26 (edited by merc 2022-11-11 18:47:42)

Re: Warrior Nun [Action, Fantasy, Horror/Supernatural]

so Ava is back! 2nd seasons can be difficult as expectations have been  build up what eps 1 season  2 should be and there can be an initial shock

Spoiler

. In this case I bet some expected a battle royale from where the last season ended. Only a nodding recognition is given that  Ava had her arse kicked at that event. It seems Shotgun Mary took the brunt  of that event and maybe dead. We start 2 months on

. Same  great situations and scenery.

Spoiler

oh and Ava can nearly walk on water....and I think she and Beatrice  may end up as an item...

Spoiler

oh and dont make Lilith angry

Atleast since it is Netflix we can watch as many eps as we want with no need to wait until next week!

some people complained about season 1 there was not enough action, blood and gore,

Spoiler

well eps 5 should satisfy them, I  was shocked at the meeting of the world faith leaders, that this scene was not censored, truly astonishing

27 (edited by merc 2022-11-14 13:44:02)

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/images/alba-baptista-kristina-tonteri-young-warrior-nun-s2-1668165884.jpg?crop=0.501xw:1.00xh;0.250xw,0&resize=980:*

well I have now finished  season 2 and a great season it is with lots of action and surprising turn of events. well worth the watch and far better than season 1. It lived up to the promise of season 1 and gave us more++. Hopefully there will be a season 3 if not  it ended well, but it is always a bit sad when you say goodbye to characters-actors whose exploits  you have followed

Spoiler

Adriel is a bit of an ambiguous character - he drops the hint that where he comes from is ruled by a tyrant and if he does not succeed then Ava will have to do the job.

Though I wasn't happy about how it started, overall it didn't disappoint.

29 (edited by merc 2022-11-14 20:33:11)

Tasviewer wrote:

Though I wasn't happy about how it started, overall it didn't disappoint.

I think the two seasons should have been part1 and part 2 - part 2 would not have been so powerful had part 1 been hurried or limited. Just the wait of 2 years was it didnt help matters. As I get older blood and gore & punching  on its own not so interesting without   the human interest side of things