Re: Avenue 5 [Comedy, Sci-Fi]

With a great cast, including two of my favourite actors Hugh Laurie and Rebecca Front, how can this series go wrong?
Well, in so many many ways.
A gag free zone (except for the vomit definition of gag), it reminds me of Harrison Ford's comment to George Lucas during Star Wars filiming - "You can write this crap, but you can't say it."
It is terrible.

Re: Avenue 5 [Comedy, Sci-Fi]

jralph wrote:

A gag free zone (except for the vomit definition of gag), it reminds me of Harrison Ford's comment to George Lucas during Star Wars filiming - "You can write this crap, but you can't say it."
It is terrible.

big_smile

Re: Avenue 5 [Comedy, Sci-Fi]

jralph wrote:

With a great cast, including two of my favourite actors Hugh Laurie and Rebecca Front, how can this series go wrong?
Well, in so many many ways.
A gag free zone (except for the vomit definition of gag), it reminds me of Harrison Ford's comment to George Lucas during Star Wars filiming - "You can write this crap, but you can't say it."
It is terrible.

In your opinion.  I quite like it.  So which of us it right?  The answer is neither.  If you don't like it, move on, don't watch it.

A rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle...

Re: Avenue 5 [Comedy, Sci-Fi]

graybags wrote:
jralph wrote:

With a great cast, including two of my favourite actors Hugh Laurie and Rebecca Front, how can this series go wrong?
Well, in so many many ways.
A gag free zone (except for the vomit definition of gag), it reminds me of Harrison Ford's comment to George Lucas during Star Wars filiming - "You can write this crap, but you can't say it."
It is terrible.

In your opinion.  I quite like it.  So which of us it right?  The answer is neither.  If you don't like it, move on, don't watch it.

I'll be the judge.

It is good.

*drops hammer*

https://i.postimg.cc/FzfWmwnQ/sigTV.png

Re: Avenue 5 [Comedy, Sci-Fi]

Lollie wrote:

I'll be the judge.

It is good.

*drops hammer*

Indeed big_smile

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2f78bbc2ae515f1a55746f794066001

Re: Avenue 5 [Comedy, Sci-Fi]

This is a terrible show. I think they tried to bite off the idea of Space Force before its release to steal some of that thunder. So far not really worth 30 min of my time.

Re: Avenue 5 [Comedy, Sci-Fi]

Bennettarts wrote:

This is a terrible show. I think they tried to bite off the idea of Space Force before its release to steal some of that thunder. So far not really worth 30 min of my time.

It goes over the heads of many people, don't worry about it though.

https://i.postimg.cc/FzfWmwnQ/sigTV.png

Re: Avenue 5 [Comedy, Sci-Fi]

Lollie wrote:
Bennettarts wrote:

This is a terrible show. I think they tried to bite off the idea of Space Force before its release to steal some of that thunder. So far not really worth 30 min of my time.

It goes over the heads of many people, don't worry about it though.

Repeating that claim doesn't make it true. cool

Not everyone likes the same kind of music, same with TV shows.

Re: Avenue 5 [Comedy, Sci-Fi]

lighton wrote:
Lollie wrote:
Bennettarts wrote:

This is a terrible show. I think they tried to bite off the idea of Space Force before its release to steal some of that thunder. So far not really worth 30 min of my time.

It goes over the heads of many people, don't worry about it though.

Repeating that claim doesn't make it true. cool

Not everyone likes the same kind of music, same with TV shows.

Taste is subjective, good taste however is not.

https://i.postimg.cc/FzfWmwnQ/sigTV.png

35 (edited by bvereshagen 2020-02-22 22:48:33)

Re: Avenue 5 [Comedy, Sci-Fi]

In my experience this site has been has been refreshingly devoid of trolling and name calling. Wouldn't it be  wonderful if we could all keep it that way?

Re: Avenue 5 [Comedy, Sci-Fi]

The only trolling and name calling is coming from the one post guy above, and now you.

https://i.postimg.cc/FzfWmwnQ/sigTV.png

Re: Avenue 5 [Comedy, Sci-Fi]

Yes, bvereshagen, let's keep it that way. smile

Come on Lollie, join the group hug!

Spoiler

https://media.giphy.com/media/WOIGpnJ3ye445BUQl4/giphy.gif

Re: Avenue 5 [Comedy, Sci-Fi]

Aww...bring it in big guy!

https://i.postimg.cc/FzfWmwnQ/sigTV.png

Re: Avenue 5 [Comedy, Sci-Fi]

On second thought, mindlessly lashing out at each othet doesn't  seem so bad. Carry on.

40 (edited by TheFizza 2020-02-27 04:37:05)

Re: Avenue 5 [Comedy, Sci-Fi]

While I can't say I really find this show funny I can't stop tuning in...  Maybe it's all the great (and not so great) actors in it.

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fe18e3ede310c4d0ddb3af64211e19ec

Re: Avenue 5 [Comedy, Sci-Fi]

I like this show quite a lot. It's made me laugh out loud (to myself) quite frequently.

I've not been a massive fan of Iannucci over the years although he has done some stuff I really liked. This has made me determined to go through his back catalogue, I've missed a lot of it!

42 (edited by Deke 2020-03-12 08:29:07)

Re: Avenue 5 [Comedy, Sci-Fi]

This latest one  's01e08'
the latter half had me in stitches

Spoiler

The whole airlock thing

Re: Avenue 5 [Comedy, Sci-Fi]

Deke wrote:

This latest one  's01e08'
the latter half had me in stitches

Spoiler

The whole airlock thing

Well don´t trust anybody recommending Letterkenny - worst 30 min of my life

No I´m not Tom Hanks - duh!!

44 (edited by Deke 2020-03-12 16:52:12)

Re: Avenue 5 [Comedy, Sci-Fi]

OtmShank wrote:

Well don´t trust anybody recommending Letterkenny - worst 30 min of my life

Yea, and you aren't exaggerating are you,  bellend.

Re: Avenue 5 [Comedy, Sci-Fi]

Hey guys, let's stay friendly, even if you don't agree with another's opinion. smile

46 (edited by Lollie 2020-03-13 10:34:32)

Re: Avenue 5 [Comedy, Sci-Fi]

It's a good comedy, no idea why people get so serious over it and keep coming in to cry about it. Lighten up freaks!

https://i.postimg.cc/FzfWmwnQ/sigTV.png