26 (edited by lighton 2021-01-10 09:52:14)

Re: The Outpost

Oh, man!  When I was trying to find something to watch on Prime there was a movie called Miracle Maker.  Good ratings, and in the previews I saw Munt... you know, the guy that plays Munt in the Outpost and so I watched it and one of the main characters, if not the main character, was the guy that plays Garrett Spears!

It was a good movie.

A few things about this show. I thought the first series was really shockingly bad, poor acting, low quality script, plastic sound stages. I'm not sure what most amazed me most, that it got a 2nd season or that I watched the whole of season 1.

It's got better since then with more location shooting, the writers have either got better or been replaced and the budget has gone up. Jess Green's acting which was quite atrocious in season 1 has improved a lot but she still needs some work. The others have picked up too. Better scripting has helped I expect.

Season 3 the best so far. More direction in the plotting.

I don't watch trailers. I never have and I never will.
I don't like Tom Cruise, James Cameron and there's lots more to add, give me time
I don't like Star Wars or Star Trek or any superhero *hit

Its rare these days for a show that started poorly to evolve a but and improve. Outpost certainly did that, as have many past shows.

I totally agree that the show started out cheesy but I was really liking the storyline and the hot lead character also helped. Did you know she does all or most of her own stunts. The show definitely improves season to season.. Someone mentioned the show Cursed and I thought it was ok and could have done a lot more instead of taking its sweet time. Is it renewed? I wish they would have continued the show Camelot.. great actors and storyline but just bam canceled ? someone also mentioned Pandora and I watched that show too and it could be better if they would organize what direction they are going with it. Its more of a teen show imo . Not that I am against teen shows cuz as corny as Merlin was I binge watched the crap out of that. although it had a very anticlimactic ending. ughh ..

Do I need to start at S1 to understand what's going on?

chicabonita wrote:

Someone mentioned the show Cursed and I thought it was ok and could have done a lot more instead of taking its sweet time. Is it renewed?

Off-topic here (so don't let us start a big discussion about it), but https://www.tvshowsace.com/2021/02/15/c … ed-netflix

32 (edited by lighton 2021-03-07 19:12:48)

lighton wrote:
chicabonita wrote:

Someone mentioned the show Cursed and I thought it was ok and could have done a lot more instead of taking its sweet time. Is it renewed?

Off-topic here (so don't let us start a big discussion about it), but https://www.tvshowsace.com/2021/02/15/c … ed-netflix

Thank you and I guess I could've googled it too... Did I break a rule or something .. sorry if I did .. that was the first time I have ever commented in the forums... or do you literally mean let's not start reviewing cursed in here?... if so I gotcha...

chicabonita wrote:

or do you literally mean let's not start reviewing cursed in here?... if so I gotcha...

Yes, that. smile

Also, I would appreciate it if you'd reply under a post that you quote, that makes it less messy if someone then quotes what you wrote and what you quoted. cool I edited your post.

proteinnerd wrote:

Do I need to start at S1 to understand what's going on?

It would be wise to start at season 1.. IMO if I am going to start watching a show I start with the pilot.. Outpost is a show I started watching because I had nothing else to watch at the time.. I think only season 1 had aired but anyway there are a lot of other shows I find more exciting. It grows on you and was also refreshing to be able to watch something that didn't start getting political or address some other big issues that were going on in the world.I also just love looking at Jessicas eyes lol And I am not even lesbian. oh no I hope I didn't offend someone or use the incorrect term ... smilehttps://i.imgur.com/yWywjrk.jpg

Another show canceled just as it was getting good.

Tasviewer wrote:

Agrees, I was really enjoying The Outpost :-(

Love and Sunshine big_smile

Tasviewer wrote:

Eh?  What?  Has The Outpost been cancelled?

2020.  Meh.

graybags wrote:
Tasviewer wrote:

Not according to https://deadline.com/2020/10/the-outpos … 234592256/:

The CW has picked up an additional 13 episodes of fantasy-adventure series The Outpost ahead of the launch of its third season.

I'll let santah know.

lighton wrote:
graybags wrote:
Tasviewer wrote:

Not according to https://deadline.com/2020/10/the-outpos … 234592256/:

The CW has picked up an additional 13 episodes of fantasy-adventure series The Outpost ahead of the launch of its third season.

I'll let santah know.

Cool, I was just going by the NE notification.

40 (edited by merc_1 2021-05-15 14:14:17)

yes it seems the 4th season starts soon, Jul 16th according to this site?. I will miss the posh queen

Stoked! The Outpost resurrected :-) Thank you for the post

so season 4 has just started and the first eps promises more bad guys, some really ugly mean looking so and sos

shame no more as  others have said it started to develop a mythology and was fun. Does it mean only the CW wont be picking it up as I understood it was meant for world wide distribution and seemed to have had lots of support from the Serbian authorities as it gave quite a few jobs to Serb actors?

44 (edited by merc 2021-10-09 17:56:21)

So the series ends with a cracking episode 13. What started as another olden day romp in the the end produced an interesting mythology and very attactive endearing characters. In the end it was worth persevering in watching.  I am sure I am not the only one that will miss Janzo. I have been watching "The Great" and there is another Janzo type character there - Count Orlo. For a moment I thought it was the same actor but no.

merc wrote:

So the series ends with a cracking episode 13. What started as another olden day romp in the the end produced an interesting mythology and very attactive endearing characters. In the end it was worth persevering in watching.  I am sure I am not the only one that will miss Janzo. I have been watching "The Great" and there is another Janzo type character there - Count Orlo. For a moment I thought it was the same actor but no.

+1

A good end to the series.

I liked season 1-3 but disliked season 4, great ending in season 4 though. The show is a bit cheesy obviously but a great mix of storylines that took turns you didn't expect, it's worth watching for that reason alone.

Kanga wrote:

I liked season 1-3 but disliked season 4, great ending in season 4 though. The show is a bit cheesy obviously but a great mix of storylines that took turns you didn't expect, it's worth watching for that reason alone.

the unexpected thing about season 4 it explained where the kinjes came from. I am sorry it is all over unlike some shows I have seen ( game  o t)

merc wrote:

I really enjoyed seasons 1-4. I have to agree the last episode was truly and awesome ending.