Topic: The CW Mega Crossover

Word is:

The CW mega crossover is scheduled to air the week of November 28. It starts during the last few minutes of Supergirl (no need to watch the entire ep), continues on The Flash, then Arrow, and concludes on Legends of Tomorrow.

Re: The CW Mega Crossover

The arrow mega crossover episode was

SPOILER Show
shit

I respectfully disagree; it was a piece of fun TV, and was entertaining.  Was it classic TV? No, but I didn't expect it to be, it lived up to my expectations pretty much.

Patrician wrote:

I respectfully disagree; it was a piece of fun TV, and was entertaining.  Was it classic TV? No, but I didn't expect it to be, it lived up to my expectations pretty much.

I agree.

You’ve got to help me! I’m a victim of society!

It was actually good fun to watch. Seems putting all of them together actually made everyone better, except for Flash. Flash is always good, regardless of where they put him. smile

yeah i really enjoyed it. also liked what they did to the title sequences.

"city morgue, you kill em, we chill em"

I meant, only the Arrow episode of the crossover wasn't very good imo. the others were good

inexkecible wrote:

I meant, only the Arrow episode of the crossover wasn't very good imo. the others were good

That's fine, it's your opinion and that's what these forums are all about.

You’ve got to help me! I’m a victim of society!

inexkecible wrote:

The Arrow episode worked well as its 100 episode special (which it was) but as part of the cross over event I didn't think it was great.

I dropped legends because i didn't like the show... and now was forced to watch at least 1 episode again....making me want to catch up with the rest of it...

god damn, #lackoftime

Well, my first impression wasn't the most palatable. I moved the start up about 40 minutes on Supergirl to the part where the crossover was supposed to begin and was (mis)treated to a big fat girl on girl lesbian kiss scene which I didn't enjoy having in my face (gross gags). Next I watched Arrow not realizing I was supposed to go to Flash first.  Though I dissed Arrow a while back I enjoyed the show for the crossover entertainment and the characters.  After watching it is when I realized I'd gotten out of the crossover order and then thought I might just watch Flash later to see what I'd missed but I never did.  I watched Legends and it was ok.
I resisted watching Flash I suppose because I'd seen what went just before and just after it.  I dunno.  It all came and went, end of , sorta.

LuC wrote:

Well, my first impression wasn't the most palatable. I moved the start up about 40 minutes on Supergirl to the part where the crossover was supposed to begin and was (mis)treated to a big fat girl on girl lesbian kiss scene which I didn't enjoy having in my face (gross gags). Next I watched Arrow not realizing I was supposed to go to Flash first.  Though I dissed Arrow a while back I enjoyed the show for the crossover entertainment and the characters.  After watching it is when I realized I'd gotten out of the crossover order and then thought I might just watch Flash later to see what I'd missed but I never did.  I watched Legends and it was ok.
I resisted watching Flash I suppose because I'd seen what went just before and just after it.  I dunno.  It all came and went, end of , sorta.

I stopped taking your comment seriously after you said you almost puked because two women kissed.... Homophobic much?

13 (edited by proteinnerd 2016-12-17 02:42:19)

LuC wrote:

Well, my first impression wasn't the most palatable. .

You skipped 40 minutes of Supergirl
Stopped watching the Arrow series a while ago (presumably cause you don't enjoy it) but then watched this episode.
Skipped the Flash episode altogether
watched the Legends episode

...and you wonder why you didn't enjoy the event lol

Also Homophobia aside, you managed to not watch the best episode of the event.

Which episodes do i have to watch for this crossover?

HomerS_1 wrote:

Supergirl 2x8    Nov 28, 2016    Medusa (1)
The Flash 3x8    Nov 29, 2016    Invasion! (2)
Arrow 5x8    Nov 30, 2016    Invasion! (3)
DC's Legends of Tomorrow 2x7    Dec 01, 2016    Invasion! (4)

...where did I put that rat's ass I could give?

Daemons are benevolent or benign nature spirits, beings of the same nature as both mortals and gods, similar to ghosts, chthonic heroes, spirit guides, forces of nature or the gods themselves.

Daemonius wrote:
HomerS_1 wrote:

Supergirl 2x8    Nov 28, 2016    Medusa (1)
The Flash 3x8    Nov 29, 2016    Invasion! (2)
Arrow 5x8    Nov 30, 2016    Invasion! (3)
DC's Legends of Tomorrow 2x7    Dec 01, 2016    Invasion! (4)

Thank you kind sir.

I just watched DC's Legends Of Tomorrow S03E08 -- and I am ticked/confused.
Apparently, watching a bunch of other shows -- in proper sequence -- is a requirement to "get it". 

I didn't, and therefore, I don't "get it".

I stopped watching some of those other ones for my own reasons.

A forewarning of some sort on the Home Page would be greatly appreciated.

gregnegy wrote:

Apparently, watching a bunch of other shows -- in proper sequence -- is a requirement to "get it". 

Don't know if that is possible but usually when there are similar crossovers, there is a number in parenthesis after episode title.

...where did I put that rat's ass I could give?

Daemons are benevolent or benign nature spirits, beings of the same nature as both mortals and gods, similar to ghosts, chthonic heroes, spirit guides, forces of nature or the gods themselves.

This cross over (Crisis on Earth X) was a lot of fun, much better than last years cross over.

I was confused when i watched The Flash 3x08 aswell.

The correct order would be:

Supergirl 3x08                     (1)
Arrow 3x08                         (2)
The Flash 3x08                    (3)
Legends of Tomorrow 3x08   (4)

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=Watchlist&kk=276008292d78a1f619f8bbc10840767b

Yeah, this is a problem a crossover of this size

I don't watch Arrow or Supergirl any more but this don't actually matter too much if you have the basic stories (Flash is becoming formulaic as well actually)

They tried ti inject (bad) humour this year - detracts from the shows

You can, however, follow the story properly if you understand the characters

Last year's crossover was much easier to watch, the year before even better done as it launched Legends (got issues with that now though)

In the DC Universe Crisis is a huge plotline only surpassed by FlashPoint (they wimpled out on that one last year)

DCs flix have been rough recently (Wonder Woman being a notable change from the downward trend)

They're doing a FlashPoint Movie I understand - there's an animated version available that tells the story well

I don't wanna spoil anything for those of you who don't know the storylines but this was a reboot of DC in the same way Civil War was for Marvel (comics, not film)

Daemonius wrote:
gregnegy wrote:

Don't know if that is possible but usually when there are similar crossovers, there is a number in parenthesis after episode title.

Unless you're a newcomer to this site I always assumed that was common knowledge. It should be as plain as day in your acquired episodes list, under Episodes. From there you should always take notice to the number in parenthesis next to the episode title (The Flash being the exception with "Part 3"), regardless of the series. It's the first thing I look for when I decide to binge a series. When it comes to the CWDC lineup I always tend to binge all four series in episode order, one after another, the way they were meant to be watched in succession. You never know when one might come across those unofficial lingering events and/or cameo appearances.

I did end up hitting a snag last season with DC LoT because of the switch from Thursdays to Tuesdays. That's my fault though, should've paid more attention to the info @next-episode. tongue

https://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.png
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=9c3d70de238ebfb2f7ddda60d4ab6e5e
http://pile.randimg.net/0/198/49621/next-episode.png
https://widgets.trakt.tv/users/1052a0e024e050a140d1f4b950dcc292/watched/thin@1x.jpg

23 (edited by inkblot 2017-12-01 22:43:54)

I only watch legends. And when that crossover BS hit my screen I turned it off. It was very poorly done, and confusing. A lot of people I know do not watch all those shows and they were confused as well. My wife watches only arrow.

I hate poorly done crossovers. They did not prep legends for it. They just threw us in and figured we swim on our own. I chose to drown. That will teach them bastards.

Its not rocket science, when the credits start and they look completely different and it says Crisis on Earth X rather than The Flash or whatever it was pretty obvious what was going on and it took all of about 10 seconds to look up the order.....thats what happened with me. I don't watch all of them anymore but when I saw this at the beginning of The Flash ... like I said, its not rocket science.

Nope. Thats not what the guide on my tv said. It said DC legends of tomorrow. Good try. If I want to watch arrow, supergirl or the flash I will watch them. But I don't. And I prefer not to have that crap in a show I like.