1

Topic: Shoresy

So what are we thinking of the new Letterkenney spin-off, Shoresy?

I'm not a huge fan of Letterkenney.  I mean, it has it's moments, some of it I do laugh out loud to, but it's rare.  I think the main issue is that there's alot of it I just don't get.  One of those bits are the ice hockey bits, and Shoresy is all ice hockey bits.  So...  I've watched the first two eps and I'm not sure this is one for me.

2020.  Meh.

2

Re: Shoresy

Yeah I can understand if the hockey parts of Letterkenny weren't your favourite then this isn't going to be up your alley.
It does help knowing the sport too for some of the references (it's the only sport I watch nowadays)
For me this is great, everything I'd hoped for and more.
It remeinds me of the earlier Letterkenny episodes as it has me belly laughing so hard so often.

3

Re: Shoresy

They were pretty good but I'd already seen the funnier bits in the promos.

4

Re: Shoresy

"For What?"

5

Re: Shoresy

I didn't remember the line, fortunately i still had a UPS of the script to search through.

6

Re: Shoresy

Shut up, Sanguinet!

7

Re: Shoresy

The fat names had me rolling.

Spoiler

Plus it was nice to see Scott Thompson in something actually funny after watching the new Kids in the Hall season earlier in the week.

8

Re: Shoresy

Spoiler

"Hitch you're such a beauty, I sometimes forget what an odd-looking east-coast cunt you are"

I can't get enough of this, haha!

9

Re: Shoresy

Deke wrote:
Spoiler

"Hitch you're such a beauty, I sometimes forget what an odd-looking east-coast cunt you are"

I can't get enough of this, haha!

I've had enough of this, haha!

2020.  Meh.

10

Re: Shoresy

graybags wrote:
Deke wrote:
Spoiler

"Hitch you're such a beauty, I sometimes forget what an odd-looking east-coast cunt you are"

I can't get enough of this, haha!

I've had enough of this, haha!

Bye then, haha!

11

Re: Shoresy

Deke wrote:
graybags wrote:
Deke wrote:
Spoiler

"Hitch you're such a beauty, I sometimes forget what an odd-looking east-coast cunt you are"

I can't get enough of this, haha!

I've had enough of this, haha!

Bye then, haha!


Well served.

12

Re: Shoresy

bvereshagen wrote:
Deke wrote:
graybags wrote:
Deke wrote:
Spoiler

"Hitch you're such a beauty, I sometimes forget what an odd-looking east-coast cunt you are"

I can't get enough of this, haha!

I've had enough of this, haha!

Bye then, haha!


Well served.

What is this, tennis?

2020.  Meh.

13

Re: Shoresy

graybags wrote:
bvereshagen wrote:
Deke wrote:
graybags wrote:

I've had enough of this, haha!

Bye then, haha!


Well served.

What is this, tennis?

Chirps (like tennis balls) are served. A short series of volleys seems to have ensued in this case.

14

Re: Shoresy

bvereshagen wrote:
graybags wrote:
bvereshagen wrote:
Deke wrote:

Bye then, haha!


Well served.

What is this, tennis?

Chirps (like tennis balls) are served. A short series of volleys seems to have ensued in this case.

What the hell is a "chirp"?  I call a chirp a noise that a bird makes.

2020.  Meh.

15

Re: Shoresy

graybags wrote:
bvereshagen wrote:
graybags wrote:
bvereshagen wrote:

Well served.

What is this, tennis?

Chirps (like tennis balls) are served. A short series of volleys seems to have ensued in this case.

What the hell is a "chirp"?  I call a chirp a noise that a bird makes.

Settle down

16

Re: Shoresy

Deke wrote:
graybags wrote:
bvereshagen wrote:
graybags wrote:

What is this, tennis?

Chirps (like tennis balls) are served. A short series of volleys seems to have ensued in this case.

What the hell is a "chirp"?  I call a chirp a noise that a bird makes.

Settle down

It was a genuine question, I have no idea what "chirps are served" means.

2020.  Meh.

17

Re: Shoresy

Chirping is the trash talking Shoresy and other players do during the games. Riley and Jonesy on Letterkenny use the term all the time.

18

Re: Shoresy

mrverene wrote:

Chirping is the trash talking Shoresy and other players do during the games. Riley and Jonesy on Letterkenny use the term all the time.

That explains it!  So much of it is wasted on me.

2020.  Meh.

19

Re: Shoresy

graybags wrote:
mrverene wrote:

Chirping is the trash talking Shoresy and other players do during the games. Riley and Jonesy on Letterkenny use the term all the time.

That explains it!  So much of it is wasted on me.

Most of the references and "in jokes" are derived from Canadian popular culture, particularly rural and hockey culture.  I sm a maple leaf redneck who grew up around this stuff so I find the show extremely clever and funny. If you are from elsewhere most of it would likely seem like gibberish.

20

Re: Shoresy

So disapointed there's only 6 episodes, I've already rewatched them 3 times, what am I going to do!
I hope to gawd they renew it.

21

Re: Shoresy

IGN review:-

Verdict
Shoresy is an unexpectedly wholesome hockey comedy that makes Letterkenny proud. Jared Keeso understands why one might be hesitant about an entire series dedicated to an antagonist known for toilet conversations and scored-earth mockery. None of that is what Shoresy is about, nor preaches. Give yer expectations a tug if you're already writing this show off as crude, callous violence. Keeso and company accomplish more character development in six episodes than many American sitcoms that run two seasons do before cancellation. It's hilarious, hard-hitting, and hooks its audience with almost no effort. After this first batch of episodes, Letterkenny fans will be raising #69 in the rafters.