Re: The 13th Doctor...

the writers didn't do her any favours.

imadsani wrote:

I don't think the writers have done Doctor Who any favours for years now.

2020.  Meh.

Her episodes felt completely different from Capaldi's, and not in the good way. I get the actor wanting to take ownership of the performance but the show in whole felt like it had greatly regressed in quality.

imadsani wrote:

Agreed, I feel quite sorry for the actors

Chibnall, the current show runner, has improved slightly over his run, but from such a low starting point he a) couldn't really get worse and b) would need years to get to even mediocre. The man just has no idea how to put together an entertaining story.

Ever since he took over the episodes have been characterised by endless, pointless chases that do nothing to progress the storyline, interspersed by endless exposition where one character has to explain to the other characters (and the audience) what the story actually is.

It's bizarre, and very bad TV.

I was kind of hopeful that with the first female Doctor, the writing would be better. Instead (in my opinion), this may be one of the worse Doctor Who characters, and unfortunately, I'm sure it will be blamed on making the Doctor a woman. The best thing they could possibly do (if he would take the part), is to ask David Tennant to return as the Doctor, along with better Sci-Fi writers. I'd really love to see Sting give Dr. Who a shot!

TigerTalk wrote:

The best thing they could possibly do (if he would take the part), is to ask David Tennant to return as the Doctor, ...

I wouldn't mind Matt Smith or Capaldi either