26

Re: Titans

I love HATE WATCHING this terrible series... it's like having my very own HDTGM movies to laugh and yell at cool

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fe18e3ede310c4d0ddb3af64211e19ec

27

Re: Titans

TheFizza wrote:

I love HATE WATCHING this terrible series... it's like having my very own HDTGM movies to laugh and yell at cool

Same with Doom Patrol.

28 (edited by TheFizza 2021-11-17 05:25:18)

Re: Titans

inkblot wrote:
TheFizza wrote:

I love HATE WATCHING this terrible series... it's like having my very own HDTGM movies to laugh and yell at cool

Same with Doom Patrol.

Right, but they're more brechtian and generally more absurdist energy... which makes it more along the line of an HDTGM flick that's inclusion might be contested (by Jason) like Face Off because the audience is completely transported into that mad world whereas TITANS, while still getting a recommendation to watch from HDTGMers, has more the Punisher: War Zone vibe... if that makes any sense, inkblot?!

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fe18e3ede310c4d0ddb3af64211e19ec

29

Re: Titans

TheFizza wrote:
inkblot wrote:
TheFizza wrote:

I love HATE WATCHING this terrible series... it's like having my very own HDTGM movies to laugh and yell at cool

Same with Doom Patrol.

Right, but they're more brechtian and generally more absurdist energy... which makes it more along the line of an HDTGM flick that's inclusion might be contested (by Jason) like Face Off because the audience is completely transported into that mad world whereas TITANS, while still getting a recommendation to watch from HDTGMers, has more the Punisher: War Zone vibe... if that makes any sense, inkblot?!

I do not delve that deep into stuff I watch. I watch both. And Titans and Doom Patrol seem to have more off beat episodes than good episodes. Thats when Mr. Joint helps out. And I do not watch anything because some site or video told me to. I ran into those 2 shows like I do with anything. I catch a glimpse and then depending on how far behind I am I get the rest and catch up.

This is simple entertainment. Nothing complicated.

I do not analyze why I prefer vanilla over chocolate ice-cream. I simply know what I do or do not like. Life is way to short for a deep dive on this subject.

30

Re: Titans

inkblot wrote:
TheFizza wrote:
inkblot wrote:
TheFizza wrote:

I love HATE WATCHING this terrible series... it's like having my very own HDTGM movies to laugh and yell at cool

Same with Doom Patrol.

Right, but they're more brechtian and generally more absurdist energy... which makes it more along the line of an HDTGM flick that's inclusion might be contested (by Jason) like Face Off because the audience is completely transported into that mad world whereas TITANS, while still getting a recommendation to watch from HDTGMers, has more the Punisher: War Zone vibe... if that makes any sense, inkblot?!

I do not delve that deep into stuff I watch. I watch both. And Titans and Doom Patrol seem to have more off beat episodes than good episodes. Thats when Mr. Joint helps out. And I do not watch anything because some site or video told me to. I ran into those 2 shows like I do with anything. I catch a glimpse and then depending on how far behind I am I get the rest and catch up.

This is simple entertainment. Nothing complicated.

I do not analyze why I prefer vanilla over chocolate ice-cream. I simply know what I do or do not like. Life is way to short for a deep dive on this subject.


Totally agree with you, Inkblot, but we are the minority here. 

I've often felt that here in these forums, if you don't like something and say so, it's not good enough to just have an opinion and voice it, you have to post an entire thesis why, otherwise you are just wrong.

2020.  Meh.

31

Re: Titans

graybags wrote:

I've often felt that here in these forums, if you don't like something and say so, it's not good enough to just have an opinion and voice it, you have to post an entire thesis why, otherwise you are just wrong.

Of course one can comment "This show sucks", but it's more helpful to write something like "I dislike show X because the acting feels off and the special effects look way too cheap."

No thesis required. cool

32

Re: Titans

I have only watched a few eps of Doom at the moment but with Titans  seems decent harmless unpretentious comic book fun, no social commentary desperate for LBGQT+ audiences. Same with Stargirl. Brec Bassinger hoped there would be a crossover with Supergirl, thank god that will never happen.

33

Re: Titans

graybags wrote:
inkblot wrote:
TheFizza wrote:
inkblot wrote:

Same with Doom Patrol.

Right, but they're more brechtian and generally more absurdist energy... which makes it more along the line of an HDTGM flick that's inclusion might be contested (by Jason) like Face Off because the audience is completely transported into that mad world whereas TITANS, while still getting a recommendation to watch from HDTGMers, has more the Punisher: War Zone vibe... if that makes any sense, inkblot?!

I do not delve that deep into stuff I watch. I watch both. And Titans and Doom Patrol seem to have more off beat episodes than good episodes. Thats when Mr. Joint helps out. And I do not watch anything because some site or video told me to. I ran into those 2 shows like I do with anything. I catch a glimpse and then depending on how far behind I am I get the rest and catch up.

This is simple entertainment. Nothing complicated.

I do not analyze why I prefer vanilla over chocolate ice-cream. I simply know what I do or do not like. Life is way to short for a deep dive on this subject.


Totally agree with you, Inkblot, but we are the minority here. 

I've often felt that here in these forums, if you don't like something and say so, it's not good enough to just have an opinion and voice it, you have to post an entire thesis why, otherwise you are just wrong.

Be thankful for the variety, otherwise things would be boring. I find it very interesting that 100 people can see the same show, movie etc. But each one has a different perception of it. Or it means something totally different to them. But glad to know that I do not think alone smile

34 (edited by TheFizza 2021-11-18 04:16:27)

Re: Titans

inkblot wrote:

Be thankful for the variety, otherwise things would be boring. I find it very interesting that 100 people can see the same show, movie etc. But each one has a different perception of it. Or it means something totally different to them. But glad to know that I do not think alone smile

Well put inkblot cool

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fe18e3ede310c4d0ddb3af64211e19ec