26 (edited by pyrron 2016-05-23 12:11:04)

Re: Season 6 Including *Spoilers*

Kanga wrote:
pyrron wrote:

NOPE

That can't just be replied to with a nope, which was more dull? wink


Well , I can reply in one word if explaining in details wouldn't make a difference.
Obviously you are not willing (or are not able) to put an effort to understand the complex plot and appreciate the level of sophistication of this series both in book form and on TV.
Let me help you, this is a link to a podcast which will open your eyes a little (I hope).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYYS_xNndMo

Re: Season 6 Including *Spoilers*

Obviously you are not willing (or are not able) to put an effort to understand the complex plot and appreciate the level of sophistication of this series both in book form and on TV.

Did you just use the 'you just don't get it' argument?

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/OrlandoNEP.png

Re: Season 6 Including *Spoilers*

Orlando wrote:

Did you just use the 'you just don't get it' argument?

I think we are going to have to separate these too!  smile

DRM "manages access" in the same way that Prison "manages freedom".
http://xkcd.com/488/

Re: Season 6 Including *Spoilers*

Wizard wrote:

Hold The Door  sad

Nice, i wonder how long  R. R. Martin knew about that.

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=Watchlist&kk=276008292d78a1f619f8bbc10840767b

Re: Season 6 Including *Spoilers*

It didn't think it was a great episode, it just appeared that way because this season has been very weak so far.

Let's hope things improve though and get back to normal.  I'm pretty fed up of the "this girl has no name Jedi training" nonsense and Bran-in-a-tree nonsense every week.  Yawn.

That's the second biggest X I've ever seen.

31 (edited by Kanga 2016-05-26 05:56:18)

Re: Season 6 Including *Spoilers*

pyrron wrote:
Kanga wrote:
pyrron wrote:

NOPE

That can't just be replied to with a nope, which was more dull? wink


Well , I can reply in one word if explaining in details wouldn't make a difference.
Obviously you are not willing (or are not able) to put an effort to understand the complex plot and appreciate the level of sophistication of this series both in book form and on TV.

Kanga - Damn, these fries aren't that great.
pyrron - You just don't understand what sort of food McDonalds serve.

pyrron wrote:

Let me help you, this is a link to a podcast which will open your eyes a little (I hope).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYYS_xNndMo

I will investigate in near future.

(Edit after watching) - Meh. So many speculations in it, a broken clock will still be right twice aday.

Re: Season 6 Including *Spoilers*

Kanga you forgot:
you really should watch this video to open your eyes a little
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htnvzLU1I1o

Well I admit I only read Book 1 and got tired and bored of its length,
because GOT and stuff usually isn't my prefered genre but I like the show well enough.

Though I wonder wouldn't it be save to start the books now since this season ahead of the books, isn't it?
And do the GOT Writers have everything of the new book Martin has already written so that the story wont differ? Or does he just tell them the basics and main plot points? Considering the writing speed and the already renewed show?
Anyone want to enlighten me? big_smile

Re: Season 6 Including *Spoilers*

Mojito wrote:

Well I admit I only read Book 1 and got tired and bored of its length,
because GOT and stuff usually isn't my prefered genre but I like the show well enough.

Though I wonder wouldn't it be save to start the books now since this season ahead of the books, isn't it?
And do the GOT Writers have everything of the new book Martin has already written so that the story wont differ? Or does he just tell them the basics and main plot points? Considering the writing speed and the already renewed show?
Anyone want to enlighten me? big_smile

The main plot points in a broad scale should be the same, there are many many plot points in the books that felt very important to me, but were completely ignored in the show. The story will differ because it already does, they have diverged by quite a bit by now. Pretty sure they will both end the same way,  the show just takes a lot of shortcuts to get there.

Definitely safe to start reading. If you didn't enjoy book one, not sure how much you are going to like the rest. Personally I too got rather bored when ever there was a Greyjoy chapter, other than that I thought the books were very engaging.

Re: Season 6 Including *Spoilers*

Mojito wrote:

Kanga you forgot:
you really should watch this video to open your eyes a little
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htnvzLU1I1o

Well that says all wink

Mojito wrote:

Though I wonder wouldn't it be save to start the books now since this season ahead of the books, isn't it?
And do the GOT Writers have everything of the new book Martin has already written so that the story wont differ? Or does he just tell them the basics and main plot points? Considering the writing speed and the already renewed show?
Anyone want to enlighten me? big_smile

Writers usually create an outline of a SFF(Science Fiction/Fantasy) world before starting to write the story itself so Braavos is Braavos long before the first chapter is written and the same goes for people, events, motivators, influencers, objects/items etc and it is often stored as small snippets. The whole collection of these snippets is often referred to as a "Lore Bible" along the same lines as the visual entertainment industry often work with an "Art Bible" and you can almost literally just hand that over to another team and they can do a take on your material.

Many writers enhances their bibles with various other material often done by concept artists say e.g. portraits, maps, timelines so it often becomes very cohesive despite not being polished for consumers. Some IPs have earned alot of money on polishing up parts of their bibles and selling it as standalone products, one of the better industries at doing this would be Tabletop RPGs(it fits quite well with their primary products) although you can find similar products for Star Wars, Star Trek, Alien, Predator, LOTR etc.

In any case, Lore Bibles is not an exact science and it's a relatively new one(less then 50-75ish years) and nothing is concrete, many people have variations, hell many people call it something else but generally speaking it boils down to organizing snippets of ideas/concepts.

I hope that answers your question.

Re: Season 6 Including *Spoilers*

6x09 - The Battle of Bastards

yikes yikes yikes yikes yikes

That was quite the episode we were all waiting for. It had everything and much of that too.

I've seen many battle scenes - on land and on sea - but GoT set a very unique tone.

Man I love this show. I wish I could enjoy this on a big screen - like IMAX in 3D - this show feels to big for my pretty big screen TV. 1080p is way too small for that big_smile

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2f78bbc2ae515f1a55746f794066001

Re: Season 6 Including *Spoilers*

BlackBox wrote:

Man I love this show. I wish I could enjoy this on a big screen - like IMAX in 3D - this show feels to big for my pretty big screen TV. 1080p is way too small for that big_smile

Yep it was great and if you want to watch your favourite tv shows on a big cinema like screen, check out VR.
I watched 6x09 in a virtual cinema and it feels as big as a real cinema screen, much bigger than i could ever fit into my flat. smile Wherever you move your head, you look inside the cinema, so when i look up i see the ceiling, if i look behind me, i see the projector and so on.

This is the view of one eye, in the headset you see two images, one for each eye and therefore stereoscopic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW7gqvxRMak

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=Watchlist&kk=276008292d78a1f619f8bbc10840767b

Re: Season 6 Including *Spoilers*

BlackBox wrote:

6x09 - The Battle of Bastards

yikes yikes yikes yikes yikes

That was quite the episode we were all waiting for. It had everything and much of that too.

I've seen many battle scenes - on land and on sea - but GoT set a very unique tone.

Man I love this show. I wish I could enjoy this on a big screen - like IMAX in 3D - this show feels to big for my pretty big screen TV. 1080p is way too small for that big_smile

This episode has 10/10 on IMDb (out of > 72k ratings so far).

Considering scores on IMDb are not only whole numbers like 4, 8, 9 / 10 but have a number after the dot, as in 9.4, 8.1 - the score of this episode is insane. As was the episode itself smile

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e

Re: Season 6 Including *Spoilers*

santah wrote:

This episode has 10/10 on IMDb (out of > 72k ratings so far).

Considering scores on IMDb are not only whole numbers like 4, 8, 9 / 10 but have a number after the dot, as in 9.4, 8.1 - the score of this episode is insane. As was the episode itself smile

Makes perfect sense, it was a return to form after a relatively boring season. The episode represents everything viewers want out of GoT - challenges, heroism, despair, surprises & last but not least revenge.

Re: Season 6 Including *Spoilers*

Kanga wrote:
santah wrote:

This episode has 10/10 on IMDb (out of > 72k ratings so far).

Considering scores on IMDb are not only whole numbers like 4, 8, 9 / 10 but have a number after the dot, as in 9.4, 8.1 - the score of this episode is insane. As was the episode itself smile

Makes perfect sense, it was a return to form after a relatively boring season. The episode represents everything viewers want out of GoT - challenges, heroism, despair, surprises & last but not least revenge.

Don't forget boobs.  We like those too   smile

DRM "manages access" in the same way that Prison "manages freedom".
http://xkcd.com/488/

Re: Season 6 Including *Spoilers*

Wizard wrote:
Kanga wrote:
santah wrote:

This episode has 10/10 on IMDb (out of > 72k ratings so far).

Considering scores on IMDb are not only whole numbers like 4, 8, 9 / 10 but have a number after the dot, as in 9.4, 8.1 - the score of this episode is insane. As was the episode itself smile

Makes perfect sense, it was a return to form after a relatively boring season. The episode represents everything viewers want out of GoT - challenges, heroism, despair, surprises & last but not least revenge.

Don't forget boobs.  We like those too   smile

-> Surprises wink

Re: Season 6 Including *Spoilers*

I don't remember any boobs being in the episode....how then can it get a 10/10?

Re: Season 6 Including *Spoilers*

That ep was so exciting that it made guys temporarily forget about the boobs. It was long thought that only the Superbowl could do that.

Re: Season 6 Including *Spoilers*

next episode is 70 minutes...

Re: Season 6 Including *Spoilers*

HomerS wrote:
BlackBox wrote:

Man I love this show. I wish I could enjoy this on a big screen - like IMAX in 3D - this show feels to big for my pretty big screen TV. 1080p is way too small for that big_smile

Yep it was great and if you want to watch your favourite tv shows on a big cinema like screen, check out VR.
I watched 6x09 in a virtual cinema and it feels as big as a real cinema screen, much bigger than i could ever fit into my flat. smile Wherever you move your head, you look inside the cinema, so when i look up i see the ceiling, if i look behind me, i see the projector and so on.

That is an intriguing idea. I might check that out smile

Suasor wrote:

That ep was so exciting that it made guys temporarily forget about the boobs. It was long thought that only the Superbowl could do that.

Indeed big_smile

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2f78bbc2ae515f1a55746f794066001

Re: Season 6 Including *Spoilers*

6x10 -> Best episode in all of GoT?

Re: Season 6 Including *Spoilers*

Dayum. Did not disappoint!

Re: Season 6 Including *Spoilers*

Wow.  So many people

DRM "manages access" in the same way that Prison "manages freedom".
http://xkcd.com/488/

Re: Season 6 Including *Spoilers*

George went "I can't keep up with this many people and storylines, ahh fuck it I'll just blow them up or something"...

How did Varys go from Dorne back to "Bay of Dragons" so quickly? Seems the show skips huge amounts of time every now and again without pointing it out. The next book better be out before Season 7, I can't wait 10 months with everything we have been expecting/hoping to happen about to start happening.

Re: Season 6 Including *Spoilers*

There were atleast 5 good things in this episode.

+ show spoiler

Explosion, Ooglyface, King's Landing wink , Arya's revenge, King Snow

...where did I put that rat's ass I could give?

Daemons are benevolent or benign nature spirits, beings of the same nature as both mortals and gods, similar to ghosts, chthonic heroes, spirit guides, forces of nature or the gods themselves.

Re: Season 6 Including *Spoilers*

Time jumps are usually easy to sort out as the latest scene unfolds. In aftermath of the Sept explosion it makes sense that angry mom would head for Dorne for allies. And when Varys departed Mereen he indicated that he a plan in mind but was not sharing details. It was also obvious that it would take weeks at least to organize invasion fleet in Mereen and for succession and coronation to be arranged at King's Landing. Meanwhile no one is paying much attention to what is happening in the north. That will change in a big way next season.