Re: The Stand (2020)

HomerS wrote:

But so far good song choices overall.

I didn't notice any of the finer details, but yes, I agree. smile

Looking forward to the remaining episodes! (It just feels like there aren't enough episodes left to cover everything in - enough - detail. I hope I'm wrong. smile)

I haven't watched ep 5 yet, but I'll probably drop it. I just want to see Trashcan Man.

MeDumbDuck wrote:

This show got boring real fast. Dropped.

Yes the same for me

And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes....

Imo, not great, not terrible, curious what adventures psycho kid will have.

It's not the best show ever, sure, but there are no massive shortcomings, I still like to watch it. smile

I'm enjoying it...then again I've read the book about 5 times and for some reason just love the story. Its interesting to see the different narrative take on it.

g371 wrote:

Imo, not great, not terrible, curious what adventures psycho kid will have.

Spoiler

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ee/ce/fe/eecefed0607c946058d33be6911bc59b.gif

big_smile

Not counting bible bs, I like this show.

33 (edited by g371 2021-01-30 20:12:39)

Btw, because I own multiple motorcycles, I have a mandatory obligation to dump on engine sounds in the last episode, since when adventure motos sound like 4 cyl sportsbikes? big_smile

Spoiler

Tho crash with highside was quite plausible

g371 wrote:
Spoiler

Tho crash with highside was quite plausible

I thought that the entire scene was the biggest goof of the show so far. cool

Spoiler

If I recall correctly, the inclination angle of the bike didn't line up in two successive shots (right before crashing), and even before that, the speed the speedometer showed didn't match the speed they were driving at (which was way slower).

Anyway, I still enjoy watching the show. smile

35 (edited by g371 2021-01-31 10:05:16)

Spoiler

Naah, they just showed it poorly because could not afford Michael Bay, being way too far from the curve on the moment when the women started breaking and showed bike already on the side, but logic was ok, implied speed was 160 kmh and if they would cut where bike went into drift, it would be spot on. You don't need a perfect angle, you just need a sudden traction to fly like that big_smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nViIpTR … e=youtu.be

Spoiler

Thanks! Yeah, at https://youtu.be/nViIpTRE6JI?t=6 the guy already touches the road, but then ... it's clear that they took multiple attempts at filming it like they wanted, but it is like it is. cool

And yes, she started braking way too early.

Spoiler

Yup, that was fail that they showed him already on the ground - probably guys who performed this were facepalming hard when they saw what did editing guys after big_smile Tho he would go over the ridge in any case, just with a few more broken bones

big_smile

I enjoyed the series overall but that last episode was completely unnecessary imo

proteinnerd wrote:

I enjoyed the series overall but that last episode was completely unnecessary imo

Totally agree.  I've read the book and seen the 90's adaptation, so when I saw last weeks episode I wondered what they would do with a whole extra 48 minutes this week.

Now I know.  Pointless.

2020.  Meh.

Ugh, I already felt like I'd watched 15 episodes of this. Now reeeeaaaaaly dreading the finale.

I've enjoyed the show and still look forward to the finale. smile

The finale?  That was it yesterday, no?  "The Circle Closes"

2020.  Meh.

Am I the only one bothered by

Spoiler

him being sure to pull off the road so as not to obstruct traffic?

graybags wrote:
vapdne wrote:

Wow, I'm surprised at just how crap this has got. This is how I can't stand King. He's at be is at best a retarded ape. I do not like this.

Ok, you don't like Stephen King's stuff, we all get that by the length you go to to explain it.  So here's an idea, don't read any of his stuff or watch any of his TV adaptations.  How does it help anyone here reading your comments?  You're just wasting your time and ours.  Go and have a lie down.

I don't need a lie down. I prob do need to stop watching anything to do with King however. King's black and white view of the world is my main problem with him. It isn't black and white. There is no good and evil. There is a massive grey area with little bits of black and white at either end.

Comparing him to a retarded ape is mild. What about a retarded oyster?

I don't watch trailers. I never have and I never will.
I don't like Tom Cruise, James Cameron and there's lots more to add, give me time
I don't like Star Wars or Star Trek or any superhero *hit

Anyway, I stayed with the series till the end. It seems to have been partially setup for a possible 2nd season but it looks like that ain't happening. No tears.

I don't watch trailers. I never have and I never will.
I don't like Tom Cruise, James Cameron and there's lots more to add, give me time
I don't like Star Wars or Star Trek or any superhero *hit

vapdne wrote:

Anyway, I stayed with the series till the end. It seems to have been partially setup for a possible 2nd season but it looks like that ain't happening. No tears.

The ending was pretty much how the book ended.

I enjoyed it for the slightly different take but I'm definitely glad they aren't talking about a second series unless it would be written by King.

graybags wrote:

The finale?  That was it yesterday, no?  "The Circle Closes"

Yes. I hadn't watched it when I posted. smile