Topic: Jews

A while ago, my girlfriend gave me one of those DNA tests (not the Maury type ones) where you can find out more about your heritage.

It turns out I'm partially jewish. Now, you might say, jewishness isn't an ethnicity, it's a religion and yes, that is partially true but it also has its roots in the Ashkenazi ethnicity - I'm not gonna talk about the irony that this term carries - so it's not JUST a religion.

Since then I've been to NYC, bought a minorah (which was 50% off ... we went there right after hanukkah and Target had a sale) and got a yamukah from my sister for christmas (again, aware of the irony). Actually, the yamukah has Star Wars ships on it, so I'm not sure how angry god will be with that but either way ... found out I'm a little jewish ... embracing it ... level of self-doubt and cynicism has developed - some say appropriately - unfavorably & accordingly since.

Re: Jews

BenTheJew  smile

Had to laugh about the first irony part wink

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=Watchlist&kk=276008292d78a1f619f8bbc10840767b

So if you are just partially, you could say that you are jew-ish lol

...where did I put that rat's ass I could give?

Daemons are benevolent or benign nature spirits, beings of the same nature as both mortals and gods, similar to ghosts, chthonic heroes, spirit guides, forces of nature or the gods themselves.

Daemonius wrote:

wow ... gotta admit. Genius.

BenTheMan wrote:
Daemonius wrote:

wow ... gotta admit. Genius.

Wow - long time! Where have you been hiding??

Brothers! What we do in life...Echoes in Eternity!

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=9a35ebe93d371275706bdebcafefaa47

I wasn't hiding really, just didn't have the energy to keep posting in a forum that was less frequented (and a lot of boring TV Show talk, not sure why people gotta do that).

Now I'm back. With an agenda.

7 (edited by markkNL 2017-02-24 19:19:29)

So, because somewhere along the line someone in your ancestral family has been a jew, you are going to do/buy some jewish stuff? If you go back far enough you will find that you come from monkeys/apes (like we all do), are you now going to buy bananas and fling your own feces as well?

Edit: This is not to troll or anything, I just don't get how finding that out might change your life so much that you would actually do things related to it.

BenTheMan wrote:

With an agenda.

Shit.

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e

markkNL wrote:

So, because somewhere along the line someone in your ancestral family has been a jew, you are going to do/buy some jewish stuff? If you go back far enough you will find that you come from monkeys/apes (like we all do), are you now going to buy bananas and fling your own feces as well?

Edit: This is not to troll or anything, I just don't get how finding that out might change your life so much that you would actually do things related to it.

I dont know man, I'm just happy to be a part of something new. It hasn't really changey my life, except for the fact that I say oy wey and achhh a lot more now.

Shockingly I actually have purchased bananas before ... not sure that was the best example. Same goes for the feces move. Was younger then though.

The test also showed I'm possibly a little native american or eastern asian. My heart says native american.