Topic: Zack Snyder Will Release the 'Snyder Cut' of 'Justice League'@ HBO Max

Zack Snyder Will Release the ‘Snyder Cut’ of ‘Justice League’ on HBO Max

The mythical, unreleased version of the 2017 superhero film “Justice League” will finally see the light of day on Warner Media’s HBO Max in 2021.

Source

...where did I put that rat's ass I could give?

Daemons are benevolent or benign nature spirits, beings of the same nature as both mortals and gods, similar to ghosts, chthonic heroes, spirit guides, forces of nature or the gods themselves.

Re: Zack Snyder Will Release the 'Snyder Cut' of 'Justice League'@ HBO Max

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0974015/

I've rated it 7/10 back then but it was so unrememberable that I couldn't tell you anything about it. big_smile So...

"Mythical" or not;
I won't watch the Snyder Cut.

cool

Imo the best parts of the theatrical cut were those that Joss Whedon was responsible for, so the idea of a 4 hour long Snyder cut doesn't appeal too much.

Didn't he say it would cost $20 million or similar to be able to release it?

I saw it. But I don't know what to say...

It was a long movie.

Daemons are benevolent or benign nature spirits, beings of the same nature as both mortals and gods, similar to ghosts, chthonic heroes, spirit guides, forces of nature or the gods themselves.

Daemonius wrote:

I saw it. But I don't know what to say...

It was a long movie.

big_smile big_smile

lighton wrote:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0974015/

I've rated it 7/10 back then but it was so unrememberable that I couldn't tell you anything about it. big_smile So...

"Mythical" or not;
I won't watch the Snyder Cut.

cool

I've changed my mind and decided to watch it, too. Rated it 8/10, so I liked it, but it easily could have been even better IMHO.

Was it worth the additional $70 million? Maybe, but only HBO knows. cool

It dragged even at triple speed. Maybe if they'd just released the more interesting newer parts in a 15 minute package for those who'd seen the Whedon cut I'd have liked it better. But even those weren't that great. It's basically a 4 hour Easter egg hunt where you find most of the eggs in the last 10 minutes and they've already gone off too much for egg salad.

8 (edited by merc_1 2021-03-22 10:36:06)

it was interesting to work out the bits that were changed. Quite a lot, in fact most of it? eg the pyramid closure scene and Amazons where the baddy just kicked his way out never made any sense. Some here prefer tv series as they give time for the characters to breath. Less melodrama?  I think that has happened with the new version.  4hrs is not long - it is broken into sections like the old American tv series of the 50s were - so easy to take a break. Far better than the cgi-fest of eg Avengers Endgame which mostly makes no sense with badly thought out ideas

I'm glad it was released and I felt it was clearly a better movie than Josstice League, but damn its long.

I have seen this news story about and maybe I just don't care enough about Marvel and DC (or just disillusioned about it all), but who and why?

DRM "manages access" in the same way that Prison "manages freedom".
http://xkcd.com/488/

11 (edited by proteinnerd 2021-03-23 16:03:57)

Wizard wrote:

I have seen this news story about and maybe I just don't care enough about Marvel and DC (or just disillusioned about it all), but who and why?

The release of Batman v Superman didn't go as well as expected so WB executive interference started during the filming of Justice League. When Snyders daughter committed suicide also during the filming he quit and WB brought in Joss Whedon who apparently reshot approx 80% of the movie (although you would never guess it was this much imo), changed the tone and cut it down from about 3.5 hrs to 2 (although the story is pretty much the same).

Whedons version was pretty crap and a huge fan campaign start to release the Snyder Cut to finish his planned trilogy of Man of Steel, BvS and Justice League, although it clearly sets up at least 1 more sequel as well (that I don't think we will get to see)

HBO has since acquired WB and as they wanted to get more subscribers to the new HBO max, needed content and covid has stopped most film production (and theatre releases) they overrode WB wishes and decided to let Snyder edit the film and release it on their streaming service to boost subscriptions. I understand he then personally financed reshoots to the cost of $30 million or some crazy amount!!!

The overall story is pretty much the same just a lot more fleshed out, makes more sense and it's a decent movie...it's just #!$$ing long.

I'll watch it again but not in one go, I'll break it up to the chapters over a few nights.

Thank you, that was perfect.

While some things made more sense and you got more time with each character, it still felt like a drag to watch.

It could've been cut to about 3 hrs mostly by removing most of the slow-motion shots.

Daemonius wrote:

It could've been cut to about 3 hrs mostly by removing most of the slow-motion shots.

Slightly exagerated? lol

I really, really enjoyed (some of) those slow-motion shots! smile

For the serious slow-motion connoisseur:

X-Men: Apocalypse - Quicksilver Saves All...But One
https://youtu.be/bvXXQxcq5-4?list=FL29k … 5n2GZJaDGw

16 (edited by merc_1 2021-03-27 19:40:52)

about the new effects: olde v new

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/technology-56528052

Well I watched the new version.  Meh.  I skipped past some of it.  Bit boring really.

merc_1 wrote:

about the new effects: olde v new

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/technology-56528052

Thanks for sharing. No wonder so much of the movie felt new. smile

proteinnerd wrote:

The release of Batman v Superman didn't go as well as expected so WB executive interference started during the filming of Justice League. When Snyders daughter committed suicide also during the filming he quit and WB brought in Joss Whedon who apparently reshot approx 80% of the movie (although you would never guess it was this much imo), changed the tone and cut it down from about 3.5 hrs to 2 (although the story is pretty much the same).

Whedons version was pretty crap and a huge fan campaign start to release the Snyder Cut to finish his planned trilogy of Man of Steel, BvS and Justice League, although it clearly sets up at least 1 more sequel as well (that I don't think we will get to see)

HBO has since acquired WB and as they wanted to get more subscribers to the new HBO max, needed content and covid has stopped most film production (and theatre releases) they overrode WB wishes and decided to let Snyder edit the film and release it on their streaming service to boost subscriptions. I understand he then personally financed reshoots to the cost of $30 million or some crazy amount!!!

The overall story is pretty much the same just a lot more fleshed out, makes more sense and it's a decent movie...it's just #!$$ing long.

I'll watch it again but not in one go, I'll break it up to the chapters over a few nights.

Yes, I pretty much agree with this.

I watched the Zac Snyder cut last night, and whilst it is an improvement over the original theatre release, it is still a bit of a mess, pretty much in keeping with most of the DCEU output over the last few years.

I hope that whoever HBO put in overall charge of the DCEU will take a step back and do what is right for what is some of the some of the best comic book IP around, instead of concentrating on trying to emulate the MCU.