1,201 (edited by ArniVidar 2019-03-13 02:32:07)

Re: Features/Improvements Requests

zewker wrote:

Watched movies still generate notifications. Is this intentional?

I sure hope so. I want to be notified of HD releases regardless of whether I've seen the movies smile

Sus wrote:

I would love to be able to tag movies like we can with TV shows.  I think it's a great feature.

Will be done!

zewker wrote:

Watched movies still generate notifications. ( Site notification: When a movie from my movies is scene released in HD)
Is this intentional?

You're right, watched movies should be excluded from this. Will fix!

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e

Is it possible to offset certain shows on the calendar? I use the Offset air dates by 1 day feature currently but certain shows are always available the day before (like Showtime shows).

Is it possible to display more days on the monthly calendar (similar to how old fashioned organizers would add the first week of the next month to Month at a Glance)? I always look ahead a week to see if a show is airing next week and what the title is. This would be useful at the end of the month when only the remaining days in the month are displayed.

VideoBubby wrote:

Is it possible to display more days on the monthly calendar (similar to how old fashioned organizers would add the first week of the next month to Month at a Glance)? I always look ahead a week to see if a show is airing next week and what the title is. This would be useful at the end of the month when only the remaining days in the month are displayed.

I've missed that and was about to suggest that too!

Thanks for the suggestion about the calendar.

Though I don't see it happening soon, I'll keep that in mind for when this page gets an update!

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e

santah wrote:
zewker wrote:

Watched movies still generate notifications. ( Site notification: When a movie from my movies is scene released in HD)
Is this intentional?

You're right, watched movies should be excluded from this. Will fix!

Umh.. just because I've watched a movie (as in, seen it at the movies) it doesn't mean I don't want to know when it's released in HD. Please don't "fix" this!

Or make it an option smile

Actually it has already been "fixed" ... smile

Arni, it doesn't make much sense to notify somebody about a movie they've already seen.

I can see how someone may want to know anyway, but for the majority of people - it'll be an annoyance rather than a useful notification.

santah wrote:

Arni, it doesn't make much sense to notify somebody about a movie they've already seen.

I can see how someone may want to know anyway, but for the majority of people - it'll be an annoyance rather than a useful notification.

So you're saying nobody goes to the theater and then wants to download the HD movie at home to watch it again? Nonsense!

If you want to change it, at least make it an option. You're basically degrading the usability of the movies section for me. I use it to monitor what I've seen AND what I've downloaded. Those two things are mutually exclusive.
Not being notified of HD releases is no bueno. smile

Also, this has been working like this since the inception of the HD notifications, and nobody's complained until now. I'd argue that if this "majority" of yours was bothered by it, you'd have received more complaints by now big_smile

Love the new home page. It would be great if we could tag from it. smile

WebWeaver64 wrote:

What new homepage? smile

ArniVidar wrote:

Also, this has been working like this since the inception of the HD notifications, and nobody's complained until now. I'd argue that if this "majority" of yours was bothered by it, you'd have received more complaints by now big_smile

If I had thought of it upfront - it wouldn't have been "working like this" since the inception of the HD notifications.

I changed it not only because somebody complained, but also because I think it makes more sense than how it worked so far.

I'd love for more users to chime in here ...

1,212 (edited by lighton 2019-03-28 16:29:03)

santah wrote:

I changed it not only because somebody complained, but also because I think it makes more sense than how it worked so far.

I'd love for more users to chime in here ...

When I watch a movie on the big screen I'm virtually never interested in the following HD release, so I won't notice this recent change.

If you want more feedback you could ask for it in the next "News" post. This discussion is easy to miss, being on Page 49 of a thread most users probably won't read. smile

lighton wrote:

This discussion is easy to miss, being on Page 49 of a thread most users probably won't read

Well, it's also on the "Latest topics from the forums" on the homepage, but yeah, I'll probably bundle it with something else in a news post eventually ...

santah wrote:
WebWeaver64 wrote:

What new homepage? smile

I don't remember the home page looking as it does with just my shows in little boxes with tomorrow and yesterday, but maybe I just never looked at it signed in smile

I used to live from the calendar page, but now I just use the home page. If those boxes could be tied to our episodes page, when I'm looking to see what to look for, and then find to download, it would be great if I could just tick the box there.

Thanks for the great work, I love this site, and all that it helps me with and to do.

I wanted to go through my Ignored Shows list and clear/edit the list, but each time I remove a show from the list, the page needs to reload and I need to click Show Shows again. With a couple hundred entries on the list, that's seriously painful. Is there any way to make editing that list better? Perhaps just stopping it from reloading at every click of the X, or something?

How about Ctrl+click it so it would open in a background tab and you can proceed to the next item.

When you're finished - simply close all additional tabs.

Not reloading the page is better way to do it, obviously, and will eventually evolve to be that way.

1,217 (edited by ArniVidar 2019-04-07 17:15:59)

santah wrote:

How about Ctrl+click it so it would open in a background tab and you can proceed to the next item.

Hey, I didn't think of that. That certainly helps a lot, thanks!

But now that I've X-ed out 175 shows and I've only finished the A's, I'm starting to think that maybe having a "Clear List" button (and an "Are You Sure?" warning) might be a good solution. It's much simpler to clear the list and then add the few shows I want back on it, rather than manually clearing what looks to be well over 1000 shows hmm

Right, I'll keep it in mind.

1,219 (edited by jaegan438 2019-04-19 03:58:06)

Just wanted to refloat the idea of extending the "strip date from search" option to strip other bracketed info (particularly networks).  We discussed it a bit last year (posts 1082-1089 of this topic thread for anyone interested), but afaik it didn't get implemented.  The new show "In the Dark (CW)" is my current thorn-in-the-side for searching.

jaegan438 wrote:

Just wanted to refloat the idea of extending the "strip date from search" option to strip other bracketed info (particularly networks).  We discussed it a bit last year (posts 1082-1089 of this topic thread for anyone interested), but afaik it didn't get implemented.  The new show "In the Dark (CW)" is my current thorn-in-the-side for searching.

I'll address this soon. Hopefully as soon as next week!

Hey, is there any way to mark an episode as "skipped"? Some shows have lots of specials I don't want to watch, others are anthology series and I don't want to watch all the seasons, etc. It would be great to be able to mark these as skipped so they don't clutter my view of what I need to watch, but I can still see them later if I decide to go back and watch them. Thanks!

asn62 wrote:

Hey, is there any way to mark an episode as "skipped"?

Not for now, no ...