26 (edited by paisley1 2022-04-17 04:17:20)

Re: Moon Knight [Drama, Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror]

mrverene wrote:

I was thinking about your commentary being colorful more than your wardrobe or your vibration but sure. And Terry and Laurie's metaphysics fits right in with the all-white besuited Moon Knight being just terrible.

We're so lost in translation, I can't even unpack then repack the loss, suffice it to say, yes, Don, Terry, and Laurie would all have problems with Moon Knights outfit! lol lol lol

Exhibit A:
https://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/516/189/cherry-roses_original.jpg?1290311779

He's dressed like a proper fancy drunk. lol  Like Moon Knights stylish great great uncle.

I just wanted a color commentator and thought i remembered you being canadian so i went with cherry instead of the >9000 american ones i could've picked from. the colorful suit vs moon knight thing is just a serendipitous quirk.

28 (edited by paisley1 2022-04-21 00:29:51)

104....uhhhhhh, what the crap....???  That was so weird.

Spoiler

https://decider.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/MOON-KNIGHT-104-06-1-1.gif?w=618 

Thoughts on this picture...

The music and the pacing really bother me, but I guess I'm a glutton for punishment because I still want to know what happens. lolz.

Yeah, I only "like" the show now, but ...

Spoiler

... the psych ward part of 1x4 was a fun idea! smile

1x5. That was quite complex for a TV show episode! cool

31 (edited by paisley1 2022-04-27 20:40:19)

Ya, 105, really intricate and complex what's being said and how they connected and fused psychology and egyptology in that....

Spoiler

...the egyptology is used as a setting for the process of overcoming multiple personality disorder when Steven accidentally sacrificed himself (*as though he was real in the afterlife, lolz, so far fetched, I digress...) to protect Mark yet again, not just from a painful past, but from his own unbalanced scales of justice.  This is another episode where there's a lot going on, almost too much, and it's quite heady to unpack, especially for a Marvel show, lolz. wink

*If Steven is just a thought form, he wouldn't exist in the afterlife and wouldn't be able to help him, and there's no good reason why another personality can't spring up at the next traumatic event for Mark, which is why this episode is dumb.

paisley1 wrote:
Spoiler

...the egyptology is used as a setting for the process of overcoming multiple personality disorder when Steven sacrificed himself (as though he was real in the afterlife, lolz, so far fetched, I digress...) to protect Mark yet again, not just from a painful past, but from his own unbalanced scales of justice.  There's yet again, a lot going on in this episode, and it's quite heady to unpack, especially for a Marvel show, lolz. wink

Spoiler

Hehe, I mostly agree, but I wouldn't call "Falling overboard and trying to get back to the ship" "Steven sacrificed himself". wink More like Mark hesitantly giving up the temporary construction site to enjoy the new building... metaphorically, of course. cool

I bet there are plenty of "WTF did I just watch!?" viewers now. big_smile

33 (edited by paisley1 2022-04-27 20:45:12)

lighton wrote:
paisley1 wrote:
Spoiler

...the egyptology is used as a setting for the process of overcoming multiple personality disorder when Steven sacrificed himself (as though he was real in the afterlife, lolz, so far fetched, I digress...) to protect Mark yet again, not just from a painful past, but from his own unbalanced scales of justice.  There's yet again, a lot going on in this episode, and it's quite heady to unpack, especially for a Marvel show, lolz. wink

Spoiler

Hehe, I mostly agree, but I wouldn't call "Falling overboard and trying to get back to the ship" "Steven sacrificed himself". wink More like Mark hesitantly giving up the temporary construction site to enjoy the new building... metaphorically, of course. cool

I bet there are plenty of "WTF did I just watch!?" viewers now. big_smile

Good point...

Spoiler

...but Steven choosing to help Mark carries with it the potential risk of sacrifice even if it was accidental.  I guess the point is better said in that, Steven's death frees Mark, mentally, physically, and spiritually.

In my last post I also added:  *If Steven is just a thought form, he wouldn't exist in the afterlife and wouldn't be able to help him, and there's no good reason why another personality can't spring up at the next traumatic event for Mark, which is why this episode is dumb.

smile

lighton wrote:

smile

smile

36 (edited by TheFizza 2022-05-24 04:53:27)

I was really very happy with that last Ep... it really made the whole series fit together however the pacing for the series as a whole was a rather weak.

Funny enough, after wishing more MCU flicks were a mini-series, to give us more depth and a more cogent story, now I wish THIS particular mini-series had been cut into a 3 hour movie because it probably would have flowed better that way. I think the problem was us fans never made it clear to MARVEL that mini-series are way more fun when you know the characters a bit...

Had Moon Knight been an established MCU character with this as his solo outing (like with most of the previous MCU minis) this might have been something I was more excited for, even when the episodes were iffy, but really it was a struggle to make it through some of those Eps (especially the early ones).

That being as it is, in the end I did enjoy the destination this series took us to and am interested in seeing more... mainly of the Scarlet Scarab (Layla El-Faouly), sure but I'm sure Moon Knight won't be far behind her wink

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fe18e3ede310c4d0ddb3af64211e19ec

1x6 season finale. I loved the post-credits scene! smile Which brings us to...

Is 'Moon Knight' Season 2 Happening? Why Fans Think Series Has Been Renewed
https://www.newsweek.com/moon-knight-se … us-1702830

38 (edited by paisley1 2022-05-07 16:50:28)

...with 106 I kinda called it [the end] in my previous spoiler, sooo.....pretty dumb.

@theFizza Who knows if a Moon Knight movie series would have fixed the pacing problems.  I liked the first 2 episodes way more than the last 4, as it went through too much plot too quickly to enjoy it, and the end I had predicted, which gets an eyeroll roll because it's just dumb. The show seemed rushed.  Could be covid. Who knows.  I always complain about not enough episodes and this could've easily been 10 episodes, slowed down and fleshed out more.  Excellent acting though.

I stopped watching this show half way through Episode 4.
This might be the most boring poiece of the MCU I ever attempted to watch...