1 (edited by LuC 2021-03-30 21:30:03)

Topic: MacGyver (2016) & The Blacklist have lost their episode summaries

The episode summaries were there last time I looked but now to click on an episode for the summary I just get "Sorry, no summary available for this episode!".  I'd already seen the summary for the upcoming MacGyver (s5e12) and of course the previous one but they're no longer posted.  I popped open a few other previous episodes for this latest season (5) and all had the same message and no summaries displayed.

Same thing for Blacklist however other upcoming programs I looked at had their summaries intact.

I read summaries time and again to refresh myself why I'd already seen the MacGyver summary for the upcoming episode and was about to look again.  I'll look at it again just previous to watching.  It's what I do.

I understand it's not for everyone but it is for me.

Re: MacGyver (2016) & The Blacklist have lost their episode summaries

Just checked and the summaries are there again.

Ah, good!

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e

4 (edited by LuC 2021-04-01 05:07:49)

However whatever it is hasn't quite worked itself out of the system.  I went to refresh myself on tonight's season finale episode of Resident Alien and the summary was gone. I checked and saw a few previous weeks were the same but the March 3rd episode summary displayed.  I took a screen shot fwiw.

https://i.postimg.cc/28GFgDY9/no-summary-glitch.jpg

Summaries are there now.

Hopefully something temporary going on with thetvdb API (for this show, summaries come from there).

Cheers!

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e

Hopefully it is something temporary.  Just about to watch The Blacklist and MacGyver and both the 4/2/2021 episodes have no summary :'(

Maybe this is the universe suggesting you ignore summaries and just watch the shows? wink cool

Nah, I don't think so Lighton.  It's something I like, you see.  I enjoy it.  You are probably the one I was referring to when I said it's not for everyone (or among those I was referring to).  But it is for me.  Why do you think they make summaries in the first place?

LuC wrote:

Why do you think they make summaries in the first place?

That's actually a good question! I believe they exist as a reference, starting from the point of conception: "Which episode are we shooting today? Ah, right, the one where x shoots y after learning about z."

Later on, their primary function is to be looked up when someone forgets where they are in a series or when they want to look up in which episode something happened. Like Wikipedia... You don't read every single article there is, only those you need to read. smile