Re: Star Trek: Discovery

A great start to the new season

And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes....

3x1! DAMN! I want ...

Spoiler

... that birdie alarm clock! And that bed! And that 'tooth brush'! And that 'office' (if the chair is comfortable)! big_smile big_smile

THIS is sci-fi! <3

But wasn't it a bit silly to show them walking on those rocks near the waterfall, surrounded by water!?

203 (edited by merc_1 2020-10-16 18:29:35)

well season 3 looks very promising. BY the way the black guy is Manchester Black from Supergirl. Looks very much the same.

Well, that episode was nice. Here's hoping they finally find their footing.

The opening scene kinda reminded me of Farscape, altho the direction it's currently headed seems to be rather close to Andromeda, which I guess is somewhat adjacent to Star Trek to begin with...

merc_1 wrote:

BY the way the black guy is Manchester Black from Supergirl. Looks very much the same.

He was also the captain on Nightflyers. His character here seems to be a mixture of both.

lighton wrote:

3x1! DAMN! I want ...

Spoiler

... that birdie alarm clock!

It is a very nice alarm clock.

really liked the first episode. Let's see where they take this now

206 (edited by merc_1 2020-10-17 12:53:57)

Some-one beat me to it about the same story line as Andromeda - resurrecting the Federation in this case, based around a single starship from the past. I hope it doesnt follow too much in those footsteps as that would be sad. I wonder if thats where they got the idea from or genuinely parallel inspiration. I think a better  story line would have been to continue the AI  threat in some way.

some_one wrote:
merc_1 wrote:

BY the way the black guy is Manchester Black from Supergirl. Looks very much the same.

He was also the captain on Nightflyers. His character here seems to be a mixture of both.

Ha! I thought he looked familiar... smile

And here are some great news:

‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Renewed for Season 4 at CBS All Access
https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/star-t … 234807650/

More great news for us Trekkie fans, including the spin offs, the more the better for me.

And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes....

Can't wait for Anson Mount's Trek series.