1

Topic: Torchwood: Miracle Day

Starz Announces "Torchwood: Miracle Day" Premiere on Friday, July 8 at 10pm ET/PT

STARZ announced yesterday that "Torchwood: Miracle Day" will premiere on Friday, July 8th at 10pm ET/PT. The US installment of the BBC smash hit series will star Mekhi Phifer ("ER," "Lie to Me"), Bill Pullman (Independence Day, The Grudge) and, in an extended guest role, Lauren Ambrose ("Six Feet Under," The Other Woman) and is currently in production in Los Angeles.

Bill Pullman, who portrays Oswald Danes, a former school teacher and convicted child killer, and Phifer, join "Torchwood" alumni John Barrowman (Capt. Jack Harkness) and Eve Myles (Gwen Cooper) in the series. Also joining the cast are Alexa Havins (When in Rome, Fat Girls) as Esther Drummond, a deskbound CIA employee who dreams of active duty and who suddenly finds herself running alongside Jack, Gwen and Rex; and Arlene Tur ("Crash," Eat Pray Love) as Dr. Vera Juarez, a Washington D.C. surgeon, who finds herself on the frontline of medical care on "Miracle Day" advising the government think-tanks on the best course of action for the world's population.

Spoiler

Torchwood begins with a day when nobody dies. All across the world, nobody dies. And then the next day, and the next, and the next, people keep aging, they get hurt and sick, but they never die. The result: a population boom, overnight. With all the extra people, resources are finite. It's said that in four month's time, the human race will cease to be viable. But this can't be a natural event - someone's got to be behind it. It's a race against time as C.I.A. agent Rex Matheson investigates a global conspiracy. The answers lie within an old, secret British institute. As Rex keeps asking "What is Torchwood?," he's drawn into a world of adventure, and a threat to change what it means to be human, forever.

Source

This will be season 4 of 10 episodes smile

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2f78bbc2ae515f1a55746f794066001

2

Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day

hmm well thats good I thought it was going to be like last season with longer episodes but less of them

3

Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day

quite an ending... rather annoying... waiting and wanting more...

what doesn't kill you - hurts even more...

4

Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day

Well not that impressed with this season. But it was not bad especially considering there was baerly anything else on this summer that I wanted to watch.

I think they dragged this plot line out a bit too much. Heck at least it had originality which made it interesting on a whole.

5

Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day

Not as good as the other seasons.

DRM "manages access" in the same way that Prison "manages freedom".
http://xkcd.com/488/

6

Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day

Wizard wrote:

Not as good as the other seasons.

The other seasons? Season one and two kind of sucked... season three was awesome and this season was great...

7

Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day

Last 2 episode to me was the only redeeming quality of this season. Beginning took to long with the CIA trying to find out about Torchwood, and I get it being 'new' to Starz here in the US but having watched it from Season 1 and on I could have done without it.

The blonde CIA chick was a lot better in the last 2 episodes, I just wish it would have been like that for the first 8

8

Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day

This season was nowhere near "Children of Earth" and quite a let down. The finale made no sense what-so-ever. Like gaping logical holes - riddle me this:

Spoiler

Jack said himself - and we know this for a fact - that his blood isn't special. He is immortal because he is "unstuck in time" (to quote the Doctor), which means times doesn't really apply to him. His blood is normal, it isn't immortal; his being is, but not his blood. So the whole "priming" the Blessing with his blood goes against the show's own internal logic.

But even assuming that the way whatever keeps Jack unstuck in time knows to do that through his blood, i.e. it could be transferable, when Jack is injured his wounds heal. So now the writers are saying that somehow the Blessing took the "not dying" part from Jack's blood, but not the "healing wounds" part? It feels extremely arbitrary and, honestly, like lazy writing.

I assume that Rex's miraculous survival and healing at the end have nothing to do with Jack's blood in his veins and more to do with his being part of the "reset" of the blessing, but that will be shown in the next season, should there be one.

All in all the finale felt very lazy, illogical, and unsatisfactory.

"We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go."
-- Colonel Tigh

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=6a46bed7e7b08a8ca752faaaa99a03bd

9 (edited by Hr. Ulottuvuus 2011-09-12 06:51:30)

Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day

marco1475 wrote:

This season was nowhere near "Children of Earth" and quite a let down. The finale made no sense what-so-ever. Like gaping logical holes - riddle me this:

Spoiler

Jack said himself - and we know this for a fact - that his blood isn't special. He is immortal because he is "unstuck in time" (to quote the Doctor), which means times doesn't really apply to him. His blood is normal, it isn't immortal; his being is, but not his blood. So the whole "priming" the Blessing with his blood goes against the show's own internal logic.

But even assuming that the way whatever keeps Jack unstuck in time knows to do that through his blood, i.e. it could be transferable, when Jack is injured his wounds heal. So now the writers are saying that somehow the Blessing took the "not dying" part from Jack's blood, but not the "healing wounds" part? It feels extremely arbitrary and, honestly, like lazy writing.

I assume that Rex's miraculous survival and healing at the end have nothing to do with Jack's blood in his veins and more to do with his being part of the "reset" of the blessing, but that will be shown in the next season, should there be one.

All in all the finale felt very lazy, illogical, and unsatisfactory.

i disagree... your logic is a bit faulty...

what doesn't kill you - hurts even more...

10

Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day

Hr. Ulottuvuus wrote:
marco1475 wrote:

All in all the finale felt very lazy, illogical, and unsatisfactory.

i disagree... your logic is a bit faulty...

If only we had a place where we could exchange opinions for free from the comfort of our homes. Curse you, internet, why hath though forsaken us?!?

In other, non-sarcastic words, mind elaborating on that? If I am missing something / drawing the wrong conclusions, I'd love to know ...

"We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go."
-- Colonel Tigh

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=6a46bed7e7b08a8ca752faaaa99a03bd

11

Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day

marco1475 wrote:

This season was nowhere near "Children of Earth" and quite a let down. The finale made no sense what-so-ever. Like gaping logical holes - riddle me this:

Spoiler

Jack said himself - and we know this for a fact - that his blood isn't special. He is immortal because he is "unstuck in time" (to quote the Doctor), which means times doesn't really apply to him. His blood is normal, it isn't immortal; his being is, but not his blood. So the whole "priming" the Blessing with his blood goes against the show's own internal logic.

But even assuming that the way whatever keeps Jack unstuck in time knows to do that through his blood, i.e. it could be transferable, when Jack is injured his wounds heal. So now the writers are saying that somehow the Blessing took the "not dying" part from Jack's blood, but not the "healing wounds" part? It feels extremely arbitrary and, honestly, like lazy writing.

I assume that Rex's miraculous survival and healing at the end have nothing to do with Jack's blood in his veins and more to do with his being part of the "reset" of the blessing, but that will be shown in the next season, should there be one.

All in all the finale felt very lazy, illogical, and unsatisfactory.

Well, first off all you assume that it was Jack`s blood. When we don`t know if it just needed a big part of him. Like an arm would have the same effect, and it was just that blood felt symbolic for the writers, and fit with the story.

The wounds heal/ just not dying, could just be a limitation, and they said it was only part one of their plan. Or a second scenario is that the miracle saw that this man should have died a hundred times, but didn`t, and therefore the miracle copied the not dying part, but didn`t get the wounds heal part.

I do agree that Rex was just the miracle saving one last man, and that they could have written it better, but they weren`t completely off track.