Topic: Would be really nice to see season finales marked

I love the site and have been using it for quite a while. There have been lots of great improvements over the years.

I am more of a casual TV viewer, I don’t know all the ins and outs of what is happening with shows. Sometimes finales sneak up on me! With some of them I don’t even realize they are finales.

I know you can click on the episode to see how many episodes there are, but sometimes That’s not complete and even the “next episode” info isn’t complete (usually because the network hasn’t release the info).

How difficult would it be to designate the finales as such?

Re: Would be really nice to see season finales marked

Dallas_Domer wrote:

How difficult would it be to designate the finales as such?

I thought about requesting something like that, for example marking season finales in the calendar with a special icon, but I guess it would never be 100% accurate since the site's sources are not.

Hmm... santah?

Unfortunately there is no reliable way to automatically get that info (episode order per season) for enough shows for a feature like this to be useful.

Let me know if that makes sense.

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e

santah wrote:

Unfortunately there is no reliable way to automatically get that info (episode order per season) for enough shows for a feature like this to be useful.

Yes, but even so, a marker/ icon for "this is the season's last episode that we currently know of" (for show pages and calendar) would be great for me personally. smile Not sure how others feel about an option like that.

lighton wrote:
santah wrote:

Yes, but even so, a marker/ icon for "this is the season's last episode that we currently know of" (for show pages and calendar) would be great for me personally. smile Not sure how others feel about an option like that.

Yep, I agree.  Just be a handy feature, a "very nice to have".

2020.  Meh.

graybags wrote:
lighton wrote:
santah wrote:

Yep, I agree.  Just be a handy feature, a "very nice to have".

I like that you wrote "very nice to have". smile

I wish others would share their thoughts about this, too.