Topic: Manifest

Why do the american TV stations keep stopping a series with no ending and probably no possibility of a second series. I've Just watched 16 episodes of Manifest and it ended with a big cliffhanger and no conclusion. Felt like throwing the TV out of the window

It really P*&*&d me off

Re: Manifest

Is it canceled?

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=133ba59597f9a4f2f96f73177a621cd8

Re: Manifest

Moze wrote:

Is it canceled?

All I can gather is that no decision has been made.

This is what Digital Spy said "no word yet on the fate of season two, don't expect to see a trailer anytime soon"

Re: Manifest

I won't miss it.  It's a bit crap, isnt' it?

That's the second biggest X I've ever seen.

Re: Manifest

graybags wrote:

I won't miss it.  It's a bit crap, isnt' it?

Nope, it isn't big_smile

Re: Manifest

Ic, i thought it had ok ratings?

Anyways the show was surprisingly entertaining, I was expecting a crappy Lost remake, instead it was a mediocre Lost remake with a different "strange" concept.

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=133ba59597f9a4f2f96f73177a621cd8

Re: Manifest

The trailer didn't convince me so I didn't watch the show... but the ratings at https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8421350/ are surprisingly good!

Re: Manifest

lighton wrote:

The trailer didn't convince me so I didn't watch the show... but the ratings at https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8421350/ are surprisingly good!

I have never trusted IMDB ratings. Missed quite a few movies because the ratings said it sucked but turned out the movies were pretty decent.

I like Manifest. I want to know what is behind the people on that plane and the dude from the cave. That one guy from the submerged truck  threw me a curve ball.

Re: Manifest

g371 wrote:
graybags wrote:

I won't miss it.  It's a bit crap, isnt' it?

Nope, it isn't big_smile

Yes, it is big_smile

That's the second biggest X I've ever seen.

Re: Manifest

inkblot wrote:
lighton wrote:

The trailer didn't convince me so I didn't watch the show... but the ratings at https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8421350/ are surprisingly good!

I have never trusted IMDB ratings. Missed quite a few movies because the ratings said it sucked but turned out the movies were pretty decent.

It's true that one might miss a movie, but on average I found that the ratings work me. Example: Before always checking IMDB ratings I once accidentally watched an Uwe Boll movie, and it WAS SO SO SO BAD, it was like a personal betrayal, I couldn't believe how people would finance and shoot and market such crap! Worst time spent EVER!

Re: Manifest

lighton wrote:
inkblot wrote:
lighton wrote:

The trailer didn't convince me so I didn't watch the show... but the ratings at https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8421350/ are surprisingly good!

I have never trusted IMDB ratings. Missed quite a few movies because the ratings said it sucked but turned out the movies were pretty decent.

It's true that one might miss a movie, but on average I found that the ratings work me. Example: Before always checking IMDB ratings I once accidentally watched an Uwe Boll movie, and it WAS SO SO SO BAD, it was like a personal betrayal, I couldn't believe how people would finance and shoot and market such crap! Worst time spent EVER!

Up to 2005, when the law changed, Germany used tax measures to incentivise film investment. Essentially, a tax break of 100% for investment and also a write off of any banking fees associated if you chose to borrow the investment funds. The only tax you would pay on the invested sum was on any profits made by the film (which, of course, was not particularly common for a Uwe Boll film).

So, by borrowing the investment from a bank, a wealthy individual could write off the majority of their tax bill and usually reclaim at least 50% from movie profits. Essentially, they halved their tax bill by investing.

Purpotedly, Uwe Boll had his own tax shelter fund at the time and utilised this extensively to fund the majority of his films.

...where did I put that rat's ass I could give?

Daemons are benevolent or benign nature spirits, beings of the same nature as both mortals and gods, similar to ghosts, chthonic heroes, spirit guides, forces of nature or the gods themselves.

Re: Manifest

> a tax break of 100% for investment and also a write off of any banking fees associated if you chose to borrow the investment funds

Ah, that explains it... 100% is crazy! No wonder people like Boll produced as much as they could.

13

Re: Manifest

Though my calendar says today is March 26th....

O   F   F   I   C   I   A   L          S   T   A   T   U   S
As of March 27, 2019, Manifest has not been cancelled or renewed for a second season. Stay tuned for further updates.

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/mani … eason-two/

I reckon it may return.