251

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

"I would prefer they or them from now on" big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile And I already thought that they ran out of creative ways to force feed big_smile

252 (edited by dofus 2020-12-11 00:18:51)

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

g371 wrote:

"I would prefer they or them from now on" big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile And I already thought that they ran out of creative ways to force feed big_smile

Also funny how apparantly future society apparantly is so "respectful" they still use these silly pronouns from our era if people demand it, but they call Linus a "lizard" and tells kids they can peel skin off his face. smile

253

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

Trek always had a soap element. Some eps were a lot soapier than others across all the series.

254

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

Watched 3x9 and totally enjoyed it! smile Loved the 'door' you-know-who went through and what followed... Looking forward to learn more about the 'door man', probably/hopefully in the next episode! smile

255 (edited by lighton 2020-12-12 14:19:05)

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

lighton wrote:

Watched 3x9 and totally enjoyed it! smile Loved the 'door' you-know-who went through and what followed... Looking forward to learn more about the 'door man', probably/hopefully in the next episode! smile

I am increasingly not liking this show.

Spoiler

I was interested in seeing what the door would bring, but as soon as she walked thought and it was yet another "alternative reality", my first thought was "oh ffs, not this shit again".

You know they have run out of ideas when shows start pulling this crap.  How many TV shows have done this now, maybe too many to count.

The next thing you know, they'll be doing a musical number!

DRM "manages access" in the same way that Prison "manages freedom".
http://xkcd.com/488/

256

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

Wizard wrote:

I am increasingly not liking this show.

Spoiler

I was interested in seeing what the door would bring, but as soon as she walked thought and it was yet another "alternative reality", my first thought was "oh ffs, not this shit again".

You know they have run out of ideas when shows start pulling this crap.  How many TV shows have done this now, maybe too many to count.

The next thing you know, they'll be doing a musical number!

I felt right away that it took some balls/ovaries to go this route. smile But I don't mind at all... You probably can't come up with something that has never been used before again and again - and as long as they do it in a fresh way, why not?

And if they'd do it as well as that https://next-episode.net/the-magicians episode, I wouldn't mind them doing a musical in space! big_smile (Although it would probably require something like an alien virus to explain it. cool)

257 (edited by MeDumbDuck 2020-12-13 06:00:47)

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

lighton wrote:
Wizard wrote:

I am increasingly not liking this show.

Spoiler

I was interested in seeing what the door would bring, but as soon as she walked thought and it was yet another "alternative reality", my first thought was "oh ffs, not this shit again".

You know they have run out of ideas when shows start pulling this crap.  How many TV shows have done this now, maybe too many to count.

The next thing you know, they'll be doing a musical number!

I felt right away that it took some balls/ovaries to go this route. smile But I don't mind at all... You probably can't come up with something that has never been used before again and again - and as long as they do it in a fresh way, why not?

And if they'd do it as well as that https://next-episode.net/the-magicians episode, I wouldn't mind them doing a musical in space! big_smile (Although it would probably require something like an alien virus to explain it. cool)

A musical in space would be awesome. And besides, mirror universe episodes are the best.

258

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

3x11 was another episode I really enjoyed! It looked like their 3x11 special effects budget was bigger than for a whole http://next-episode.net/dark-matter season. big_smile

259

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

Goddamnit! That was intense.

Spoiler

They're going to time travel again?!

260

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

I thought this season started off really well, bit of a change in direction, but I've found the last few episodes very meh.

2020.  Meh.

261

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

lighton wrote:

Watched 3x9 and totally enjoyed it! smile Loved the 'door' you-know-who went through and what followed... Looking forward to learn more about the 'door man', probably/hopefully in the next episode! smile

So how was your trip back to 2267? smile

https://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.png
https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=9c3d70de238ebfb2f7ddda60d4ab6e5e
https://signavatar.com/40753_v.gif
https://signavatar.com/40753_s.gif

262

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

scorpius074 wrote:

So how was your trip back to 2267? smile

The trip was good, but I've lost track of the years. big_smile

263

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

So, that was the season finale! I've enjoyed it. smile

Spoiler

Although I'd expect some kind of passenger protection system would exist for the turbolift, preventing some of the action seen here. cool

P.S.: Did anyone remove posts here?

264

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

I thought it was a great ending to a great season. I wonder if S4 will be put on hold due to covid.

If you want play games or quizzes click below
https://www.quizland.co.uk/images/logo20.png

265

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

davejo90 wrote:

I wonder if S4 will be put on hold due to covid.


Apparently not: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek … (season_4)

The season was officially announced in October 2020. Filming began in November 2020 in Toronto, Canada, with new filming processes implemented to ensure safety during the pandemic. Production is set to end in June 2021.


davejo90 wrote:

I thought it was a great ending to a great season.

It was definitely nice. Still a lot of focus on action, but also finally more scifi, character development for more than just the core cast and generally a sense of direction. Time travel did this show well.

266

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

Just me that thought this show peaked half way through the season, and left me wondering if I'll bother with season 4 then?

2020.  Meh.

267

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

some_one wrote:
davejo90 wrote:

I thought it was a great ending to a great season.

It was definitely nice. Still a lot of focus on action, but also finally more scifi, character development for more than just the core cast and generally a sense of direction. Time travel did this show well.

+1! It had the scifi and action I missed in the latest https://next-episode.net/the-expanse episode. wink

graybags wrote:

Just me that thought this show peaked half way through the season, and left me wondering if I'll bother with season 4 then?

It's just you. cool

268

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

graybags wrote:

Just me that thought this show peaked half way through the season, and left me wondering if I'll bother with season 4 then?

Not just you.  I am getting very bored with it.

DRM "manages access" in the same way that Prison "manages freedom".
http://xkcd.com/488/

269

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

Wizard wrote:
graybags wrote:

Just me that thought this show peaked half way through the season, and left me wondering if I'll bother with season 4 then?

Not just you.  I am getting very bored with it.

Yep not just you but the season finale was still nice.

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=Watchlist&kk=276008292d78a1f619f8bbc10840767b

270

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

While I definitely enjoyed S3 over S2, I have to continuously remind myself to watch it not as a 'Star Trek' show but just as a regular sci-fi show.  HOWEVER...

Spoiler

"Let's Fly" basically ruined it for me. I mean come on, they don't 'fly' in space and this line is emblematic of some of the problems with the show IMHO

271 (edited by paisley1 2021-02-16 04:14:37)

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

I enjoyed "The Door", that was classic Star Trek, and the only good episode in the series.  When it comes down to it though, I just don't believe any of the actors are any of the characters.  I don't buy it.  Every episode feels like they're one showtune away from breaking out in song.

Not Star Trek.

272 (edited by davejo90 2021-09-11 09:48:17)

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

Season 4 starting on Thu Nov 18, 2021. I've posted this as I didn't see anyone else posting it for discussion, that's of course if anyone wants to discuss it.

If you want play games or quizzes click below
https://www.quizland.co.uk/images/logo20.png

273

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

davejo90 wrote:

Season 4 starting on Thu Nov 18, 2021. I've posted this as I didn't see anyone else posting it for discussion, that's of course if anyone wants to discuss it.

Thankyou for the heads up

274

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

https://www.vitalthrills.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/discovery-season-4-trailer.jpg


Star Trek: Discovery Season 4 NYCC Trailer | Rotten Tomatoes TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9St3TlNPrFs

275 (edited by davejo90 2021-10-12 07:39:54)

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

Let's hope that not all the best bits wink

If you want play games or quizzes click below
https://www.quizland.co.uk/images/logo20.png