1 (edited by imadsani 2018-05-16 10:58:57)

Topic: Lethal Weapon (Potential Spoilers)

So this is surprising

Previously, there were two known instances of bad behavior on set, prompting him to release a public apology on Twitter. Having been fired as a result of the renewal, Crawford posted a picture on Instagram offering his well wishes to the rest of the cast and congratulating them on the new season.

https://www.cbr.com/lethal-weapon-clayne-crawford-wishes-cast-good-luck/

I guess Riggs will be killed at the end of this season.

But cummon! Sean William Scott?! Seriously?

I can't see the same  on-screen chemistry with Murtaugh that Clayne (Martin Riggs) had

Re: Lethal Weapon (Potential Spoilers)

They should have just canceled the show. Clayne messed up and got fired, but he was the main actor carrying the show. Sidekick Wayans is a light weight actor and so is Scott, who isn’t gonna be able to live up to Clayne‘s lead role.

mapu wrote:

They should have just canceled the show. Clayne messed up and got fired, but he was the main actor carrying the show. Sidekick Wayans is a light weight actor and so is Scott, who isn’t gonna be able to live up to Clayne‘s lead role.

+1

4 (edited by davea0511 2018-11-16 04:16:38)

Clayne deserved to be fired.  Mean people suck.

It's a completely different show now, but I really like it because you know why?  Because before it was a show about guys for guys that was super good.  Now it's a cop show for anyone that's still pretty good.  Very different, but still enjoyable, at least for me.  A lot more laughs, and still plenty of action.  And you know what else?  I like watching shows with my wife.  She wasn't interested in the show before, and now she is.  So yeah, it's a bit of fluff compared to before, but really how much angst do you need in your life?  I've got enough already.  The show is more fun now, and Scott's not bad.  Now is Wayan's last season apparently ... I hope they put someone good in his place and keep it going.  Let it morph again, and if the new one ain't for me, so what?  I appreciate that they're reinventing themselves on the odd chance that the new thing reaches a new audience keeping the genre alive.

Info on being Wayans last season?

Easycore wrote:

Info on being Wayans last season?

The only thing I've read about Wayans leaving was that he wasn't interested in continuing after the original Season 2 order. I think that with the cast change, the show only got a 13 episode order and if the numbers held up, the chances for picking up the back 9 were good. He cited long hours and not being able to see his family. I have noticed that there hasn't been nearly the amount of night shoots this year compared to last.

I read that in early October but haven't seen anything since then. His issues have either been resolved or else they've figured out something else. I don't see them recasting him, but I guess it's possible.

As for the show, I think they did a pretty good job with replacing Clayne.  The show is essentially the same, as they replaced one lunatic character with a similar one. Both of the characters have complicated backgrounds, that makes for interesting storytelling. I actually like both of them, and all things remaining equal, like Wayans sticking around, the show could be around for a while.