Topic: Can an update be done sooner?

Sorry if this is wrong to ask but here are my reasons for doing so.  I am a volunteer on another site that apparently uses your season and episode titles and descriptions when looking for such information.  And I know that you use TVMaze to fill out that info.  I just spent the last hour and a half with TVMaze to get the season, titles and descriptions corrected for "Disappeared".  Now I need to go back to the site I volunteer at and update 8 seasons of information on that show and it would be much faster if I could just "grab" that information with the automated process we use than to add all that information manually because it's still messed up here, while waiting for the next update on your page.

If it can't be updated sooner then I apologize for asking and wasting your time.

Thanks for any help.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Re: Can an update be done sooner?

oops, I think I might have posted this question in the wrong area.  If so, then I am sincerely sorry.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

No worries.

Different shows update from different sources (tvmaze or thetvdb) because sometimes they are tracked better on one or the other (depending on what users report).

Disappeared updates from thetvdb.com (you can find out where a show updates from by going to the show page and checking out the link next to imdb and tv.com in the More Info section - if the link is to thetvdb - then it updates from there, if it's tvmaze - well, you get the idea).

Which is the site you're volunteering on?

Cheers!

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e

Santah,

I volunteer on Dare TV and am the only active updater, linker and content adder, other than the owner.  Guess I have to go over to tvdb and explain to them the correct order of the episodes which TVMaze and I retrieved right from the show page on Investigation Discovery.  Hopefully it'll be straightened out before I finish updating all of the seasons and episodes saving me at least some time.  smile  Thanks for the information.

cassie

5 (edited by ChrystalGuess 2017-07-10 04:04:46)

cassiereroni wrote:

Sorry if this is wrong to ask but here are my reasons for doing so.  I am a volunteer on another site that apparently uses your season and episode titles and descriptions when looking for such information.  And I know that you use TVMaze to fill out that info.  I just spent the last hour and a half with TVMaze to get the season, titles and descriptions corrected for "Disappeared".  Now I want to play on vogueplay com uk, the site I volunteer at and update 8 seasons of information on that show and it would be much faster if I could just "grab" that information with the automated process we use than to add all that information manually because it's still messed up here, while waiting for the next update on your page.

If it can't be updated sooner then I apologize for asking and wasting your time.

Thanks for any help.

Seems like this problem becomes pretty common nowadays D:
I've a friend that volunteers on the other similar site and he was complaining about those issues too.

For me , I am used to wait , and sometimes even forgot it . Haha