1 (edited by merc_1 2021-05-14 12:54:09)

Topic: Superman & Lois

https://static.next-episode.net/tv-shows-images/huge/superman-and-lois.jpg

Superman & Lois follows the world's most famous superhero and comic books' most famous journalist, as they deal with all the stress, pressures and complexities that come with being working parents in today's society.

https://next-episode.net/superman-and-lois

Any one watching this?

Seems a dull show nothing really happens or if it does  almost as a by the way; too slow for me. A shame as the guy who plays superman did a pretty good job in Supergirl and deserved a spin off

Re: Superman & Lois

Not watching it, trailer didn't do it for me.

I pretty much gave up on CW shows, I was disappointed too often...

I'm watching it.  I find it entertaining enough, but then I am a superhero fan (especially DC) from way back.

So far it's nothing special, more CW drama than superheroes.

Its Smallville what... 9.0 now? This time with more reused plot particular to Smallville 1.0 rather than just the usual who-gets-to-go-into-danger and OMG-lying-is-bad plots all the other CW iterations use over and over. That said, it's not as painful as Legends or Flash or Supergirl. At least not yet.

5 (edited by merc_1 2021-05-14 21:55:11)

mrverene wrote:

Its Smallville what... 9.0 now? This time with more reused plot particular to Smallville 1.0 rather than just the usual who-gets-to-go-into-danger and OMG-lying-is-bad plots all the other CW iterations use over and over. That said, it's not as painful as Legends or Flash or Supergirl. At least not yet.

oh Legends is maybe the best of the lot as it dont take its self too seriously these days, unlike the first  2 seasons of it

Phenjamin wrote:

I'm watching it.  I find it entertaining enough, but then I am a superhero fan (especially DC) from way back.

So far it's nothing special, more CW drama than superheroes.

I am a huge superhero fan

I am watching it however, I am struggling to not fall asleep somewhere it has lost the action of Superman with all the drama of dialogue of family life. I hope they give it another season as the actor who plays Superman in Supergirl nails the character he deserves a spin off.

Love and Sunshine big_smile

As iconic as the whole Superman and Lois thing is in DC canon, it's unfortunate when every second episode a new character is introduced and politically designed to meet the requirements of left wing ultra inclusive programming directors. Characters that typically don't or didn't ever exist in the original comic book canon.

I am also not happy with a hand ful of episodes followed by a mid-season break that runs for a month. Very poor form.

I am happy to suffer through the bastardisation of the sci-fi and super hero offerings that are currently out there, as there is so little else of interest. So far Disney+'s offerings have been quality. Something CW/DC need to look at for longevity of their brand.

If DC actually produced graphic novels based on the TV series, they flat out wouldn't sell. In contrast the only reason the TV series hasn't failed is because of the plethora of TV series out there that are worse.

merc_1 wrote:

oh Legends is maybe the best of the lot as it dont take its self too seriously these days, unlike the first  2 seasons of it

That's what's making it the most painful for me. Personal preference but I'll take poorly written melodrama over poorly written camp any day. But if you like it you might be in luck as both Supergirl and Flash have already had their own time travel pseudo-comedies this season.

warpsix wrote:

As iconic as the whole Superman and Lois thing is in DC canon, it's unfortunate when every second episode a new character is introduced and politically designed to meet the requirements of left wing ultra inclusive programming directors. Characters that typically don't or didn't ever exist in the original comic book canon.

I am also not happy with a hand ful of episodes followed by a mid-season break that runs for a month. Very poor form.

I am happy to suffer through the bastardisation of the sci-fi and super hero offerings that are currently out there, as there is so little else of interest. So far Disney+'s offerings have been quality. Something CW/DC need to look at for longevity of their brand.

If DC actually produced graphic novels based on the TV series, they flat out wouldn't sell. In contrast the only reason the TV series hasn't failed is because of the plethora of TV series out there that are worse.

like to name a few Disney+ shows worth the bother I can look up?

well we are at eps 9 and things are starting to make sense and happen. But 9 episodes? I ask you. I hope this is a 18 eps thing other wise it will be a joke