Re: The series finale *spoilers will probably be here*

I thought that was just telling her to be quiet and not attract the attention of any other Observers.

Suasor wrote:

I thought that was just telling her to be quiet and not attract the attention of any other Observers.

Maybe, but then when Olivia asks him what should she do, he just didn't answer? And if it is that simple why would he do it twice?

The writers did touch on the techniques the resistance developed to counter the Observer tech. They could have burned a lot more screen time to explain more of that, but they didn't. It's one of those decisions you constantly have to make putting shows like Fringe together.

I totally concur on the whole Olivia/Peter/Etta thing...it wasn't developed with any depth to make it matter to us.

Personally, I'd have resolved the show much differently too...I'd have focused almost entirely on Walter, and on some sort of existential resolution...one where the seeming problems of this universe could be resolved, and where Walter would proceed perhaps into another plane of existence that represents an even higher degree of fringiness...where only his consciousness could proceed or something...a plane where he would no longer be prone to the humanness that made him go mad, or to the humanness that made him fragile...he'd ascend truly into the domain of the gods...
Olivia and Peter would end up together...with emotional resolve, rather than a mere emotional do-over. It's not as though they go on past the show doing anything other than investigating and being awesome...anything else is just anti-climactic.

I think the worst decision they made with the show was to have the observers invade...it was totally contradictory to the representation of the observers prior to that point, and it made the show about conflict rather than about discovery...and discovery and pushing the edges of science and knowledge were the hook of the show from the beginning. It was man vs. man's limits...not man vs. enemies.
Effectively, they went from a drama version of the Big Bang Theory, to the Expendables, in terms of intellectual depth and plot-moving devices.

I'd have liked to see a reference to William Bell too...he was obviously the greater genius of the 2...and the more mysterious of the 2 as well...

But alas, I do not have a timeline altering technology wherewith I can fix what happened to the show.

-Rob

uhh. I'm sad that Fringe ended. Was a really awesome season 5.
I was really hoping to see the grownup Etta in the end, but as stated several times before this ending was predictable.

"Avenge Me."
"Judgment Day is inevitable."