301 (edited by merc 2021-12-03 21:00:23)

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

inkblot wrote:
Wizard wrote:

Nope, that's it for me.  I am dropping this show now.

I predicted most of what was going to happen, so either I have the gift of sight or it's very lazy and predictable writing. 

It started out OK, but has just gotten worse.


Same here. This is about as far away from Star Trek as possible. The woke agenda alone is agonizing enough. Bring back The Orville. That is more Trek than any Star Trek will ever be.

If I have to see any more tears or lesbians I will hang myself. Can I even say that now?

its not as bad or pretentious as "Invasion". Yes the characters are clearly on happy juice. And the woke binary person, that person with the short hair was last season and hoping that will be end of that. You will have to wait some time for Orville. Though The Expanse starts again - will that do? Though that black woman who got trapped in her space ship bomb last season I wish she not got out..

302

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

inkblot wrote:

If I have to see any more tears or lesbians I will hang myself. Can I even say that now?

Sure you can. I didn't notice any lesbians in the show though?

Still enjoying the show, but less tears would be okay too. cool

303

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

Wizard wrote:

Nope, that's it for me.  I am dropping this show now.

I predicted most of what was going to happen, so either I have the gift of sight or it's very lazy and predictable writing.

Yay, good for you!

It's both! You watch enough good TV to know what's going to happen, and know when the writing is lazy and predictable.

Words that describe Star Trek Discovery:  Derivative, Nauseating, Repellent. Ughh.

304 (edited by inkblot 2021-12-04 04:12:41)

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

Not sure if it was gay or lesbian.  I mean the only relationship that is believable is the doctor and engineer. I like those 2. But the tears in s1, s2 and so on, Plus as some have mentioned the blowy up special effects on the bridge are over the top. I did not think nano particles could do that. Or the parts that are not attached to anything, or the ship that changes shape like my butt during a #2. Come on.

Spoiler

and the main character that that just does what she feels, regardless of star fleet rules. I mean she Mutinied twice. And Tilly with the always ready to water at an instance eyes. Oh god. Its worse than a damn Soap.

And in general the characters are off. I can't put my finger on it. But has anyone seen anyone get mad yet?

The only reason I watch STD is because I have seen everything Trek. So too much time invested.

305 (edited by Suasor 2021-12-04 08:16:36)

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

Not to put too much of a pun on it, but I agree about The Woke of the Starship Discovery.
RIP, we hardly knew ye.

306

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

inkblot wrote:

Not sure if it was gay or lesbian.  I mean the only relationship that is believable is the doctor and engineer. I like those 2. But the tears in s1, s2 and so on, Plus as some have mentioned the blowy up special effects on the bridge are over the top. I did not think nano particles could do that. Or the parts that are not attached to anything, or the ship that changes shape like my butt during a #2. Come on.

Spoiler

and the main character that that just does what she feels, regardless of star fleet rules. I mean she Mutinied twice. And Tilly with the always ready to water at an instance eyes. Oh god. Its worse than a damn Soap.

And in general the characters are off. I can't put my finger on it. But has anyone seen anyone get mad yet?

The only reason I watch STD is because I have seen everything Trek. So too much time invested.

well last season the guy who did "The Burn" surly got a bit angry?

307 (edited by merc 2021-12-04 14:16:22)

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

Suasor wrote:

Not to put too much of a pun on it, but I agree about The Woke of the Starship Discovery.
RIP, we hardly knew ye.

I dont think the show is that woke, they are all just on happy juice. Now Supergirl that was bad for woke killed the show for me.

308

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

lighton wrote:
inkblot wrote:

If I have to see any more tears or lesbians I will hang myself. Can I even say that now?

Sure you can. I didn't notice any lesbians in the show though?

Tilly is one or will soon come out as one.

309 (edited by bellatrix1984 2021-12-04 16:43:32)

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

Star Trek went from being a "western in space" to being a "psychology of gay and queer relationships in space". I skip anything with this "actor" in it :

https://static.next-episode.net/actor-images/roles/65/star-trek-discovery.adira.jpg

just tedious and annoying drivel anytime this actor opens their mouth. The engineer and the doctor at least have some kind of chemistry, I don't think this actor even knows what "having chemistry" means. I think @merc is right, Tilley is either going to come out as a lesbian or pupate into a human butterfly.

I don't need toxic masculinity in Star Trek but a little masculinity in Star Trek would be nice. I think that's why we all liked seeing Spock and Pike, two males who weren't bending over for the pegging. Discovery will do for now but as soon as Strange New Worlds begins next year (hopefully) I will be dropping this show like a hot coal.

310 (edited by TheFizza 2021-12-07 11:00:25)

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

Wow... I watched this Ep at 2x the speed and it still would not end... OMG, it was painful... I really hope this is the last season of this because IDK how much longer my like for Michael & Suru will last at this rate.

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fe18e3ede310c4d0ddb3af64211e19ec

311

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

TheFizza wrote:

Wow... I watched this Ep at 2x the speed and it still would not end... OMG, it was painful... I really hope this is the last season of this because IDK how much longer my like for Michael & Suru will last at this rate.

I'm gonna tell you a secret... it is allowed to stop watching shows you don't like anymore mid-season! cool

312

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

Did they change writers or something?
It started going downhill middle of season 3 then just crashed.

https://whattowatchon.tv/star-trek-disc … -tt5171438

DRM "manages access" in the same way that Prison "manages freedom".
http://xkcd.com/488/

313

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

Wizard wrote:

Did they change writers or something?
It started going downhill middle of season 3 then just crashed.

https://whattowatchon.tv/star-trek-disc … -tt5171438

Wow... I'm not interested enough to google whether they did or not, but that is quite a drop! yikes

Btw: I hardly ever rate episodes (only shows), do you?

314

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

I don't normally rate episode other than "that was good/bad/meh", but it is interesting to see how the scores match up with what I think.

DRM "manages access" in the same way that Prison "manages freedom".
http://xkcd.com/488/

315

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

smile

316 (edited by merc 2021-12-07 14:47:08)

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

bellatrix1984 wrote:

Star Trek went from being a "western in space" to being a "psychology of gay and queer relationships in space". I skip anything with this "actor" in it :

https://static.next-episode.net/actor-images/roles/65/star-trek-discovery.adira.jpg

just tedious and annoying drivel anytime this actor opens their mouth. The engineer and the doctor at least have some kind of chemistry, I don't think this actor even knows what "having chemistry" means. I think @merc is right, Tilley is either going to come out as a lesbian or pupate into a human butterfly.

I don't need toxic masculinity in Star Trek but a little masculinity in Star Trek would be nice. I think that's why we all liked seeing Spock and Pike, two males who weren't bending over for the pegging. Discovery will do for now but as soon as Strange New Worlds begins next year (hopefully) I will be dropping this show like a hot coal.

actually they fluffed this one. Last season when she first appeared and told EVERY ONE she was binary and told us  her pronoun she said use "THEY" but remember she has all those other people in her so that is really accurate. So the series writers either were lampooning the trans/self id wokism or did not really have the strength of their convictions to go whole hog?


. The actor whose shows I will steer clear of is the actor who plays Dreamer the( real)  transwoman from Supergirl. easy as she aint in anything else yet

https://static.next-episode.net/actor-images/actors/89/nicole-amber-maines.jpg
https://static.next-episode.net/actor-images/roles/04/supergirl.nia-nal-dreamer.jpg

That character and following eps was a majpr rot set in with Supergirl, far worse than the butch girl

317 (edited by merc 2021-12-07 14:44:41)

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

lighton wrote:
TheFizza wrote:

Wow... I watched this Ep at 2x the speed and it still would not end... OMG, it was painful... I really hope this is the last season of this because IDK how much longer my like for Michael & Suru will last at this rate.

I'm gonna tell you a secret... it is allowed to stop watching shows you don't like anymore mid-season! cool

maybe but then you have a gnawing doubt that maybe it will pick up. I have only dropped 2 shows. That zombie world after tripe and also  that Zoe sing along Glee for adults show. ( oh it has come back for season 3).  Others like Supergirl and Flash I will wait until all the eps are in then binge watch them

318 (edited by fknl 2021-12-07 22:04:22)

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

Yes, I was enjoying this show too until they made it all "touchy feely" ... [edited by santah, please mind the tone and language]

If I have to censor myself then I'd rather not speak at all. But thanks for making a nice and useful website. I'm out, peace.

319

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

Wizard wrote:

Did they change writers or something?
It started going downhill middle of season 3 then just crashed.

https://whattowatchon.tv/star-trek-disc … -tt5171438

On the other hand, how did the first season get such good ratings with those awfully boring klingons and their stupid culture? Personally i thought this became watchable somewhere first after season 1, it all even literally became brighter then. But now they have kind of lost me again.

320

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

I loved pike. I am waiting for the spin off. But as for STD? No thank you.

The fact that the acronym was STD should have been a hint, that no one gave it any thought.

321 (edited by TheFizza 2021-12-08 04:13:02)

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

merc wrote:
lighton wrote:
TheFizza wrote:

Wow... I watched this Ep at 2x the speed and it still would not end... OMG, it was painful... I really hope this is the last season of this because IDK how much longer my like for Michael & Suru will last at this rate.

I'm gonna tell you a secret... it is allowed to stop watching shows you don't like anymore mid-season! cool

maybe but then you have a gnawing doubt that maybe it will pick up. I have only dropped 2 shows. That zombie world after tripe and also that Zoe sing along Glee for adults show. ( oh it has come back for season 3).  Others like Supergirl and Flash I will wait until all the eps are in then binge watch them

lighton you're not wrong... I remember the weight lifted from my soul when I finally gave up on Arrow and Supergirl but also merc's point is large part of hanging on.

I just recently realized I should have picked Legends of Tomorrow back up after leaving in season one. But honestly the other parts are thought that I've gone this far, I'd like to see how it ends & the fact that I'm into the Trek Worlds, I've gotten through all of the series even [except Picard] despite the dubious quality of some of the series.

But I apricate that the both of you have helped me put into words my reasons, maybe it well help me decide to quit the show or to at least stop complaining tongue

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fe18e3ede310c4d0ddb3af64211e19ec

322

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

TheFizza wrote:
merc wrote:
lighton wrote:
TheFizza wrote:

Wow... I watched this Ep at 2x the speed and it still would not end... OMG, it was painful... I really hope this is the last season of this because IDK how much longer my like for Michael & Suru will last at this rate.

I'm gonna tell you a secret... it is allowed to stop watching shows you don't like anymore mid-season! cool

maybe but then you have a gnawing doubt that maybe it will pick up. I have only dropped 2 shows. That zombie world after tripe and also that Zoe sing along Glee for adults show. ( oh it has come back for season 3).  Others like Supergirl and Flash I will wait until all the eps are in then binge watch them

lighton you're not wrong... I remember the weight lifted from my soul when I finally gave up on Arrow and Supergirl but also merc's point is large part of hanging on.

I just recently realized I should have picked Legends of Tomorrow back up after leaving in season one. But honestly the other parts are thought that I've gone this far, I'd like to see how it ends & the fact that I'm into the Trek Worlds, I've gotten through all of the series even [except Picard] despite the dubious quality of some of the series.

But I apricate that the both of you have helped me put into words my reasons, maybe it well help me decide to quit the show or to at least stop complaining tongue


I am completely  the opposite with Legends. It has got progressively silly in way Americans cannot do, or maybe I am never in the right mood ....I dont like any of the characters either as they have be come. The high point was the Bebo eps and the vikings and the Darks? after that down hill. Writers have changed?

323

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

I'm still watching this, but so far... this season has been atrocious. I'm going to stick with it a little further to see if the writers can convince me that this is still worth watching because my interest is drying up fast with each passing week. I thought the first episode was actually good, but the last two completely woke me from my dream lol. BTW, I'll never refer to this series as STD. lol Disco, probably; Discovery, more like it.

https://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.png
https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=9c3d70de238ebfb2f7ddda60d4ab6e5e
https://signavatar.com/40753_v.gif
https://signavatar.com/40753_s.gif

324 (edited by TheFizza 2021-12-09 05:51:08)

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

merc wrote:
TheFizza wrote:
merc wrote:
lighton wrote:

I'm gonna tell you a secret... it is allowed to stop watching shows you don't like anymore mid-season! cool

maybe but then you have a gnawing doubt that maybe it will pick up. I have only dropped 2 shows. That zombie world after tripe and also that Zoe sing along Glee for adults show. ( oh it has come back for season 3).  Others like Supergirl and Flash I will wait until all the eps are in then binge watch them

lighton you're not wrong... I remember the weight lifted from my soul when I finally gave up on Arrow and Supergirl but also merc's point is large part of hanging on.

I just recently realized I should have picked Legends of Tomorrow back up after leaving in season one. But honestly the other parts are thought that I've gone this far, I'd like to see how it ends & the fact that I'm into the Trek Worlds, I've gotten through all of the series even [except Picard] despite the dubious quality of some of the series.

But I apricate that the both of you have helped me put into words my reasons, maybe it well help me decide to quit the show or to at least stop complaining tongue


I am completely  the opposite with Legends. It has got progressively silly in way Americans cannot do, or maybe I am never in the right mood ....I dont like any of the characters either as they have be come. The high point was the Bebo eps and the vikings and the Darks? after that down hill. Writers have changed?

Ah, well I left at about Ep 13 in S1 and only found it again during last season [Lockdown Times] next I found myself going back only to discover every season, to my sensibilities, to be better than the one before it... thereby meaning at this point it is THE BEST IT'S EVER BEEN... for me cool

I'm super sad I missed out talking with friends about Legends or try to covert the uninitiated into fans... And now I can't wait for seasons and seasons more of this show... As long as they keep on the way they are I don't care if they cut the seasons down to 3 Eps and only make them available in French, I will learn French and thank my lucky stars it's not over yet!

And my goodness if only I felt that way for Discovery, or any current Trek series aside from Lower Decks.  I have high hopes that Strange New Worlds might fit that bill <FINGERS CROSSED>

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&amp;kk=fe18e3ede310c4d0ddb3af64211e19ec

325 (edited by TheFizza 2021-12-09 08:14:58)

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

scorpius074 wrote:

I'm still watching this, but so far... this season has been atrocious. I'm going to stick with it a little further to see if the writers can convince me that this is still worth watching because my interest is drying up fast with each passing week. I thought the first episode was actually good, but the last two completely woke me from my dream lol. BTW, I'll never refer to this series as STD. lol Disco, probably; Discovery, more like it.

I had a similar reaction, the first was decent, but these last few... well I've always felt Discovery was very TOS but that morality play last Ep was just painful... The problem seems to be that the writers just don't know what type of show they want, they never have. It ping-pongs here and there trying to please everyone and ends up pleasing very few.

But that's just my opinion...

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&amp;kk=fe18e3ede310c4d0ddb3af64211e19ec