Topic: links clicks and pop up windows

I am not a very tech savvy type i am here because a friend who knows a little about web browsing and VPNs(opera with VPN) and streaming tv set up my pc internet and shortcuts to help me get about. what i need to know is how do i stop my click on a link for one thing being hijacked and sent to somewhere else. i click a link to watch a program and when ever i click the screen to turn the volume up or down or try to pause the program i get sent off to a game website that tries to instal malware into my browser. i changed my DNS to a server that wont accept adverts so i am now getting empty windows. Am i missing a little trick or program to fix this or is it something i have to put up with.

Re: links clicks and pop up windows

To me it sounds like you have a virus and you need to clean up your PC ...

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e

santah wrote:

To me it sounds like you have a virus and you need to clean up your PC ...

To me it sounds that there is need for adblock... but who knows. Better to be safe than sorry, right?

...where did I put that rat's ass I could give?

Daemons are benevolent or benign nature spirits, beings of the same nature as both mortals and gods, similar to ghosts, chthonic heroes, spirit guides, forces of nature or the gods themselves.

Download and install adblock plus.  These "hijacks" are probably advertising re-directs.  If they don't stop, you have a virus.