Re: Ms. Marvel

an interview with Ms Marvel her self
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/newsbeat-61828735

merc wrote:

still too much faffing around. and her super powers are BORING. And the bollywood music/dancing scene no thanks - confused focus

The whole thing comes across as sooo desperate to reach out to Muslims and that Bollywood dance routine at the wedding was the final straw for me.  Even my wife commented, and she was the one who made us watch another couple of episodes after the first one.

The scenes with the djin (I want to say "fight" scenes but fight is too strong a word) were just so badly done.  Such a weak storyline and...

No, just no.

2020.  Meh.

Like always, I skipped forward through the dancing. If I wanted to watch people dance I'd go watch the tictacs.

Well, at least they are accurate (to include the jinn):

[...] Across the Middle Eastern and North African nations surveyed, belief in jinn ranges from 86% in Morocco to 55% in Iraq. [...]

https://www.pewresearch.org/religion/20 … practices/

When I first read about wide-spread Muslim jinn belief years ago, I couldn't believe it!

But then forty percent of U.S. adults ascribe to a strictly creationist view of human origins, believing that God created them in their present form within roughly the past 10,000 years.

Well they are in the Quran, so it'd be analogous to Christians believing in demons.

mrverene wrote:

Well they are in the Quran, so it'd be analogous to Christians believing in demons.

Yeah, and quite a few seems to do, but I wasn't able to find current numbers.

Religions are strange. cool

lighton wrote:
mrverene wrote:

Yeah, and quite a few seems to do, but I wasn't able to find current numbers.

Religions are strange. cool

And this weeks "Captain Blooming Obvious Award" goes to...

2020.  Meh.

58 (edited by merc 2022-06-23 18:57:00)

what I find so objectionable about this show  5 minutes are wasted on closing credits , fine if this was a Marvel film but not a tv show. Compare, Stargirl Season 2 last eps just 20 or so SECONDS.

Oh by the way the new speak is "British occupied India" rather than "British India" not as if India was ever ruled by the "Indians" but part of the Mughal empire for centuries, the British just replaced them, so USA must now be called "European Occupied America" All  you lot go home to Europe where you belong & leave America to the indigenous peoples! You have overstayed your welcome!!!!!

59 (edited by merc 2022-07-01 07:53:46)

I am starting to enjoy this show. just forget it is supposed to be Marvel superheror. Oh eps 4 is Marvels superhero version of James Bond - subtitle it Kamala Bond, shaken not stirred. eps 4 very atmospheric.