126 (edited by merc 2022-09-03 09:48:07)

Re: Stargirl [Action, Adventure, Crime]

mrverene wrote:

I was super bored by that premiere. You'd think they'd want to grab our attention considering what thin ice DC shows are on these days.

I think this was the calm before the storm daily life of super heroes and neighbours episode? ie the murder of ..........

Ok this is even more boring than the middle of last season. It's not up to Doom Patrol levels of boring but still.

128 (edited by merc 2022-09-12 08:51:05)

According to the podcast StarGirl Aftershow the various seasons have certain tone or inspirations

season1 - Back the to the Future
season 2 - films like Nightmare on Elms Street
season 3 - The film Knives Out

so it would be wrong to think you will be getting more of the same, just as season 2 different to season 1

The guy whoruns the podcast works on the show first/ last year in graphics this year in the writers section ( not as a writer)  so he has useful insights

LOVING the New Season, so far cool

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fe18e3ede310c4d0ddb3af64211e19ec

130 (edited by merc 2022-09-12 10:53:24)

TheFizza wrote:

Spoiler

Starman is an embarrassment isn't he? can't take him anywhere. Not the image given in season 1 eps 1 lol. I like the way all the bad people are being made to act out of ( stereotyped)  character.  a lot of it is  puke-ville but we all need to be reminded bad people are people too?

131 (edited by TheFizza 2022-09-14 04:22:07)

merc wrote:
TheFizza wrote:

Spoiler

Starman is an embarrassment isn't he? can't take him anywhere. Not the image given in season 1 eps 1 lol. I like the way all the bad people are being made to act out of ( stereotyped)  character.  a lot of it is  puke-ville but we all need to be reminded bad people are people too?

Yes the series is saccharin but we can do with a little more with the bright-side these days!

As for Starman, I have to say I find his characterization hysterical... and on the plus side there must be like 5 fans of Sylvester Pemberton (AKA Star-Spangled Kid) out there so fewer angry fans yelling nonsense out there! Personally I kind of always disliked Syl in the comics, so this was some fun stuff. I wonder if we'll ever get the real STARMEN on this series. They mentioned Ted in season one but I would love some Jack Knight on the show.

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fe18e3ede310c4d0ddb3af64211e19ec

eps 3

Spoiler

it was  fun seeing  Starman go beserk. And Pat Dugan having to put him in his place he is NOT Starmans sidekick any more.

real trouble ahead

Spoiler

? courtney and cameron finally kiss ( sort of , this is a family show) and he makes it snow. will be interresting to see what happens when he finds out she killed his dad. so Shiv is turning into her dad scaly and all? Also looks like yolanda/wild cat is soon to leave the show as her dad is out of work and her home is being put up for sale