Topic: God of Lost Fantasy

https://static.next-episode.net/tv-shows-images/huge/god-of-lost-fantasy.jpg

Qin Wentian (Sheng Yilun) is born as a sickly child, and for some reason his adopted parents are forced to send him to the Bai family, who promises to give their daughter's hand in marriage in return. The greedy Bai family eventually sets their sights on the royal Ye family, and unsuccessfully tries to back out of the marriage proposal by assassinating Qin Wentian. Qin Wentian escapes to Jiuhua Sect, and befriends his master's daughter Mo Qingcheng (Wang Ziwen) and crown prince Yi Wuwei, who is currently in hiding.

https://next-episode.net/god-of-lost-fantasy

Oh my Gosh, this is an amazing show!  I love it!  It is on Amazon Prime with English subtitles.  I about wanted to cry when I found myself on episode 20 thinking it was going to be over until if/when a new season starts.

I'd requested the show be listed on next-episode about a week ago because I didn't find it here, and it was listed quickly and the listing showed 20 episodes, however, when episode 20 came to an end I saw the player loading up for the next episode at Amazon Prime!  I was so happy!  I'm just about to begin episode 28, I've been binging it and watching whatever else programs on my watch list when they air between time.

The characters have developed really nicely, I'm just in love with them! 

I know it will come to an end at some point because when I was reading the comments at Amazon a few posts people were asking when new episodes would be posted.  There are potentially 52 episodes.

There are no episode summaries, either here or at Amazon.

Re: God of Lost Fantasy

Looks a bit too focused on a Chinese taste (for my taste), so I'll skip this one. smile

You seem to be the only one watching it here. cool

Been wondering... what's up with those extremely generic Chinese movie titles that don't even really seem to relate to anything in the movie (or series)?

Is the meaning getting lost when translating into English? Does the marketing department simply pick a few buzzwords at random without having any idea what they mean and how they are used? Do we have to actually watch it for it to make any sense?

Off-topic, I know, but this one is another great example.

Besides, does the show description simply neglect to mention how the "Fantasy" classification comes in here? Where was the description pulled from anyways? Who wrote it and thought the family relations in the story are what we need to know before watching it? Is that just how movies and shows are marketed in (several) Asian countries?

As it is now, that show's page simply doesn't tell me anything at all...

some_one wrote:

Where was the description pulled from anyways? Who wrote it and thought the family relations in the story are what we need to know before watching it? Is that just how movies and shows are marketed in (several) Asian countries?

The importance of family is something else in Asia! cool

5 (edited by LuC 2021-01-10 23:13:22)

I watched all 52 episodes.  Probably finished up 5 days ago.  I loved it and will never forget it.  I won't call this one a mini series but I'll call it a movie.  A full movie in lots of parts.

*edited