Re: Mr. Robot

being a fag is in his blood smile cough swedish cough

27 (edited by sebkb 2015-07-11 00:15:09)

Re: Mr. Robot

xrnzaaas wrote:

Third episode was spectacular. And man, Tyrell will do anything to get what he wants, won't he?

He REALLY wants to be CTO!

Probably so he can buy more toys for his BDSM wife smile

Re: Mr. Robot

Suasor wrote:

Yeah, it was well done and even for an IT pro, it had some surprises. Best of all it was made comprehensible for non-IT folk. Not easy to do.

I really really want to like this show from the second I saw the trailer; and it has a lot of potential but at least once an episode they piss me off with the way they go out of the way to explain something, or try to use a technical concept metaphorically. The whole monologue on the virtues of bugs for example. As a programmer and computer security enthusiast it really seems like sometimes they try to pander a bit to the stereotypes and it comes across badly. When Christian Slater asked if he was going to be a one or a zero I wanted to throw my remote at the tv.

The actors are great enough that it gives me some hope that they'll bring in some consultants and the show will be able to achieve it's potential but I'm not holding my breath on it.

Re: Mr. Robot

sebkb wrote:
xrnzaaas wrote:

Third episode was spectacular. And man, Tyrell will do anything to get what he wants, won't he?

He REALLY wants to be CTO!

Probably so he can buy more toys for his BDSM wife smile

They both actually remind me of the Underwoods from House of Cards. smile

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2966a511fdd8bb4a428730b3f318478

Re: Mr. Robot

Lovsan wrote:

being a fag is in his blood smile cough swedish cough

I presume you meant being 'gay' as an insult to swedish people.. a ridiculous comment in every sense of the word.

Re: Mr. Robot

sebkb wrote:
Lovsan wrote:

being a fag is in his blood smile cough swedish cough

I presume you meant being 'gay' as an insult to swedish people.. a ridiculous comment in every sense of the word.

maybe a bit immature, but if you knew how swedish and finns get along, you would understand. I didnt really mean to be offensive against sweds

Re: Mr. Robot

The best insult about Swedes I have heard came from a very high ranking official in the Estonian military while having a beer with him "When the Russians come - the Swedes will fight until the last man, the last Finnish man that is". so true big_smile.

Re: Mr. Robot

trippy episode... all it was missing was a BSOD XD

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2966a511fdd8bb4a428730b3f318478

Re: Mr. Robot

Lovsan wrote:
sebkb wrote:
Lovsan wrote:

being a fag is in his blood smile cough swedish cough

I presume you meant being 'gay' as an insult to swedish people.. a ridiculous comment in every sense of the word.

maybe a bit immature, but if you knew how swedish and finns get along, you would understand. I didnt really mean to be offensive against sweds

I guess I should be offended and rant about how this is not true... but I'm both Swedish and gay, haha. Actually I'm half Swedish and half Finnish, so my gay genes might just as well have come from my Finnish side wink

Re: Mr. Robot

Looks like they'll be stretching the storyline a bit with Shayla, but I enjoyed episode 5 overall. And that goddamn soundtrack keeps getting better and better. smile

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2966a511fdd8bb4a428730b3f318478

Re: Mr. Robot

ellkay wrote:
Lovsan wrote:
sebkb wrote:
Lovsan wrote:

being a fag is in his blood smile cough swedish cough

I presume you meant being 'gay' as an insult to swedish people.. a ridiculous comment in every sense of the word.

maybe a bit immature, but if you knew how swedish and finns get along, you would understand. I didnt really mean to be offensive against sweds

I guess I should be offended and rant about how this is not true... but I'm both Swedish and gay, haha. Actually I'm half Swedish and half Finnish, so my gay genes might just as well have come from my Finnish side wink

Ok, that made me laugh smile

Re: Mr. Robot

xrnzaaas wrote:

Looks like they'll be stretching the storyline a bit with Shayla, but I enjoyed episode 5 overall. And that goddamn soundtrack keeps getting better and better. smile

I presume her relevance to the plot will become apparent later on. I hope.

Re: Mr. Robot

Oh and I guess all those people that thought Mr Robot was an extension of Elliot's psyche, a la Fight Club, were wrong. He interacted with everyone this episode. I think the writers were playing with us smile

Re: Mr. Robot

sebkb wrote:

Oh and I guess all those people that thought Mr Robot was an extension of Elliot's psyche, a la Fight Club, were wrong. He interacted with everyone this episode. I think the writers were playing with us smile

You are right on the fact that the writers were playing us, but not the way you see it. Mr Robot is an extension of Elliot's psyche. Watch the scene again. When the others interact with Mr Robot, Elliot is in the background not interacting with anyone. Bi-polar, schizo, multiple personality, whatever the correct psychology term is.

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=e2c8b402e501652ba57e4b4981079f94

Re: Mr. Robot

mclame wrote:
sebkb wrote:

Oh and I guess all those people that thought Mr Robot was an extension of Elliot's psyche, a la Fight Club, were wrong. He interacted with everyone this episode. I think the writers were playing with us smile

You are right on the fact that the writers were playing us, but not the way you see it. Mr Robot is an extension of Elliot's psyche. Watch the scene again. When the others interact with Mr Robot, Elliot is in the background not interacting with anyone. Bi-polar, schizo, multiple personality, whatever the correct psychology term is.

I noticed that too.  I've not seen a scene where Mr Robot and Elliot are conversing while other people are with "them".  I keep thinking they must be the same person, but that would be very strange if that's actually what's going on.

Not the best year ever.

Re: Mr. Robot

mclame wrote:
sebkb wrote:

Oh and I guess all those people that thought Mr Robot was an extension of Elliot's psyche, a la Fight Club, were wrong. He interacted with everyone this episode. I think the writers were playing with us smile

You are right on the fact that the writers were playing us, but not the way you see it. Mr Robot is an extension of Elliot's psyche. Watch the scene again. When the others interact with Mr Robot, Elliot is in the background not interacting with anyone. Bi-polar, schizo, multiple personality, whatever the correct psychology term is.

Exactly - the writers are still toying with us on this one. It's still possible Mr Robot is an actual person, though everything the writers (and camera guys) are doing suggests he is actually part of Elliot's mind.

https://i.postimg.cc/FzfWmwnQ/sigTV.png

Re: Mr. Robot

The Elliot Scofield episode was very enjoyable. And holy crap that wasn't the ending I expected. yikes

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2966a511fdd8bb4a428730b3f318478

Re: Mr. Robot

xrnzaaas wrote:

The Elliot Scofield episode was very enjoyable. And holy crap that wasn't the ending I expected. yikes

Looking forward to watching it later tonight smile

They Call Me The "Jax Lovah!" Machine!
http://i.imgur.com/TMcgaKU.jpg

Re: Mr. Robot

mclame wrote:
sebkb wrote:

Oh and I guess all those people that thought Mr Robot was an extension of Elliot's psyche, a la Fight Club, were wrong. He interacted with everyone this episode. I think the writers were playing with us smile

You are right on the fact that the writers were playing us, but not the way you see it. Mr Robot is an extension of Elliot's psyche. Watch the scene again. When the others interact with Mr Robot, Elliot is in the background not interacting with anyone. Bi-polar, schizo, multiple personality, whatever the correct psychology term is.

Oh my god, you might be right! It's getting all Inception up in here smile

And this week's episode. Woah. I did not expect that ending.

Re: Mr. Robot

sebkb wrote:
mclame wrote:
sebkb wrote:

Oh and I guess all those people that thought Mr Robot was an extension of Elliot's psyche, a la Fight Club, were wrong. He interacted with everyone this episode. I think the writers were playing with us smile

You are right on the fact that the writers were playing us, but not the way you see it. Mr Robot is an extension of Elliot's psyche. Watch the scene again. When the others interact with Mr Robot, Elliot is in the background not interacting with anyone. Bi-polar, schizo, multiple personality, whatever the correct psychology term is.

Oh my god, you might be right! It's getting all Inception up in here smile

And this week's episode. Woah. I did not expect that ending.

Yeah, I'm glad I decided to stick it out despite the few things about it that annoy me. Episodes 5 and 6 definitely won me over. My biggest disappoint now is that it looks like there are only ten episodes scheduled.

Re: Mr. Robot

Wasn't surprised by the ending but still solid so far.

Myka : You slept with her didn't you ?
Pete : Well... you... you told me to investigate ok ? So... she's unarmed.

Re: Mr. Robot

Episode 7 - keeps the thrill ride going...

Re: Mr. Robot

Episode 7 has still kept me amazed and surprised. I love this.

49 (edited by xrnzaaas 2015-08-06 13:16:03)

Re: Mr. Robot

Good episode, more about the character development than usual. I liked it.

PS. Tyrell's behavior was quite predictable this time. His humanly reaction afterwards wasn't.

Spoiler

I was expecting him to push her off the roof with cold blood and zero emotional reactions

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2966a511fdd8bb4a428730b3f318478

Re: Mr. Robot

not sure if spoiler, but

Spoiler

A lot of Mr. Robot talking to people without Elliot around this time. I still think he could just be a manifestation of another personality within Elliot, though. I guess the show could throw everyone for a loop by declaring him an actual person seperate from Elliot, that would be different.