1

Topic: Steam Mega Free Weekend!

http://i.imgur.com/YexxP3z.png

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/OrlandoNEP.png

2

Re: Steam Mega Free Weekend!

oh I misread this earlier I thought they were free to keep oh well will be interested to see the cost of some of the ones I don't have

3

Re: Steam Mega Free Weekend!

Katy wrote:

oh I misread this earlier I thought they were free to keep oh well will be interested to see the cost of some of the ones I don't have

I also thought they were free to keep. I must say that the way Valve/Steam phrased it really pissed me off. I'm not shy of paying for a game. But I haven't used Steam before, so I thought this was a good way to wheel me in. That's the way Origin pulled me in. Now I've installed the Steam Client and such, just to find this out. Really pissed off now and I'm really really second guessing if I ever want to support Steam after such a move!

What is this for crappy promotion? This option of 'free to play for X amount of time' should be there always! It will save me the hassle of pirating a game to see if I like it. To use it as a "promotion" is laughable, at best...

4

Re: Steam Mega Free Weekend!

see no point in messing up my hd installing tons of gb just to have to erase it after, this is bs...

They Call Me The "Jax Lovah!" Machine!
http://i.imgur.com/TMcgaKU.jpg

5 (edited by latitude75 2014-10-18 11:37:49)

Re: Steam Mega Free Weekend!

allthough I havent pirated a game in over a year now, thanks to steam and maybee me developing a supportive feel towards some of those who deserves it smile

They Call Me The "Jax Lovah!" Machine!
http://i.imgur.com/TMcgaKU.jpg

6

Re: Steam Mega Free Weekend!

latitude75 wrote:

see no point in messing up my hd installing tons of gb just to have to erase it after, this is bs...

Point is to try new games, see if you like them and maybe consider buying afterwards.
I did that this weekend with Don't Starve!

http://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.png

http://i.imgur.com/6zvYE.jpg
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fae192a45e22f2ea2fece89557aebb4c

7

Re: Steam Mega Free Weekend!

Spyder23 wrote:
latitude75 wrote:

see no point in messing up my hd installing tons of gb just to have to erase it after, this is bs...

Point is to try new games see if you like them and maybe consider buying afterwards.
I did that this weekend with Don't Starve!

we got youtube for that

They Call Me The "Jax Lovah!" Machine!
http://i.imgur.com/TMcgaKU.jpg

8

Re: Steam Mega Free Weekend!

latitude75 wrote:
Spyder23 wrote:
latitude75 wrote:

see no point in messing up my hd installing tons of gb just to have to erase it after, this is bs...

Point is to try new games see if you like them and maybe consider buying afterwards.
I did that this weekend with Don't Starve!

we got youtube for that

It's not the same for me.

http://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.png

http://i.imgur.com/6zvYE.jpg
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fae192a45e22f2ea2fece89557aebb4c

9 (edited by latitude75 2014-10-18 11:40:46)

Re: Steam Mega Free Weekend!

well gameplay videos is what decides it for me these days, not pirating or steam "free to play" bs...

They Call Me The "Jax Lovah!" Machine!
http://i.imgur.com/TMcgaKU.jpg

10

Re: Steam Mega Free Weekend!

latitude75 wrote:

well gameplay videos is what decides it for me these days, not pirating...

Of course but If I have the chance to see it myself with these free weekends, I do it. I haven't pirated games since the beta release of dota2 on steam myself (about 3 years). Can't say the same about tv shows cause I don't get netflix or some other convenient way to get them.

http://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.png

http://i.imgur.com/6zvYE.jpg
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fae192a45e22f2ea2fece89557aebb4c

11

Re: Steam Mega Free Weekend!

Well to me it's still a waste of bandwith and a good way to fragment your hd, no point when I can get a proper feel of the game through twitch or youtube, anyhow when it comes to tv shows I'm with you - I got netflix but theres nothing there...

They Call Me The "Jax Lovah!" Machine!
http://i.imgur.com/TMcgaKU.jpg

12

Re: Steam Mega Free Weekend!

well orange is the new black I think is the only thing I get from it, and the occasional movie once every 2 months...

They Call Me The "Jax Lovah!" Machine!
http://i.imgur.com/TMcgaKU.jpg