26

Re: House of the Dragon [Game of Thrones Prequel Series]

Just this one, but it's written like a historical text rather than a novel so presumably they're having to fill in a lot of detail.

27

Re: House of the Dragon [Game of Thrones Prequel Series]

I've made this joke on the LotR thread but, seriously, "House of the Drag On" feels like a very appropriate title.
So far it felt like the trade embargo scenes in Star Wars episode I and I just cannot buy Matt Smith as anything but a good guy pretending to be a bad guy. Even in Morbius I couldn't take him seriously because he's got a certain charm that made him great as Dr. Who.

28

Re: House of the Dragon [Game of Thrones Prequel Series]

Greyhound wrote:

I've made this joke on the LotR thread but, seriously, "House of the Drag On" feels like a very appropriate title.
So far it felt like the trade embargo scenes in Star Wars episode I and I just cannot buy Matt Smith as anything but a good guy pretending to be a bad guy. Even in Morbius I couldn't take him seriously because he's got a certain charm that made him great as Dr. Who.

Interesting... I disagree with everything you wrote. big_smile

I like the cast. All of them. Hmm... I just noticed: Either I've stopped watching all low-quality shows or there aren't any really bad actors/ actresses anymore.

29

Re: House of the Dragon [Game of Thrones Prequel Series]

Well i totally agree with Greyhounds comment. Still a worthy show, the production value of everything.

"Au naturel maybe, thats the way i like it. Swing low, sweet chariots." Creed Bratton

30

Re: House of the Dragon [Game of Thrones Prequel Series]

For some reason I can't help but see a blonde Elrond (or Legolas) from LOTR every time I look at that Uncle Daemon character. Maybe its just the way his ears stick out of that blonde wig.

Brothers! What we do in life...Echoes in Eternity!


http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=9a35ebe93d371275706bdebcafefaa47

31 (edited by dominar 2022-09-03 20:24:39)

Re: House of the Dragon [Game of Thrones Prequel Series]

But but but...When casting a character like that how would you make him completely neutral?
I always expect him to do the right thing tongue

"Au naturel maybe, thats the way i like it. Swing low, sweet chariots." Creed Bratton

32 (edited by g371 2022-09-03 22:36:17)

Re: House of the Dragon [Game of Thrones Prequel Series]

nightcrow wrote:

For some reason I can't help but see a blonde Elrond (or Legolas) from LOTR every time I look at that Uncle Daemon character. Maybe its just the way his ears stick out of that blonde wig.

Yeah, I don't like the casting both of him and the king - they just don't feel tough enough for their positions, probably lied on their CVs. But will see how it will go.

33 (edited by paisley1 2022-09-05 18:05:50)

Re: House of the Dragon [Game of Thrones Prequel Series]

g371 wrote:
nightcrow wrote:

For some reason I can't help but see a blonde Elrond (or Legolas) from LOTR every time I look at that Uncle Daemon character. Maybe its just the way his ears stick out of that blonde wig.

Yeah, I don't like the casting both of him and the king - they just don't feel tough enough for their positions, probably lied on their CVs. But will see how it will go.

Well it is Game of Thrones, so you know....

Spoiler

103 was so dramatic and intense.  Really enjoying this show.

34

Re: House of the Dragon [Game of Thrones Prequel Series]

Ok, so episode 3 was terrible apart from the last ten minutes or so.

I’ll give it another episode or two then might have to drop it.

Brothers! What we do in life...Echoes in Eternity!


http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=9a35ebe93d371275706bdebcafefaa47

35 (edited by g371 2022-09-06 09:44:50)

Re: House of the Dragon [Game of Thrones Prequel Series]

I'm very far from dropping it. In worst case it has a potential of becoming a violent comedy. As I said, they are lacking a toxic masculinity, there is no chance in seven hells, that the king and the uncle can be such pussies, even

Spoiler

the crabman was not impressed, where are you, where are you, pffff, go fly your dragon bird somewhere else big_smile

Tho they must do something stupid to lose it all and align with GoT in the end. And GoT was so great not because of the story, but the cast which worked perfectly together. Here so far the princess is the only likeable-ish character, the rest are just bleak. And that Lannister groom in the last episode was an equivalent of somebody in Tinder posing with his BMW big_smile Comedy potential is there. But they also can kill them all by episode 7 and replace with a better cast, so will see.

36 (edited by merc 2022-09-06 07:52:31)

Re: House of the Dragon [Game of Thrones Prequel Series]

g371 wrote:
nightcrow wrote:

For some reason I can't help but see a blonde Elrond (or Legolas) from LOTR every time I look at that Uncle Daemon character. Maybe its just the way his ears stick out of that blonde wig.

Yeah, I don't like the casting both of him and the king - they just don't feel tough enough for their positions, probably lied on their CVs. But will see how it will go.

The king will die soon I bet leaving the princess and uncle to fight it out.

Spoiler

Remember he has the creeping disease and had to have maggots eat the dead flesh from hs hand. The princess is a strange looking woman, tiny facial features cruel mouth. I  think she has a cruel streak the way she killed that boar, stab stab stab stab stab stab stab.

37

Re: House of the Dragon [Game of Thrones Prequel Series]

merc wrote:
g371 wrote:
nightcrow wrote:

For some reason I can't help but see a blonde Elrond (or Legolas) from LOTR every time I look at that Uncle Daemon character. Maybe its just the way his ears stick out of that blonde wig.

Yeah, I don't like the casting both of him and the king - they just don't feel tough enough for their positions, probably lied on their CVs. But will see how it will go.

The king will die soon I bet leaving the princess and uncle to fight it out.

Spoiler

Remember he has the creeping disease and had to have maggots eat the dead flesh from hs hand. The princess is a strange looking woman, tiny facial features cruel mouth. I  think she has a cruel streak the way she killed that boar, stab stab stab stab stab stab stab.


Also this

38

Re: House of the Dragon [Game of Thrones Prequel Series]

eps 4 things hotting up
I am sure every one saw the sores on the kings back when he was having his conjugal rights? he aint got long.

39

Re: House of the Dragon [Game of Thrones Prequel Series]

merc wrote:

eps 4 things hotting up
I am sure every one saw the sores on the kings back when he was having his conjugal rights? he aint got long.

He's lasted 4 episode so far ...thats a pretty good run for a King in GoTs lol

40

Re: House of the Dragon [Game of Thrones Prequel Series]

Eps 4 from the UK Daily Telegraph

Spoiler

Basically, the climax of episode four goes like this. The King kicks out his brother because he wants to marry his daughter. Then he sacks his wife’s father for spying on his daughter, who’s meant to be his wife’s best friend. But his wife and his daughter are no longer best friends because his wife heard her father telling her husband that his daughter kissed his brother. And now his wife will hate his daughter because her father has sacked her father

41

Re: House of the Dragon [Game of Thrones Prequel Series]

merc wrote:

Eps 4 from the UK Daily Telegraph

Sums up nice, just missing the inbreeding episode big_smile

42

Re: House of the Dragon [Game of Thrones Prequel Series]

merc wrote:

Eps 4 from the UK Daily Telegraph

Spoiler

Basically, the climax of episode four goes like this. The King kicks out his brother because he wants to marry his daughter. Then he sacks his wife’s father for spying on his daughter, who’s meant to be his wife’s best friend. But his wife and his daughter are no longer best friends because his wife heard her father telling her husband that his daughter kissed his brother. And now his wife will hate his daughter because her father has sacked her father

lol  Pretty much.

43

Re: House of the Dragon [Game of Thrones Prequel Series]

what I just realised at some stage both the actors for Rhaenyra and Alicent Hightower are swapped out for older women,  Milly Alcock/Rhaenyra  by olivia cooke from Ready Player One

44

Re: House of the Dragon [Game of Thrones Prequel Series]

Haven't yet seen EP5 I have to say, EP4 changed my mind about the series. Yeah, not just all the fucking... wink

I did not particularly enjoyed the first three episodes and I was mildly bored in the beginning of EP4 but the developments after "the night out" started to smell of the conspiracy and scheming I expect from GOT.

So, I am actually looking forward to EP5 tonight, hoping it will progress. So, HotD moves from a *meh* to a *maybe not that bad* for me.