1 (edited by marco1475 2012-07-09 04:09:02)

Topic: Season 8

I've thought the show jumped the shark around the time Nancy and her family left Agrestic. The show lost a lot of its low-key charm and absurd humor by raising the stakes. However, the twists and turns at the end of each season were thrilling enough as Nancy's predicament (and involvement in less white-collar and more hardcore-gangster crime) deepened that I kept coming back. Having said that I felt that the last two seasons (the road trip season 6 and post-prison season 7) were particularly bad and I was ready for the show to end.

Turns out that, at least the first episode of season 8, delivers on several fronts and we get not only a lot of laugh-out-loud moments, but also a great, introspective monologue from Andy that just might be the highlight of the past several seasons, if not the whole show. And the identity of the shooter is a nice surprise and a throwback to Weeds' glory days all in one. Maybe the show is going out with a bang and will make us miss it ...

+ show spoiler

If you are having a hard time remembering exactly who the shooter is: At the end of season one and throughout season two Nancy dated Peter Scottson, a DEA agent, who knew she was a drug dealer, but felt she was too small for the DEA to get involved. They got married in order to prevent Peter from testifying against Nancy. Peter had a small son with anger management issues who was bitten by Shane during Karate practice.

And if you can't remember what happened to Peter: At the end of season two Peter learned via a listening device that Nancy was having an affair with Conrad (he co-grower and Heylia's nephew) and that she was stringing him along just for the protection. Peter then demanded all of Nancy's cash from a quick-sale of her and Conrad's crop to U-Turn. However, during the sale Armenian mobsters, hired by Heylia who believed Peter would kill Conrad at the end of the deal, killed Peter and demanded the cash from the weed sale as payment for the hit. However, U-Turn wanted to steal the weed and not pay for it, which forced the Armenians to want to take the weed instead. However, Silas in an act of defiance for not being included in Nancy's business, took the weed "hostage" in his car (and was just stopped by Celia and the police for vandalism with his car about to be searched). Which left Nancy in one of the most memorable cliffhangers and Mexican standoffs in TV history ...

"We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go."
-- Colonel Tigh

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=6a46bed7e7b08a8ca752faaaa99a03bd

Re: Season 8

And just to prove me wrong the second episode of the eighth season is just as bad as the past two seasons have been. Sigh, when big things happen on Weeds, the show is phenomenal, but they happen rarely and the rest feels more and more like filler ...

"We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go."
-- Colonel Tigh

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=6a46bed7e7b08a8ca752faaaa99a03bd

Don't really agree on that last one. The second episode shows that as much as you want to change character, it just comes back biting you in the ass even if you don't realize it.

Sure there wasn't much happening but it still hinted on what's coming next.

+ show spoiler

Given how Shane is sort of particularly mentally damaged, seeing his grin when realizing who is the shooter is just epic. Pure GOTCHA moment. lol

Myka : You slept with her didn't you ?
Pete : Well... you... you told me to investigate ok ? So... she's unarmed.

I also disagree, while the first episode was mehish, the second one somehow had a charm to it, I dunno why even.

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/OrlandoNEP.png

S08E03

Fun - If they keep this up, it's going to be a nice season 8. Pity it's just 20 minutes. smile

Myka : You slept with her didn't you ?
Pete : Well... you... you told me to investigate ok ? So... she's unarmed.

4 eps down and I'm getting a bit bored of the sister, why couldn't she have been shot.  Never stops moaning

Possible spoiler

+ show spoiler

Looking forward to Shane and when he gets his revenge will he be good cop or bad cop :-D