101

Re: Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (May 05, 2022)

I found this to be sooo disappointing! Poor writing, poor acting and soooo BORING! I couldn't finish it  every episode I found my self so bored and leaving the room to do other things or falling asleep. Finally gave up at episode 5. So far I only like the Discovery. I so wanted to love this. I love Anson but this was just awful!

102

Re: Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (May 05, 2022)

inkblot wrote:
scushman wrote:

I found this to be sooo disappointing! Poor writing, poor acting and soooo BORING! I couldn't finish it  every episode I found my self so bored and leaving the room to do other things or falling asleep. Finally gave up at episode 5. So far I only like the Discovery. I so wanted to love this. I love Anson but this was just awful!

Sorry to loose ya. But why watch something you don't like?

Don't worry, I don't get it either, if I can't find some new shows I don't like I just re-watch older shows that I loved and haven't watched in a while. At the moment my filler show is Lucifer which I watch when there aren't new episodes of a show. I don't waste my time watching shows I dislike.
Yes, I've had shows that overall I liked but they had a few dud episodes.

103

Re: Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (May 05, 2022)

What i dont get is how the same showrunner can make this show watchable, compared to picard and discovery which is utter garbage.

104

Re: Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (May 05, 2022)

Tasviewer wrote:
inkblot wrote:
scushman wrote:

I found this to be sooo disappointing! Poor writing, poor acting and soooo BORING! I couldn't finish it  every episode I found my self so bored and leaving the room to do other things or falling asleep. Finally gave up at episode 5. So far I only like the Discovery. I so wanted to love this. I love Anson but this was just awful!

Sorry to loose ya. But why watch something you don't like?

Don't worry, I don't get it either, if I can't find some new shows I don't like I just re-watch older shows that I loved and haven't watched in a while. At the moment my filler show is Lucifer which I watch when there aren't new episodes of a show. I don't waste my time watching shows I dislike.
Yes, I've had shows that overall I liked but they had a few dud episodes.

I have been rewatching Stargate SG1. Now that ancient show had some thing this worn out Star Trek lacks

105

Re: Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (May 05, 2022)

I quite enjoyed the whole series, it reminds me of the days when Star Trek was actually good.
Looking forward to Season 2

106 (edited by Tasviewer 2022-07-10 09:18:50)

Re: Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (May 05, 2022)

merc wrote:
Tasviewer wrote:
inkblot wrote:
scushman wrote:

I found this to be sooo disappointing! Poor writing, poor acting and soooo BORING! I couldn't finish it  every episode I found my self so bored and leaving the room to do other things or falling asleep. Finally gave up at episode 5. So far I only like the Discovery. I so wanted to love this. I love Anson but this was just awful!

Sorry to loose ya. But why watch something you don't like?

Don't worry, I don't get it either, if I can't find some new shows I don't like I just re-watch older shows that I loved and haven't watched in a while. At the moment my filler show is Lucifer which I watch when there aren't new episodes of a show. I don't waste my time watching shows I dislike.
Yes, I've had shows that overall I liked but they had a few dud episodes.

I have been rewatching Stargate SG1. Now that ancient show had some thing this worn out Star Trek lacks

We'll have to agree to disagree with you on this show but I will agree on one thing, Stargate SG1 was a great show wink

107 (edited by TheFizza 2022-07-13 10:19:57)

Re: Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (May 05, 2022)

Tasviewer wrote:

We'll have to agree to disagree with you on this show but I will agree on one thing, Stargate SG1 was a great show wink

I was never a fan of SG1, felt to me like a not-so-good TOS until it felt like a not-so-good DS9... however I absolutely loved SG: Atlantis and SGU. Gosh, I miss those shows hmm

There's a franchise/IP that someone should start milking while those of us who still remember it are still kickin' around.

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fe18e3ede310c4d0ddb3af64211e19ec

108 (edited by merc 2022-07-13 11:38:33)

Re: Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (May 05, 2022)

TheFizza wrote:
Tasviewer wrote:

We'll have to agree to disagree with you on this show but I will agree on one thing, Stargate SG1 was a great show wink

I was never a fan of SG1, felt to me like a not-so-good TOS until it felt like a not-so-good DS9... however I absolutely loved SG: Atlantis and SGU. Gosh, I miss those shows hmm

There's a franchise/IP that someone should start milking while those of us who still remember it are still kickin' around.

SGU? was a copout - hacknied journey to no where to attach a few story lines together. We never found out  what was the deep truth hidden in the fabric of the universe that the ship was designed to investigate. STA yes except for that Major/Lt. Colonel John Sheppard  who always introduced him self to aliens as "I am Major/Lt. Colonel John Sheppard" , as if that would mean some to them duh. He came across as some one with a small **** over compensating for it. Atleast it had a proper ending that SU did not have. Dont know why you dont rate SG1 as it introduced new ideas & universe with good chemistry in the team. Amanda Tapping went on to other good shows, she is also behind the Fort Salem show

Star Trek Strange New worlds is eqivalent to SGU. The end of the road as far as I am concerned. depleted. RIP

109

Re: Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (May 05, 2022)

I loved this show very much.

It has quite some feel from the original series and it seems to shy away from wokeness that plagued Discovery in later seasons (season 1 was awesome!!) ...that is; unless nbr 1 turns out to be ....u know..

merc has a point imho; about the storyline...which is somewhat lacking...but as for the age-questions I feel you are WAY off. I mean; if Scotty returns in Strange New Worlds as a 80yr old dude, then something is wrong. But Pike has "the right age" for the series and to "put him off" only because he's "trying to hard considering the actors age" seems a bit random to me and perhaps points to you not liking the actor as much.

As for Scotty: Simon Pegg or Paul McGillion (if they can due to "age-constrictions") - or someone completely unknown would also be fine by me...as long as he would do a good job smile

REALLY looking fwd to next season! smile

110 (edited by paisley1 2022-08-27 19:55:57)

Re: Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (May 05, 2022)

Moze wrote:

What i dont get is how the same showrunner can make this show watchable, compared to picard and discovery which is utter garbage.

So true, Moze.

108, so good.  lol lol lol Nebula Debra lol lol lol Bahahahaha!  My kind of Trek.  Want more of those eps.

Finally got around to finishing this, and as always, it was only 16 episodes shy of a full season of Star Trek. #Not_Enough.

26 episodes in Season 1 of Star Trek:TNG



TL;DR Full Thoughts on ST:SNW's

I like the high production quality, the serialized story, the tight editing and how it's more like normal Star Trek than Picard/Discovery, however, I do miss the days of staple procedural Star Trek.  When Trek was on broadcast TV there were sooo many episodes, and it felt like it was treated by the industry like a central hub for everyone in television; a playground for many writers to try out new and original ideas nobody had ever thought of, and used as an opportunity for up and coming actors to hone their abilities and engage and learn from special guest stars who were often established actors; one great big community and family where opposing sides/views/ideas were safe to mingle and mix and be, and this series felt more like that, than the other divisive series that took sides and polarized the audience. However, several of these episodes were unoriginal and were done before and better, like the comet episode, and, Alien??...seriously?...so over done.  I loved this season but it was unfulfilled, when it was just getting started, they stopped.  I hate how TV has been splintered.

*I knew nothing of Illyrian's before this because they weren't in TNG, Voy, DS9, to my knowledge.  I had to look it up, because I thought they were saying El-Aurian, lolz.