll find someone less congenial and more evil, and you'll never know how to stop them.

The chat between Ash and Ossian was revealing of their distrust of Zubov (in fact, everyone's distrust of everyone in the future), but the chat between Zubov and Ash, and then Cherise and Inspector Ainsley, while being well portrayed and somewhat intriguing, were boring repetitive storytelling in that "Oh, I'm going to threaten you to get information out of you, and oh I'm going to leverage my power and authority to get what I want." Yawn.  You've written the hell out of this worn out plot device, move on writers.  Wake me up when it's over.

Overall, I thought it was one of the weaker episodes.

The episode names definitely stick with you though, really funny. wink

There's a mid-credits in the finale fyi your information.

also

Spoiler

How did Conner know exactly when she'd forget what number came next? Or does everyone in near future Bumblefuck have exactly the same difficulty with counting?

I never want an episode longer than 50 mins of anything. My hamster brain gets itchy enough past 30, and that's watching everything at double speed. I think two more would have been stretching. They gave enough info to make it intriguing and make me give season 2 a shot.

Spoiler

So Wilf's role this season was to stand around and look dapper?

https://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.png
https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=9c3d70de238ebfb2f7ddda60d4ab6e5e
https://signavatar.com/40753_v.gif
https://signavatar.com/40753_s.gif

Such as good show, but could have been more content/ had more episodes for the first season!

Very minor continuity goof (the first one I noticed in a while) in 1x8:

Spoiler

At 14:50, water can be seen at the retaining wall. At 15:00, the sun is visible at their right side, throwing shadows to the left.

At 21:00 (and only minutes later in the 1x8 story), long shadows can be seen in the opposite direction, and the retaining wall is dry.

smile

scorpius074 wrote:
Spoiler

So Wilf's role this season was to stand around and look dapper?

Mostly. wink (And to explain future stuff.)

For those who watched the season finale without paying attention 100% of the time:

The Peripheral Season 1 Ending Explained (In Detail)
https://screenrant.com/the-peripheral-s … explained/

33 (edited by lighton 2022-12-04 22:25:48)

lighton wrote:

For those who watched the season finale without paying attention 100% of the time:

The Peripheral Season 1 Ending Explained (In Detail)
https://screenrant.com/the-peripheral-s … explained/

Spoiler

With all this one tiny issue, let's assume they branched off 2032, she already connected to her peripheral in the future - so how long it will take Cherise Nuland to figure out that Inspector Lowbeer is not her friend and the cringe sniper shot was a complete bs? A minute? Plus in another cringe scene with the destruction of the clock, she herself told Nuland that there will be a new stub, just Nuland won't be able to control it, since Nuland will not be aware where/when it is. So, the premise really changed just in that aspect, Nuland won't be able to send more assassins (for a while).

Also comparison with restarting a game is not accurate, she did not restart anything, she saved the game, installed a new instance of the game in the unknown to others location and continued the same game forward on that new instance - all she achieved is kicking out some players from it (they can access just the old instance of the game in which the magical brain bacteria is splattered by some large caliber bullet) smile

Might wanna edit that to spoiler tag. Just sayin' tongue

Spoiler

And then there is a logic issue - ok, she is dead and gone, but the rest are not. For example, even the sniper boy still wants to run around in the future, now just from two stubs instead of one smile We should assume that they all there will forget about that tech, will go back to drinking a beer on a porch? smile Also these "hacker" guys etc. etc. It would make a lot more sense to jackpot that original stub, it would solve this.

36 (edited by dominar 2022-12-05 19:27:21)

Its so ridiculous stub stub everyone's a stub...
this is why i avoid time wizards, the future guys live in a stub and keep on stubbing because of the interventions.
Its so strange to me that they can get support everywhere...and the hacking, so sad
Edit: Watched till the end, pointlessness is the theme of the series

"Au naturel maybe, thats the way i like it. Swing low, sweet chariots." Creed Bratton