Re: Star Trek: Picard

lighton wrote:

Isa Briones Exits 'Star Trek: Picard' Becoming Fourth Actor Not Returning for Season 3
https://collider.com/star-trek-picard-s … ones-exit/

wow that is surprising. the show seems to be flailing around

177 (edited by paisley1 2022-05-08 02:16:00)

@ All of you

One look at Wil Wheaton's stupid face and I'm laughing.  Knee jerk reaction.  Doesn't matter what.  So, every show that's boring should add Wil Wheaton, as far as I'm concerned.  Great for my inner Crow T. Robot.  The season was already quite comical (not in a good way), so it worked for me.

paisley1 wrote:

@ All of you

One look at Wil Wheaton's stupid face and I'm laughing.  Knee jerk reaction.  Doesn't matter what.  So, every show that's boring should add Wil Wheaton, as far as I'm concerned.  Great for my inner Crow T. Robot.  The season was already quite comical (not in a good way), so it worked for me.

Didnt he also turn up in an eps of the Big Bang Theory in a monkey suit. It seems these cameos are the only parts he gets these days?

merc wrote:
lighton wrote:

Isa Briones Exits 'Star Trek: Picard' Becoming Fourth Actor Not Returning for Season 3
https://collider.com/star-trek-picard-s … ones-exit/

wow that is surprising. the show seems to be flailing around

When a cast members isn't needed anymore (or is left in the past), doesn't it make sense for them to not return in the next season? Also, often there are scheduling conflicts. Maybe Alison Pill was needed elsewhere?

merc wrote:
paisley1 wrote:

One look at Wil Wheaton's stupid face and I'm laughing.  Knee jerk reaction.  Doesn't matter what.  So, every show that's boring should add Wil Wheaton, as far as I'm concerned.

Didnt he also turn up in an eps of the Big Bang Theory in a monkey suit. It seems these cameos are the only parts he gets these days?

Or maybe Wil Wheaton doesn't want/ need to act any more than he does?

180 (edited by paisley1 2022-05-08 18:37:32)

@Merc

Ya, Wil Wheaton was Sheldon's nemesis in Big Bang, that role really humanized Wil, playing an exaggerated version of himself.  lol

@Lighton

As far as want/need to act any more than he does, I just think Wil is super laid back, a bit of a geek/nerd, and lives his life kinda care free and as normal as he wants, because he was in Star Trek: The Next Generation, and reached the pinnacle of geekdom any child on planet earth could attain, he can coast by on that.  To be honest, good on him for it.  wink

I found season 1 very disappointing and almost gave up. I am glad I did not. I really enjoyed season 2 and looking forward to season 3.