Re: The Good Fight

sentient wrote:

Can we talk about the animated shorts though? I thought they were interesting at first, but not sure every single episode needs one.

The showrunners went to Jonathan Coulton to write the songs in the style of the entertaining-yet-educational Schoolhouse Rock shorts that aired as interstitials during ABC’s Saturday morning cartoon lineup during the ’70s and ’80s. Originally the showrunners wanted to do songs that would explain some quirk of the law that mattered in each episode, such as 'mere puffery' or 'hearsay objections,' but they lacked the motivation to properly put it all together. I agree that the animated shorts aren't necessary for every freaking episode, but the showrunners clearly stated that the shorts are here to stay moving forward, beyond this season. There were maybe one or two shorts that I actually liked; the rest were meh to borderline annoying at best. Best you can do is either deal with them and see whether or not they pique your interest, take a bathroom break, go get a snack, ignore them completely, or skip through them since they're usually anywhere between a minute to too long.

https://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.png
https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=9c3d70de238ebfb2f7ddda60d4ab6e5e
https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/4815162342.gif
https://widgets.trakt.tv/users/1052a0e024e050a140d1f4b950dcc292/watched/thin@1x.jpg

Re: The Good Fight

scorpius074 wrote:
sentient wrote:

Can we talk about the animated shorts though? I thought they were interesting at first, but not sure every single episode needs one.

The showrunners went to Jonathan Coulton to write the songs in the style of the entertaining-yet-educational Schoolhouse Rock shorts that aired as interstitials during ABC’s Saturday morning cartoon lineup during the ’70s and ’80s. Originally the showrunners wanted to do songs that would explain some quirk of the law that mattered in each episode, such as 'mere puffery' or 'hearsay objections,' but they lacked the motivation to properly put it all together. I agree that the animated shorts aren't necessary for every freaking episode, but the showrunners clearly stated that the shorts are here to stay moving forward, beyond this season. There were maybe one or two shorts that I actually liked; the rest were meh to borderline annoying at best. Best you can do is either deal with them and see whether or not they pique your interest, take a bathroom break, go get a snack, ignore them completely, or skip through them since they're usually anywhere between a minute to too long.

That's really interesting, thank you!!

I did like how they used it in the latest episode. I hope they continue to find new creative ways of using them, because I think they could have a lot of potential.

Re: The Good Fight

I like them, Coulton makes great tunes.

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/OrlandoNEP.png

Re: The Good Fight

Oh... I just realised last episode was the season finale. 7 episodes is way too little!!

Re: The Good Fight

I'm pretty sure there are three more episodes remaining.

https://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.png
https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=9c3d70de238ebfb2f7ddda60d4ab6e5e
https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/4815162342.gif
https://widgets.trakt.tv/users/1052a0e024e050a140d1f4b950dcc292/watched/thin@1x.jpg

Re: The Good Fight

sentient wrote:

Oh... I just realised last episode was the season finale. 7 episodes is way too little!!

IMDB says season 3 has 10 episodes.

Re: The Good Fight

scorpius074 wrote:

I'm pretty sure there are three more episodes remaining.

bvereshagen wrote:
sentient wrote:

Oh... I just realised last episode was the season finale. 7 episodes is way too little!!

IMDB says season 3 has 10 episodes.

Yay! Thanks!
But when are they airing then? I can't find it anywhere. I guess it's going on a break and it hasn't been announced yet? Weird.

Re: The Good Fight

sentient wrote:

Yay! Thanks!
But when are they airing then? I can't find it anywhere. I guess it's going on a break and it hasn't been announced yet? Weird.

Last time I checked IMDb the 8th episode should air this Thursday at its usual time. Most sources (depending on the series) don't disclose certain information until they receive it that week, or the week before, but I don't see any reason why the next three episodes wouldn't air at their usual times; 5/2, 5/9, 5/16.

https://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.png
https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=9c3d70de238ebfb2f7ddda60d4ab6e5e
https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/4815162342.gif
https://widgets.trakt.tv/users/1052a0e024e050a140d1f4b950dcc292/watched/thin@1x.jpg

Re: The Good Fight

https://imgur.com/LB2KhgB.jpg


lol

https://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.png
https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=9c3d70de238ebfb2f7ddda60d4ab6e5e
https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/4815162342.gif
https://widgets.trakt.tv/users/1052a0e024e050a140d1f4b950dcc292/watched/thin@1x.jpg

Re: The Good Fight

https://tvline.com/2019/05/05/good-figh … scene-cbs/

Based on the scene that led directly into the ultimately-excised short, the Kings presumably were going to clue viewers in on the morally flexible lengths some U.S. companies will go to in order to break into the lucrative Chinese market (which tied into the episode’s B-story involving the fictional search engine behemoth ChumHum).

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/OrlandoNEP.png

Re: The Good Fight

Orlando wrote:

https://tvline.com/2019/05/05/good-figh … scene-cbs/

Based on the scene that led directly into the ultimately-excised short, the Kings presumably were going to clue viewers in on the morally flexible lengths some U.S. companies will go to in order to break into the lucrative Chinese market (which tied into the episode’s B-story involving the fictional search engine behemoth ChumHum).

The fourth wall-shattering ding against its own company serves to underscore just how unpredictably playful, boundary-shattering and, in this case, fearless, The Good Fight has become in its third season

SPOILER Show(in addition to the animated shorts, recent episodes have featured characters talking directly into the camera, a cameo by FLOTUS “Melania Trump” and a Downton Abbey crossover).

Just a few of the many reasons why this show has been must-watch TV for me for quite some time now. smile

https://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.png
https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=9c3d70de238ebfb2f7ddda60d4ab6e5e
https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/4815162342.gif
https://widgets.trakt.tv/users/1052a0e024e050a140d1f4b950dcc292/watched/thin@1x.jpg

Re: The Good Fight

What a wonderful season finale, and a season of television in general.

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/OrlandoNEP.png

Re: The Good Fight

^^ I couldn't agree more! smile

https://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.png
https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=9c3d70de238ebfb2f7ddda60d4ab6e5e
https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/4815162342.gif
https://widgets.trakt.tv/users/1052a0e024e050a140d1f4b950dcc292/watched/thin@1x.jpg