376 (edited by Lollie 2015-07-27 19:48:17)

Re: Suggest TV Series

ioanna23 wrote:

Anyone have any suggestions of decent supernatural/fantasy type shows? Think magic, vampires, werewolves, monsters, etc.
Or limited sci-fi w/fantasy (so no SG-type stuff, more like the 100, Revolution, Tomorrow People, etc.)?

Unfortunately, it feels like I've seen almost everything decent(ish) in this genre and I need something to fill the summer... sad

Trying to find things not in your list here. American Horror Story (various myths and spooks).The Walking Dead (zombies). Z Nation (zombies). Deadbeat (ghost/psychic comedy).Zoo (mostly silly, pseudo science).

Everything else is in your list or no longer running.

Did you ever watch Firefly? Or Lexx? or Farscape? All are interesting.

You could also work your way through old episodes of Tales From the Crypt. Or Red Dwarf.

http://s4.imgload.info/8s56kr3x7jgk1sv.png

Re: Suggest TV Series

Lollie wrote:

Trying to find things not in your list here. American Horror Story (various myths and spooks).The Walking Dead (zombies). Z Nation (zombies). Deadbeat (ghost/psychic comedy).Zoo (mostly silly, pseudo science).

Everything else is in your list or no longer running.

Did you ever watch Firefly? Or Lexx? or Farscape? All are interesting.

You could also work your way through old episodes of Tales From the Crypt. Or Red Dwarf.

Thanks very much!

Deadbeat looks good from the trailer - will give that a go. Never quite got into the whole zombie thing (except iZombie but that's quite different), though I should probably give TWD a chance at some point considering how popular it is...

Re the sci-fi shows, Firefly yes, the others no (not the biggest fan of 'proper' sci-fi), but thanks anyway.

Tales from the Crypt is probably a little too old, though if you know of any others no longer running (late 90's on) I'd still be grateful. Actually I probably prefer ended/cancelled shows for binge-watching, as you don't have to wait for the finale smile

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=23d4ab0c4146f09a8299cb731511116b

378 (edited by Lollie 2015-07-27 21:01:28)

Re: Suggest TV Series

Well Lexx and Farscape are both edging on the weird, they aren't just sci fi. I picked them because of their weirdness which you just might like given your fondness for the supernatural/horror. Just give them a shot (watch a few shows of each, from the very first episodes). The Lexx story is very creepy and dark, with loads of horror elements. And Farscape has the muppets!

I have similar tastes to yours, I'll try to dust out my memory for you and see if I can think up other old ish series....how about The Twilght Zone (2002 on)?

Here's a good one that just ended - Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell.

There's also Scream, and Stitchers if you get really desperate - none of them will be what you really are looking for, but they're there if you need them. Not exactly recommended, more a stopgap.

Okay that should keep you going for a bit smile  Also looks like there'll be a few new shows coming up soon ish too.

http://s4.imgload.info/8s56kr3x7jgk1sv.png

379 (edited by ioanna23 2015-07-27 20:55:17)

Re: Suggest TV Series

Lollie wrote:

Well Lexx and Farscape are both edging on the weird, they aren't just sci fi. I picked them because of their weirdness which you just might like given your fondness for the supernatural/horror. Just give them a shot (watch a few shows of each, from the very first episodes).

I have similar tastes to yours, I'll try to dust out my memory for you and see if I can think up other old ish series....how about The Twilght Zone (2002 on)?

Here's a good one that just ended - Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell.

There's also Scream, and Stitchers if you get really desperate - none of them will be what you really are looking for, but they're there if you need them. Not exactly recommended, more a stopgap.

Okay that should keep you going for a bit smile Also looks like there'll be a few new shows coming up soon ish too.

Indeed and thanks again - this should delay the TV withdrawal symptoms for a while... big_smile And yes, can't wait for Sept/Oct, looks like there's a pretty decent lineup to come

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=23d4ab0c4146f09a8299cb731511116b

380 (edited by Lollie 2015-07-28 07:54:36)

Re: Suggest TV Series

np - you have a few good shows there to work through smile Let me know if you like any of the shows.

http://s4.imgload.info/8s56kr3x7jgk1sv.png

381

Re: Suggest TV Series

Can anyone sugest a show for me?

Serier

Re: Suggest TV Series

The Shield.

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/OrlandoNEP.png

Re: Suggest TV Series

Has anyone seen travelers yet? I've heard good things but havent managed to catch an episode yet.

Travelers

Re: Suggest TV Series

proteinnerd wrote:

Has anyone seen travelers yet? I've heard good things but havent managed to catch an episode yet.
Travelers

Not bad so far.
For comedy try: The Good Place, really funny

DRM "manages access" in the same way that Prison "manages freedom".
http://xkcd.com/488/

385

Re: Suggest TV Series

Orlando wrote:

The Shield.

Already see, forgotten fo add to watchlist.

Serier

Re: Suggest TV Series

Can you give me your next ep profile? On the main page there's hey there [username]!, click the username and paste the url here. Will make browising through your watchlist much easier.

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/OrlandoNEP.png

Re: Suggest TV Series

Well, now that the users on the site and the forum are unified, that's pretty easy actually:

https://next-episode.net/user/Weiii

big_smile

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e

Re: Suggest TV Series

Ah, right, right.

So, you want comedy or drama? Or both? Western animations? Anime? What's your fancy?

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/OrlandoNEP.png

Re: Suggest TV Series

Wizard wrote:
proteinnerd wrote:

Has anyone seen travelers yet? I've heard good things but havent managed to catch an episode yet.
Travelers

Not bad so far.
For comedy try: The Good Place, really funny

I would just like to point out.  FFS Universe it's spelt Travellers. There are 2 "L"s in that word. "when a word ends in el double the L and add er" I think that was grade 3? maybe grade 4?

Re: Suggest TV Series

Justaguy wrote:
Wizard wrote:
proteinnerd wrote:

Has anyone seen travelers yet? I've heard good things but havent managed to catch an episode yet.
Travelers

Not bad so far.
For comedy try: The Good Place, really funny

I would just like to point out.  FFS Universe it's spelt Travellers. There are 2 "L"s in that word. "when a word ends in el double the L and add er" I think that was grade 3? maybe grade 4?

The Americans do that do lots of words, i.e. canceled.  It's annoying yes, but what can you do?

You’ve got to help me! I’m a victim of society!

Re: Suggest TV Series

Justaguy wrote:

FFS Universe it's spelt Travellers.

Hmmmm.

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/OrlandoNEP.png