Topic: Sense8

A new scifi series, Sense8, is coming to Netflix from Babylon 5’s J. Michael Straczynski and the Matrix's  Wachowski brothers.....

Netflix orders 10 episodes of the Wachowskis' 'Sense8'
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/03/27/netfl … e8-series/

Re: Sense8

..brothers..?

Not just the Spanish maine my love. The entire ocean. The entire world!

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=7b21315a0c2bce4fa4716b05990b6ff0

Vana wrote:

..brothers..?

big_smile

...where did I put that rat's ass I could give?

Daemons are benevolent or benign nature spirits, beings of the same nature as both mortals and gods, similar to ghosts, chthonic heroes, spirit guides, forces of nature or the gods themselves.

Jjust to add, I know she used to be a dude tongue

Not just the Spanish maine my love. The entire ocean. The entire world!

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=7b21315a0c2bce4fa4716b05990b6ff0

Wait what? Dude looks like a lady err dude became a lady.

Ohhhh maybe that was around the time when Speed Racer was released.

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=Watchlist&kk=276008292d78a1f619f8bbc10840767b

6 (edited by PaulBags 2015-06-06 10:53:24)

Halfway through episode 1, does it ever develop a point or should I give up now?

Argh, gave up after 38 minutes of utterly nothing. I probably was never going to buy Netflix services anyway, but now I definitely never will.

Netflix made a show so terrible I actually kinda want to kill myself right now. Need to watch some comedy.

7 (edited by xzeal 2015-06-06 11:00:04)

I am at the end of episode 3 right now and it seems to be getting good finally. They should have started from here. So far it is been so confusing and all over the place following a bazillion things and what is with all the graphic gay sex on TV these days?

Well episode 4 time.

8 (edited by xzeal 2015-06-06 15:58:59)

I am happy to report that the number of gay and straight sex scenes has gone down and the show has developed a direction of sorts, well several actually. (5 episodes so far).

The first 2 episodes were a damn mess though, you can only start a show like this on netflix, otherwise people just drop it after the first episode because it is impossible to follow and it gets canceled by the third where it actually gets good.

EDIT: ok episode 6 is in full orgy mode again...

A good serie is like reading a Russian novel: it takes 200 pages of struggling with the characters before one can start enjoying things. Then the agitation starts to make sense.

Only watched the first three episodes yet, but I have to say I really enjoy Sense8.
Maybe I'm biased because of the Wachowski brothers...

10 (edited by xzeal 2015-06-06 19:04:08)

Karamazow wrote:

Maybe I'm biased because of the Wachowski brothers...

that is the reason I kept going. At one points I could remember all of the first Matrix dialog by heart.

Karamazow wrote:

Only watched the first three episodes yet

you have suffered through the shit bit, enjoy the rest of the show-

I am glad I am not alone only halfway through episode 1 I don't know if I can be bothered to waste the time to get to episode 4. Can I skip straight there?

The show is ok even though it started really slowly and confusingly. I could do without graphic sex scenes (both straight and gay), they may turn away some people who will miss out on so many important themes/issues tackled by the show.
The actor guy having PMS was hilarious big_smile

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s450/Osiris_Wesir/worthwatch_zpsb42c769a.jpg

Ending was a "meh".

Spoiler

So the Indian gal - for 12 episodes we watch that tedious drama about her being conflicted if she should get married to that guy or not...

.... and the show ended and the only thing that is clear is that this storyline went NOWHERE.

I really really liked it, but the ending was a little.... nothing.

"The speed of the Ninja, is the speed of the night."

I really liked it... Just binged watched all the episodes in one go, and i think its one of the more interesting scifi shows in a long time.

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"

So if you are visiting someone, nobody can see you. If you pick the person you are visiting up are they floating?

J. Michael Straczynski is a fantastic storyteller, remember Babylon 5?
The whole first season of Babylon was just an introduction and I bet you couldn't predict where the story will go.
Have faith!

Liked the trailer but been holding off cause of I've heard it's just littered with gay sex which for me is an instant skip - rumors true or this worth exploring more? I mean it's not an integral part of the story and one can just skip those scenes? And besides that is it worth investing time to see it cause I've been looking for a good sci fi story ever since fringe....and no cliffhangers?

pyrron wrote:

J. Michael Straczynski is a fantastic storyteller, remember Babylon 5?
The whole first season of Babylon was just an introduction and I bet you couldn't predict where the story will go.
Have faith!

Ah yes, Babylon 5 is a long time favourite for me - up there with firefly, star trek, dune and more smile

|___________________________________________________________________________________
|                                                                                                                                                 
| And so what are Netflix doing? Just sitting on theire bums waiting for people to demand a season 2?
|___________________________________________________________________________________

They Call Me The "Jax Lovah!" Machine!
http://i.imgur.com/TMcgaKU.jpg

I don't think it is for you, sci-fi is just an tiny bit... the show is focusing on characters facing unusual experience of "mind sharing" not on why or how this unusual phenomenon is happening (at least that's what I got from watching 6 eps).

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s450/Osiris_Wesir/worthwatch_zpsb42c769a.jpg

It's a good show, and I hope they are well received enough to get a second season. Probably the first half of the season is spent on character development, which I could understand seeming to drag a little bit, but you have 8 leading characters with their own story lines, plus the story of how they're all connected.

The main characters are all very likeable and fairly complex, so it really takes time to get to know them before jumping straight to being able to visit and share with one another and after watching it all, I think they spaced it out pretty perfectly.

I would agree that the sex may be a little much for some, but I wouldn't consider it gratuitous. There could literally be no more intimate relationship than the one that's supposed to connect them all and the most universal way to try to communicate such thorough intimacy is with sex. The orgy scene mentioned in a previous comment may definitely be too much for some, but I think the point of it is to illustrate how they're all pulled in and share the experience completely and are powerless to control it. They're shown as participants because they're each simultaneously on all sides of the sexual equation;  then shown after the fact to have each (with a couple exceptions) been going about their day.

By the 8th episode, everything is fairly established and each character is dealing with their own situations while the main plot just keeps building. From that point on, you're pretty much just going to want to watch it straight through and when it's done you'll hopefully want a second season as much as I do.

21 (edited by xrnzaaas 2015-06-09 09:51:04)

This show in my case will probably land in the same category as Hemlock Grove - I may watch it someday (more like never).

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2966a511fdd8bb4a428730b3f318478

I just finished the second half of Sense8. Wow, just wow yikes I'm speechless. In fact I can't even remember if any serie in the last year(s?) even remotely comes close to this one. The Wachowskis made some utter sh*t over the last years, and with that I mean truly horrible, completely unwatchable failures. Sense8 is definitely not one of them big_smile

Sense8 touched some pretty interesting (complex) ideas and concepts from different cultures. I particularly liked that the individual character stories & the sense experience prevailed over the main plot.

The sex wasn't that bad...

Spoiler

Wait till you see women giving birth to babies tongue

Oh and

Spoiler

When Kala confessed to her father she didn't want to marry Rajan: the response of her father was just like a scene from the Matrix. Was like when Neo talks with the architect. I couldn't help but notice it..

As the saying goes:
A good serie gets better at the second watching. A great serie at the third. Any serie not worth rewatching isn't worth watching.
And with that in mind, I'll start rewatching roll

ep1 was not bad at all, a bit slow but after all it all made sense and it had good ending scene, looking forward to watch the whole season in row now big_smile

good show !

I liked it even if it was very derivative. What I didn't like was the crappy production values. Often the characters lips said one thing and the soundtrack another. In an early episode a character said blah blah blah blah then the soundtrack added "thanks" while his lips didn't move. Then came from another character "Thanks?" and a big rant.

After that I got into the habit of watching their lips and noticed it happened several times more - and I'm not a lip reader.

25 (edited by Quinlan 2015-06-12 19:26:57)

As someone said, only possibe on Netflix with all the episodes available because this is really really boring. For me at least. If it was a weekly show, I would've dropped it.

There was a little glimpse of a change of pace in episode 5 but it fell back to tedious and useless barely interesting tidbits (some call them "character development" I guess). Colourful and beautiful cinematography overall and it looks great. It's just long and boring.

I finished ep7 where again, it seems to finally move on to something. I'll probably finish it tonight but this is for me a classic case of a show spread on way too much film. (Oh god, I just saw there are 12 episodes, I though there were 10).

I will NEVER watch it again except if there is a second season and I'll obviously fast-forward it only to get the basic reminders.

Bare in mind that I normally love long and eneventful show but this one... meh! Good idea that takes too long to go anywhere.

Myka : You slept with her didn't you ?
Pete : Well... you... you told me to investigate ok ? So... she's unarmed.