76 (edited by Moze 2021-02-19 06:46:37)

Re: How many TV shows are you currently watching?

Interesting! Had no clue it was divided like this, and it totally makes sense when I see the list. Every show in the bottom list I've watched have the same problems as well. They usually feels "off" then gets better over time or is 100% garbage all the way through.
I wonder if it's a cultural thing, or that they are just generally bad at writing, casting and directing. (Edit: I suppose you gave an edited answer to this)

77 (edited by paisley1 2021-02-19 07:09:54)

Re: How many TV shows are you currently watching?

Moze wrote:

Interesting! Had no clue it was divided like this, and it totally makes sense when I see the list. Every show in the bottom list I've watched have the same problems as well. They usually feels "off" then gets better over time or is 100% garbage all the way through.
I wonder if it's a cultural thing, or that they are just generally bad at writing, casting and directing. (Edit: I suppose you gave an edited answer to this)

Ya, I was still working out my thoughts, but, it's a pretty clear list of west good vs. east bad, and hard to define why.  In general, and overall, Canada is the Scifi nation, and probably only because Vancouver is a cheaper flight from LA, and the exchange rate from USD to CAD makes it cheaper to film, or not, I still don't know.

78

Re: How many TV shows are you currently watching?

Fringe, Travellers, Eureka from this list imo are the best ones, dropped Warehouse 13, Dark Matter, Killjoys, American Gods, The Handmaids Tale (got bored with them), but still are watching/watched till the end Orphan Black, 12 Monkeys, Star Trek Discovery.

I not only cannot distinguish Wester from Eastern Canada, but did not even knew that these are Canadian big_smile

79 (edited by paisley1 2021-04-30 07:52:48)

Re: How many TV shows are you currently watching?

g371 wrote:

Fringe, Travellers, Eureka from this list imo are the best ones, dropped Warehouse 13, Dark Matter, Killjoys, American Gods, The Handmaids Tale (got bored with them), but still are watching/watched till the end Orphan Black, 12 Monkeys, Star Trek Discovery.

I not only cannot distinguish Wester from Eastern Canada, but did not even knew that these are Canadian big_smile

Sometimes it's a fun guessing game, to go research where I think it's filmed, and other times it's really weird, because I'll recognize certain locations, and be like,

"that reminds of...(pause show do a double take)..wait it is Horseshoe Canyon, I was just there, when did they film this?"

Sometimes it takes me out of the reality of the fiction a bit, because I'll be like, "Uh, Fringe, that's not Harvard, that's the UBC Learning Center."  or "Uh Eureka, that's clearly Ladysmith BC."

The worst is when they've taken footage somewhere along the Fraser River Valley, and call it Afghanistan, and I'm just like, face palm, lolz, this is so bad.  Smallville was the worst offender for doing crap like that.

Must be amazing being all of you, because you can totally buy into the fiction.

80

Re: How many TV shows are you currently watching?

paisley1 wrote:

Must be amazing being all of you, because you can totally buy into the fiction.

Until they start speaking in awfully broken Russian big_smile It's ear piercing almost always and Russian is not even my native language. Other than that, if I don't hear a British our Australian accents, I assume it's from USA. Eureka and Fringe for sure I thought is USA.

81

Re: How many TV shows are you currently watching?

g371 wrote:
paisley1 wrote:

Must be amazing being all of you, because you can totally buy into the fiction.

Until they start speaking in awfully broken Russian big_smile It's ear piercing almost always and Russian is not even my native language. Other than that, if I don't hear a British our Australian accents, I assume it's from USA. Eureka and Fringe for sure I thought is USA.

Some scenes on Fringe are filmed in the states, but for the most part both Eureka and Fringe were all filmed in Canada.  I prefer it when Scifi is filmed in the USA like Westworld, Stranger Things, The Orville, TNG, DS9, Voyager, Firefly, etc, because it just tends to look better overall.

82

Re: How many TV shows are you currently watching?

This is my current list of programs

Bulletproof S3                                 
Debris S1                                       
FBI Most wanted S2
FBI S3
Legacies S2                         
Lost Girl S1
MacGyver S5                                     
Murdoch Mysteries S11                         
NCIS Los Angeles S12                             
NCIS S18                                     
Sanctuary S2                                   
Supernatural S1                               
The Equalizer S1

If you want play quizzes click below
https://www.quizland.co.uk/images/logo20.png

83 (edited by TheFizza 2021-04-28 04:51:45)

Re: How many TV shows are you currently watching?

My April List of Programs:

Creepshow
Made for Love
Young Sheldon
Clarice
For All Mankind
The Falcon & the Winter Soldier
Invincible
Final Space
Harrow
Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
Debris
Frontline
The Flash
mixed-ish
The Conners
Legacies
The Neighborhood
Black Lightning
Younger
The Nevers

Though I am behind on Call the Midwife, NOVA and The American Experience.

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fe18e3ede310c4d0ddb3af64211e19ec

84

Re: How many TV shows are you currently watching?

27 en and dvd of startrek....
Only thing to do when you live in een stupod controu where you must work en be lock up for covid....

85 (edited by TheFizza 2021-05-12 09:31:59)

Re: How many TV shows are you currently watching?

My May List of Programs:

Master of None
Castlevania
Star Wars: The Bad Batch
High School Musical: The Musical: The Series
Mythic Quest: Raven's Banquet
The Kominsky Method
Love, Death & Robots
Final Space
Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous
The Pursuit of Love
Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
The Bold Type
Younger
mixed-ish
The Neighborhood
Young Sheldon
The Conners
Frontline
Debris
Clarice
Superman & Lois
The Flash
Black Lightning
Legacies
The Nevers

Also plan to give Jupiter's Legacy the 4 Ep Test!

And yes, I'm still behind on Call the Midwife, NOVA and The American Experience.

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fe18e3ede310c4d0ddb3af64211e19ec

86 (edited by TheFizza 2021-06-10 08:04:59)

Re: How many TV shows are you currently watching?

My June List of Programs (light month):

Loki
Star Wars: The Bad Batch
High School Musical: The Musical: The Series
Mythic Quest: Raven's Banquet
iCarly
Rick and Morty
Final Space
Intelligence
The Mysterious Benedict Society
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
The Bold Type
Younger
Dave
Home Before Dark
Motherland: Fort Salem
Clarice
Superman & Lois
The Flash
Legacies

And I'm behind on NOVA and Fontline.


R.I.P. Jupiter's Legacy, we hardly new ya, as well as mixed-ish one of the best modern sit-coms I've seen & Black Lightning the best CWDC series yet!

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fe18e3ede310c4d0ddb3af64211e19ec

87 (edited by TheFizza 2021-07-20 07:59:19)

Re: How many TV shows are you currently watching?

My July List of Programs (another light month):

Loki
Star Wars: The Bad Batch
High School Musical: The Musical: The Series
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
The Snoopy Show
Chip 'N' Dale: Park Life
iCarly
Transformers: War for Cybertron
Rick and Morty
Gossip Girl
The Mysterious Benedict Society
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
This Way Up
Ted Lasso
Dave
Home Before Dark
Motherland: Fort Salem
Roswell, New Mexico
Superman & Lois
The Flash
Masters of the Universe: Revelation

And I'm like never gonna catch up with NOVA and Fontline... am I?

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fe18e3ede310c4d0ddb3af64211e19ec

88

Re: How many TV shows are you currently watching?

I haven't been watching much these days, and that's why I joined this forum in the first place! Right now, I'm only watching Criminal Minds and En Thérapie, a French series.