Re: Wednesday

nightcrow wrote:

I think I will subscribe to The Daily Wire for some regular content…. Once they start producing it that is. I am not sure what they currently have, but I pray that it will be an escape from the Netflix’s and Disney+’s of the world.

There are plenty of good shows out there which do not aggressively push the woke/left-libertarian political message. Just avoid (most) shows Netflix and Disney. Easy.

Some I enjoyed this year (even if the show is from 2021):
- Dr Death
- Dopesick
- Let the right one in
- The Old Man
- The Terminal List
- Reacher
- Better Call Saul S6
- Severance (even though, not my thing.... no too much on the nose political BS)
- Guillermo del Toros Cabinet of Curiosities

And a few more. More than I can catch up with....

27 (edited by merc 2022-11-25 09:47:27)

nightcrow wrote:
g371 wrote:

Yeah, by ep 3 we already have arrived to gender neutral toilets, mansplaining and whitewashing, Netflix is ultra woke clownade, but they are not capable to dilute the darkness of Addams family big_smile Imo, teenagers in this one are bearable - unbearable were in Resident Evil, The Walking Dead: World Beyond and alike.

Oh, wait…. I have only seen the first episode.
Do the woke start injecting their agenda in episode three? If so, thanks but no thanks. I’m out.

dont believe the guy, he is making a mountain out of a mole hill, looking for woke where there is none. This is not Supergirl-woke where you have episodes given entirely to wokiness. One of the claims is that "wolfing out" stuff pretty sure was some gay agenda barely hidden between the lines.  mad........mad interpretation. if anything it was a macho- reference but in that or subsequent eps it is the mother  not the father who is demanding  wolfing out.... This is a very nice show dont let this wacky interpretaion of g371 spoil it for you

nightcrow wrote:

Do the woke start injecting their agenda in episode three? If so, thanks but no thanks. I’m out.

Yes, they spread it out evenly, adding bits and pieces every episode big_smile

29 (edited by g371 2022-11-25 10:46:58)

merc wrote:
nightcrow wrote:
g371 wrote:

Yeah, by ep 3 we already have arrived to gender neutral toilets, mansplaining and whitewashing, Netflix is ultra woke clownade, but they are not capable to dilute the darkness of Addams family big_smile Imo, teenagers in this one are bearable - unbearable were in Resident Evil, The Walking Dead: World Beyond and alike.

dont believe the guy, he is making a mountain out of a mole hill, looking for woke where there is none. This is not Supergirl-woke where you have episodes given entirely to wokiness. One of the claims is that "wolfing out" stuff pretty sure was some gay agenda barely hidden between the lines.  mad........mad interpretation. if anything it was a macho- reference but in that or subsequent eps it is the mother  not the father who is demanding  wolfing out.... This is a very nice show dont let this wacky interpretaion of g371 spoil it for you

Buddy, I literally am getting paid for data analysis big_smile If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck. Once is a coincidence, twice can be as well, but here the whole story was constructed just right. And actually a good question is what was first - mandatory keywords and built around them or modified to add them. Absolutely without a doubt it was a conscious effort not a happy accident smile

But about the wolfing will see what will be in the next season smile

30 (edited by merc 2022-11-25 19:29:16)

I have now finished all 8 eps and a great watch it was. I hope there is no 2nd season. Some times less is more
The only thing "woke" about this show was I was not tempted to fall asleep, gripping right up to the end

31 (edited by g371 2022-11-25 19:55:48)

Sure, don't find strange how from piranhas and waterboarding her brother she jumps to caring about the climate? And a bit later is back in her character and is fishing with hand grenades? big_smile

And the best propaganda is a subtle one, which you don't notice, here it's done on a high quality level, I would do almost the same. But the fact remains, they exploited story which never had anything close to that bs. Tho, imo, did not manage to ruin it (this time).

Another idea I have - could introduce a new warning - same as there is "contains product placement", could do "contains propaganda placement" smile Because it's essentially the same thing, even the same methods and tactics smile

32 (edited by Deke Yesterday 22:08:00)

lol, I'm not even watching this show, but this thread is fascinating.

Yep, world is fascinating outside your bubble big_smile

Sigh…. You’ve all confused me now….

I avoid woke political agenda shit like the plague and now I don’t know what to do re this show. I guess I’ll watch it until the woke brings up its head.

I used to watch all marvel movies on the premiere night in the IMAX…. Now I won’t even bother downloading them via torrent. I miss the days of yore, when entertainment was entertainment.

Brothers! What we do in life...Echoes in Eternity!

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=9a35ebe93d371275706bdebcafefaa47

I finished Wednesday yesterday.  Excellent, really enjoyed it and didn't find it woke at all.

2020.  Meh.