Re: WandaVision

Why does everything have to be explained as soon as possible. Why can't people wait and let the mystery build up. I feel that todays teens and twenty somethings couldn't bare with Twin Peaks today, or even Lost.

There is a reason why background is built before we get to action. Learn to wait and enjoy the ride. Or am I too old for this sh....

...where did I put that rat's ass I could give?

Daemons are benevolent or benign nature spirits, beings of the same nature as both mortals and gods, similar to ghosts, chthonic heroes, spirit guides, forces of nature or the gods themselves.

Daemonius wrote:

Why does everything have to be explained as soon as possible. Why can't people wait and let the mystery build up. I feel that todays teens and twenty somethings couldn't bare with Twin Peaks today, or even Lost.

There is a reason why background is built before we get to action. Learn to wait and enjoy the ride. Or am I too old for this sh....

That's the problem with this show though, the background is entirely irrelevant to the plot.

The sitcom tributes, whilst clever, and faithfully reproduced, have been entirely unnecessary from the point of view of the narrative. They feel more like a device that has allowed Disney to make (and sell) 4.5 hours of prime time TV out of an hour's worth (at most) of script.

CarmarthenLad wrote:
Daemonius wrote:

That's the problem with this show though, the background is entirely irrelevant to the plot.

The sitcom tributes, whilst clever, and faithfully reproduced, have been entirely unnecessary from the point of view of the narrative. They feel more like a device that has allowed Disney to make (and sell) 4.5 hours of prime time TV out of an hour's worth (at most) of script.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

I respect it but I saw this differently. Those old shows are not just a tribute. There is something more, something bigger. There is a reason why Wanda want's to live in old sitcom world when all that she ever cared about is gone. Maybe that is what she watched as a kid and feels safe in that world. We really don't know until the last episode.

...where did I put that rat's ass I could give?

Daemons are benevolent or benign nature spirits, beings of the same nature as both mortals and gods, similar to ghosts, chthonic heroes, spirit guides, forces of nature or the gods themselves.

Whatever happened to the journey being more important than the destination? a lot of people seem to just want TV that throws away the journey and just delivers a season finale in the first episode.

Too much freakin Tik Tok and watching TV whilst playing with the mobile phone at the same time, nobody has the patience or attention span anymore to let story tellers tell a story.

...Damn I'm feeling old, complaining about the younger generation

proteinnerd wrote:

Whatever happened to the journey being more important than the destination? a lot of people seem to just want TV that throws away the journey and just delivers a season finale in the first episode.

Too much freakin Tik Tok and watching TV whilst playing with the mobile phone at the same time, nobody has the patience or attention span anymore to let story tellers tell a story.

...Damn I'm feeling old, complaining about the younger generation

No! Don't disagree with people here, you'll get called either a fanboy or a hater.

2020.  Meh.

Well, I'm really liking WandaVision so far, and I know I probably stand alone on a desert island that way, but I enjoy it when Level 5 super mutants have a nervous breakdown and create their own sitcom world to deal with their PTSD and to protect themselves from further pain.  Relatable.  That's what it is.

paisley1: smile

I've now watched everything including 1x7. And yes, the first 3 episodes were somewhat painful to watch.

It's a good show, but far from awesome IMHO. Folks under 30 like it best. (Is it because of the huge amount of special effects?) Interestingly, that's the opposite of Messiah, where average ratings increased with viewership age (and which I liked a lot more).

Was hoping it was a one-off series leading to other things as it went back downhill after ep 4. Oh well, at least the eps are short even if they feel like they take hours.

Spoiler

Unclear to me why they're going the white Vision route from 80s Avengers when those were terrible the first time around. Could easily have gone straight to her having a breakdown from realizing the kids aren't real. Now we'll likely be stuck with a season of her trying to get Vision's feels back.

59 (edited by HomerS Yesterday 20:42:04)

I accidently noticed that they do have post credits scenes now, not in the first 6 episodes but in the two last recent ones.

Dear Marvel: either have post credit scenes in all episodes or in none but dont mix it please, thank you and good night.

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=Watchlist&kk=276008292d78a1f619f8bbc10840767b

Really liked the last episode (#8) mostly since it gave 0 screen time to the garbage they present as FBI(including the computer geek stereotype).

I'm kinda curious to find out which direction they will move the story from here on out.