Re: The new layout

Daemonius wrote:

I hardly ever use the front page. Looks good to me.

+1 except for having a quick glance of what is shown today from my watchlist and I don't have 10 shows a day... as... I have a life too. He he.

My only comment would be that the season/episode number doesn't blend well in a thumbnail like this. Should be by the title or something like that. More easy to catch.

That there is a controversy only for this though is ridiculous and a few comments on the news should be flagged as "users you don't need to care about" as harsh as it may sound.

Myka : You slept with her didn't you ?
Pete : Well... you... you told me to investigate ok ? So... she's unarmed.

In fact, about the season/episode number, just like the Test site http://s255443338.websitehome.co.uk/ne/

|---------|Show name
|---------|
|---------|Episode Name
|---------|Season: 5, Episode: 6

Myka : You slept with her didn't you ?
Pete : Well... you... you told me to investigate ok ? So... she's unarmed.

I Think its worse, not much but alittle. You cant fix perfection basically and your site is so simple good looking and easy as is.

Quinlan wrote:

In fact, about the season/episode number, just like the Test site http://s255443338.websitehome.co.uk/ne/

Must say i do like the layout/design of the test site

Had a look at the test site, I really like the layout and design... The sections standout well, every section is contained and fits nicely. I'm in!!
ZeB

apples wrote:
santah wrote:

through an option in your homepage settings

you may or may not be aware of this, but one of the more persistent conspiracy theories on N-E is that you and Nickuk are the same person. can you confirm or deny this?

also, i tried the new layout, it went ok.

Always wanted to be part of a conspiracy theory smile

Is this an Apples conspiracy theory or are there more of you......

Katy wrote:

any chance we can come up with new icons - make them more obvious what show they are as little small atm

Tried bigger, and while they're easier to recognize - only 2 bigger can fit on a row, making it a ton less functional and harder to use.

Will play a bit more with the thumbnail size though ...

33 (edited by colinsp 2013-06-07 05:37:14)

I like the layout of the test site too much better than the alternative on the live site. Whilst you are playing with alternative designs, something I have asked about in the past what about highlighting s01e01 / Pilot so that we don't miss a new show?

I like the new layout but I prefer the old one. I think it's good to have such option although I don't know if this should be the default.

All in all, I see most of us are conservative, we like what we're used to smile

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s450/Osiris_Wesir/worthwatch_zpsb42c769a.jpg

santah wrote:
Katy wrote:

any chance we can come up with new icons - make them more obvious what show they are as little small atm

Tried bigger, and while they're easier to recognize - only 2 bigger can fit on a row, making it a ton less functional and harder to use.

Will play a bit more with the thumbnail size though ...

Oh that sucks, redesign small thumbnails an option or not?

I like the new layout, especially since there are options to turn on features used in the older layout. Something for everyone. Myself, I never really liked all the listings of shows I did not watch. The new version, where you can show just first season shows, works because often you get tempted to try some of the new shows as the season goes on.

Nicely done.

Too cluttered - the original design is simple and easy to read and you can get all the details in an instant.  By all means offer the new one, but leave the old one available as you have currently done.

Back to old design for me aswell, to much clutter with the icons - can you make them scaleable?

They Call Me The "Jax Lovah!" Machine!
http://i.imgur.com/TMcgaKU.jpg

I'm still on new design and tbh hasn't made me once think about switching back.
I guess I have got past the point now where i would revert back and it will be staying

As far as i'm concerned, i like the new layout. I think it's because i have my settings for only shows from my watchlist to appear. Maybe for someone else with all shows (today/tommorow/yesterday) appearing will be difficult.

My Watchlist
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=8df04488f42411d9eab75dead36fb302

Why is the most important piece of information season/episode number the hardest to read?

Please make the season/episode (4x16) stand out....it is the primary reason I visit & love Next-Episode.

Everything else is a great improvement. Great Job.

42 (edited by RoboticMonkey 2013-06-10 06:15:27)

im missing the torrent links a made sad and i should do just one column big_smile nice work tho big_smile

there is a whole lot of space not used around the images that is not used big_smile